Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2017, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yeah, that's what I thought. My co-mod on The Borgias board watched OTH and she wasn't happy with the way things turned out.

Well, the Eagles play the Cowboys this weekend on Sunday Night Football, which is the most important game of the season. If they beat the Cowboys they go to 9-1 and the Cowboys will drop to 5-5 and they'll have little chance of making the wildcard spot, which is good for Mark and the Lions. After that the Eagles play the Bears(easy win), then they go to the west coast to play the Seahawks and the Rams, which should be the toughest part of their remaining schedule. Then it gets easy with the Giants, the Raiders(on the last Monday Night Football game of the season on Christmas Day), and finally the Cowboys on New Year's eve, and they might just sit and rest most of their players for that game if they clinch the division by then.

The Lions have the Bears, Vikings, Ravens, Buccaneers, the Bears again, the Bengals, and finally the Packers at home.

The Steelers play the Titans, Packers, Bengals, Ravens, Patriots, Texans, and then close out the season against the Browns, so your schedule is only a little bit tougher.
True, but it's an hard theory to buy considering Brucas barely had an functional relationship and both parties had to try & be someone they weren't in order for them to work. Also, the person Peyton/Hilarie was meant to be end up with in this supposed situation was played by an actor who had no interest in being on the show and was an series regulars on other tv shows a this point.

That's an decent schedule for both teams, especially since most of the Steelers games are at home too.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
True, but it's an hard theory to buy considering Brucas barely had an functional relationship and both parties had to try & be someone they weren't in order for them to work. Also, the person Peyton/Hilarie was meant to be end up with in this supposed situation was played by an actor who had no interest in being on the show and was an series regulars on other tv shows a this point.

That's an decent schedule for both teams, especially since most of the Steelers games are at home too.
So Chad didn't wanna be on the show anymore? I never watched it so I can't comment.

Yep, the remaining schedule for all our teams looks good. If we beat the Cowboys this Sunday we should have everything locked up. I think your Steelers have it already locked up. The Patriots are the only really tough team they're gonna face. For Mark, the toughest game the Lions have will be against the Vikings.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
So Chad didn't wanna be on the show anymore? I never watched it so I can't comment.

Yep, the remaining schedule for all our teams looks good. If we beat the Cowboys this Sunday we should have everything locked up. I think your Steelers have it already locked up. The Patriots are the only really tough team they're gonna face. For Mark, the toughest game the Lions have will be against the Vikings.
He didn't, but that was at the end of season 6. Peyton was supposedly meant to end up with Jake, who was played by Bryan Greenburg and he had other shows so he could never fully commit to One Tree Hill.

We definitely do I think, especially since our division sucks this year.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the well being wishes it is nice that it happened while they're lieneant on post counts.

Ah, two, so they definitely have a good chance. It's the same in the NHL

Garret Dillahunt has been cast in ftwd! Fyeah
Old 11-14-2017, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Garret Dillahunt is an good actor from what I've seen him in Pretty underrated too.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Thanks for the well being wishes it is nice that it happened while they're lieneant on post counts.

Ah, two, so they definitely have a good chance. It's the same in the NHL

Garret Dillahunt has been cast in ftwd! Fyeah
You're welcome, Mark. Yeah, if you're gonna get sick, now is the time to do it.

Yep, although the divisions aren't ridiculously crowded like they are in the NHL. There used to be three wildcards, but like I said, once they expanded from three divisions per conference to four, there was no reason to have three anymore, so now there's just two.

Garret Dillahunt is also on The Gifted. He's on FTWD now? And yes, he is underrated. I remember when he played the T-888 on Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

Quote:
He didn't, but that was at the end of season 6. Peyton was supposedly meant to end up with Jake, who was played by Bryan Greenburg and he had other shows so he could never fully commit to One Tree Hill.

We definitely do I think, especially since our division sucks this year.

Damn, who was running that show? Typical CW incompetence. Thank God Riverdale is as awesome as it is.

Yeah, you're lucky that the Steelers are in the same division as the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens. That's not much competition.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Damn, who was running that show? Typical CW incompetence. Thank God Riverdale is as awesome as it is.

Yeah, you're lucky that the Steelers are in the same division as the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens. That's not much competition.
Mark Schwahn haha Thank God that theory actually isn't true since the writing for both relationships don't scream endgame.

Yep, even though it's normally hard (minus the Browns) but this year they are all big messes.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Mark Schwahn haha Thank God that theory actually isn't true since the writing for both relationships don't scream endgame.

Yep, even though it's normally hard (minus the Browns) but this year they are all big messes.
Well, I still think that Riverdale is better written than One Tree Hill. And those relationships don't have to be endgame, or appear to be endgame, right now.

Well you lucked out then, Sam. Hope to see you guys in Super Bowl!

I'm going to bed. I'll see you all later! Goodnight!
Old 11-15-2017, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You're welcome, Mark. Yeah, if you're gonna get sick, now is the time to do it.

Yep, although the divisions aren't ridiculously crowded like they are in the NHL. There used to be three wildcards, but like I said, once they expanded from three divisions per conference to four, there was no reason to have three anymore, so now there's just two.

Garret Dillahunt is also on The Gifted. He's on FTWD now? And yes, he is underrated. I remember when he played the T-888 on Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

Yeah it really doesn't make any sense to have three wildcard spots with the number of divisions they have. I'm glad they instituted the wild card format a few years ago because teams like the Wings who are average at best for the time being still have a good chance of getting in along with some other mediocre teams which makes the playoffs more interesting.

The Gifted, huh? He'll be busy depending on how long he's on either show because I think one will start filming a month or two after the other. I loved him on Justified and Burn Notice.

I'm guessing he won't last long on FTWD though because AMC seems to be cutting the budget for the franchise (makes sense and I don't blame them) and getting an actor like him cannot be cheap

See you later
Old 11-15-2017, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Well, I still think that Riverdale is better written than One Tree Hill. And those relationships don't have to be endgame, or appear to be endgame, right now.

Well you lucked out then, Sam. Hope to see you guys in Super Bowl!

I'm going to bed. I'll see you all later! Goodnight!
It depends on what season we are comparing of OTH we are compared Riverdale too Hopefully, would be an great game if we got it.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It depends on what season we are comparing of OTH we are compared Riverdale too Hopefully, would be an great game if we got it.
Well, I was never as interested in OTH the way I am with Riverdale because Riverdale borrows so much from Twin Peaks.

Yeah, a Pennsylvania Super Bowl would be great, Sam. But I think the Patriots are gonna try to keep that from happening. And I'm guessing that we're gonna face the Rams if we get to the NFC Championship.

Hi, Mark! I love your avatar! Is that meant to mock Nirvana?

I agree, and like I said, once the NFL expanded to four divisions(thank you, Jaguars, Panthers, Titans, Ravens, and Texans!) they no longer needed three wildcard spots, so they went back to having two wildcards, which they had back in the 80's and 90's before the expansion teams came along.

Did the NHL just institute the wildcard format, Mark? I guess I didn't notice. But you're right, it does make for more interesting games.

Well, Garret is playing a mad scientist on The Gifted, so I'm guessing that his character won't be in every episode, and will probably be killed off at some point.

So AMC is cutting budgets again, huh? They did that to TWD back in season 2, which is what got Frank Darabont fired when he fought against the cuts after TWD became the highest rated show in cable TV history. And he's still suing them to this day. Add Robert Kirkman and Gale Anne Hurd and most of the creative staff of TWD is suing AMC. If this show lasts another season I'll be surprised. They might decide to cancel TWD in favor of FTWD.

I hope you're feeling better today, Mark.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Well, I was never as interested in OTH the way I am with Riverdale because Riverdale borrows so much from Twin Peaks.

Yeah, a Pennsylvania Super Bowl would be great, Sam. But I think the Patriots are gonna try to keep that from happening. And I'm guessing that we're gonna face the Rams if we get to the NFC Championship.
Fair point I really want to beat the Patriots this year and they definitely are vulnerable with their D this year.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

Hi, Alex! Nope! It's actually a logo they used a alot on their merchandise and T-Shirts. I'm actually wearing the one that looks exactly like my avatar right now

I think it's been a few years but now I'm not quite so sure. I've always loved hockey but didn't get into the playoff analytics until the last 3-4 years so it could be longer but they added another division a few seasons ago.

Either that or he knows he'll have time to comfortably do both I doubt he'd accept a role on FTWD unless it was a serious one and not a two episode character or something. Jenna Elfman has apparently been cast on FTWD too so they're definitely loading up on star power and with how strong last season was I wouldn't be surprised if TWD's shelf life is shorter than some believe.

I'm feeling a little better but still pretty annoying sick Hope you had a good day
Old 11-15-2017, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Fair point I really want to beat the Patriots this year and they definitely are vulnerable with their D this year.
Yep, Pats do have a weak D line this year, although they've improved since the start of the year. But that's why the Steelers are ranked higher than the Patriots so far. And Brady's won five Super Bowls, so he doesn't need another. He holds the record for most Super Bowl wins by a quarterback. The Steelers have won the most Super Bowls, but with two different QB's, Bradshaw and Roethlisberger.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yep, Pats do have a weak D line this year, although they've improved since the start of the year. But that's why the Steelers are ranked higher than the Patriots so far. And Brady's won five Super Bowls, so he doesn't need another. He holds the record for most Super Bowl wins by a quarterback. The Steelers have won the most Super Bowls, but with two different QB's, Bradshaw and Roethlisberger.
Yeah, someone else needs to win the Super Bowl for once
Closed Thread   Post New Thread