Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2017, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

MacLaren's pub OT #56: Because who needs thread titles to have great discussions?

W E L C O M E T O T H E 56TH T H R E A D
Off Topic
L E T' S D I S C U S S W H A T E V E R
theregulars
001. PhoenixRising
002. Mysteria
003. Vacatia
004. Lucresiare
005. Ropetuned
006. BlackSapphire
offtopicdiscussion

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 10-21-2017 at 06:13 PM
Old 10-21-2017, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Alex, Mark? Can I be added in the OP list?
Old 10-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm adding you now, Vicki!

And I'm reposting the last discussion on the previous thread. And those sound like really good ways to relax, Vicki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Next week, yay! I bet you're counting down even more now I'm glad you get some time off to just relax and get some energy back, you deserve it :nod;

i got a little sleep but not much. I don't understand how someone could be so exhausted yet they can't fall asleep? It's baffling.

Hope you got some sleep at least Hopefully work isn't too stressful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
FF acting up again, Mark? Damn double posts are a pain.

Well, after losing to the Predators, the Flyers beat the Oilers to remain in fourth place.

Yep, now just four days until my vacation. I do need the time off to relax for a while.

Wow, you sound like you suffer from insomnia. Even though you're tired, your sleep mechanism isn't activating. Your brain is still receiving wake signals that are keeping you awake. It's a common problem that normally results from stress. You need to relax and calm your mind. I usually watch old black and white horror movies or mystery movies to go to sleep.

I hope you do get some sleep soon. I got some, but still not enough. I'll probably be heading off to bed soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire (View Post)
4 days? That's super Not long to wait now!!!

Yea definitely calm the mind. Lavender oil/spray helps for that.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Alex

Maybe your mind is too mentally active. It doesn't help using a computer alot really, try laying down just resting your eyes, listening to some calming music?
Old 10-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, Vicki!

Yeah, music sound good. Also some tea or warm milk. But the trick is to get the brain's sleep receptors working so your brain knows your body is supposed to be sleeping. If your wake receptors are on, even if you're exhausted your body will think it's supposed to be awake. So just take your mind off things and relax, Mark.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising
FF acting up again, Mark? Damn double posts are a pain.

Well, after losing to the Predators, the Flyers beat the Oilers to remain in fourth place.

Yep, now just four days until my vacation. I do need the time off to relax for a while.

Wow, you sound like you suffer from insomnia. Even though you're tired, your sleep mechanism isn't activating. Your brain is still receiving wake signals that are keeping you awake. It's a common problem that normally results from stress. You need to relax and calm your mind. I usually watch old black and white horror movies or mystery movies to go to sleep.

I hope you do get some sleep soon. I got some, but still not enough. I'll probably be heading off to bed soon.
It sure is It happens on some boards and that's it, when it happens on certain boards it only happens on certain threads..very weird.

Glad the Flyers are doing good. Detroit actually traded two players today! They traded Sheahan (who is absolutely horrible)+ a 5th RD draft pick and we got a great depth player for him and a a 3rd RD pick in the next draft So awesome, we needed cap space to sign an RFA that still was unsigned and now we do, I think our GM knows his job is on the line at this point

I do try to relax and calm my mind, usually by listening to mood music or just opening my window and listening to crickets. Heck I'm even on sleep meds and for years they knocked me out for 10 - 13 hours at a time and now they barely make me tired who knows, I guess.

How was your day?
Old 10-21-2017, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Tea, warm milk or beer
Insomnia is the worst though
Old 10-21-2017, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Alcohol definitely sounds the best route That and muscle relaxers which I need to get refilled once the pharmacy does their thing
Old 10-21-2017, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

I'm going to dive onto the bed to sleep now. Be back tomorrow. Take care guys
Old 10-21-2017, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Beer, Vicki? That's one I haven't tried, but it sounds good.

Believe me, the double posting happens on a lot of boards. It's a FF glitch and there's nothing we can do, sadly.

Yep, I'm glad the Flyers and the Eagles look good this year. And that sounds like good news about the Red Wings! At least something is being done.

You may have developed a resistance to those sleep meds, Mark. I'd try something different, like what Vicki suggested. I sometimes use Advil PM.

My day was okay. I still don't like working on weekends. I feel better working during the weekdays. But I can't wait for my week of vacation starting on Thursday. Just four days!

I'm gonna go to bed now. I have to get up early for work tomorrow. I'll talk to you both tomorrow!

Goodnight, Vicki! Goodnight, Mark! Please try to get a good night's sleep!
Old 10-21-2017, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it's sad but a part of technology. For as advanced as it is a lot of devices and what not are relatively glitch free.

You're right, I might have to try something else. Something along with sleep meds like what you guys suggested along with Melatonin, possibly.

Talk to you tomorrow! Make sure you don't sleep past your alarm :lol

Goodnight Alex I'll try

Goodnight, Vicki! Thanks for the advice and the posting you did today It's nice having you around with us!
Old 10-22-2017, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Mark! Don't worry, I got up on time.

I hope you managed to get some sleep yesterday.

Sorry for missing you guys today. I guess Vicki already left. I was watching football all afternoon and I was also doing stuff with my co-mod on The Borgias board.

Right now I'm watching the Patriots/Falcons game. Super Bowl rematch!

I hope your day was good, Mark!
Old 10-22-2017, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

That's good, last thing you need is to be left

I got about two hours I'm so tired I'll probably be able to sleep tonight

It's okay Real life takes place first and what not, even if it's just football

Sounds exciting! Hopefully you had a good day.

Watching the S8 premiere of TWD and Old Rick time jumps are playing throughout the episode..that's about the only exciting thing to me honestly. The rest is just more of the usual.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG, only two hours? That's not good enough, Mark. Please get some sleep tonight, okay? A full 8 hours.

I had an okay day. Work, as usual. But three more days and I'll be on my vacation, thankfully.

Oh, they're doing the time switching thing? Old Rick in the future and young Rick in the present day? Looks like I bailed on this show just in time. I hate that gimmick.

I'm gonna finish watching football and then head off to bed, Mark. I gotta get up early tomorrow. I'll see you tomorrow and we'll take the post count! Goodnight, Mark! And sleep well!
Old 10-22-2017, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

I'll try Not sure how that's gonna work, oh well.

Yay, vacation coming sooner and sooner nice

Yeah they're doing time jumps and all the other **** that some shows do Showing scenes in the future with ""old rick" with his cane and the haircut from the comics. Then the battle speeches and pep talks I'm watching out of loyatly but oh well.

I'm going to lay down soon, too. Have a good night! Yeah, I'll be here for our post count