Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, there's no real set way to do the OP for the post count thread. Each board is free to do it as they choose. As long as the counts are recorded.

I hope Crystal's okay too. I know she's busy with her job and her moving to her new place, but I'd hoped she's visit more often.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I like that about this board in that we can do it however we feel is easiest for us. It's only difficult when a mod-switch happens or something like that and sometimes having everyone doing it differently is a little jarring

I'll probably go to bed soon, so have a good night!
Old 09-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I try to keep whatever tradition the previous mod had in place, partially out of respect, and partially because I'm lazy.

Okay, I have to go to bed soon too, Mark! I'll talk to you tomorrow! Have a good night and sleep well!
Old 09-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

Good evening

Yeah, makes sense. I'm pretty lazy too plus just starting out as a mod so keeping whatever was in place makes most sense
Old 09-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Mark! I hope you slept well and had a good day.

Yeah, you're going through the same thing I went through when I first became a mod. There's a whole big system in place already, so I just try to maintain it without changing too much of what made the board successful in the first place. It's also easier than trying to figure out how the original mods did things and then coming up with your own thing. If you can't improve on it, why bother?

I'm just coming on FF right now because I was a bit tired and worn out from putting out Halloween candy all day. Ugh, I hate retail during the holidays.

And there's another hurricane about to slam into us as well.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

I had a good day, hope you did too!

Yeah, keeping to the system is probably the best bet and not changing what already works makes the most sense. I definitely can't improve it or figure out my own method yet so luckily one is already in place

Retail definittely sucks during the Holiday or should I say gets worse?

Ima, right? That sucks.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

I had a good day, hope you did too!

Yeah, keeping to the system is probably the best bet and not changing what already works makes the most sense. I definitely can't improve it or figure out my own method yet so luckily one is already in place

Retail definittely sucks during the Holiday or should I say gets worse?

Ima, right? That sucks.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I spent my day putting out Halloween candy, so... my day sucked.

Yep, I'm too busy just moderating three boards to actually think of coming up with something original when it comes to the OP's. Besides, they put a lot of work into it and I don't wanna ruin it. Photobucket already did that, sadly.

Retail makes me hate the holidays. I just hope that one day I can leave retail so I can start enjoying the holidays again. At least I took the week of Halloween off this year. I can catch a break.

Irma the hurricane. I mean, how many are we gonna get?

And I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but I have work tomorrow and I have to go do bed, Mark. But I'm off work Thursday and Friday, so I'll be here longer when I get home from work tomorrow. And I promise I'll try not to fall asleep.

See you tomorrow, Mark! Goodnight, and sleep well!
Old 09-05-2017, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

I get that. Plus you're modding three boards so you've got your work cut out for you Yeah, that makes sense too, a lot of hard work at that and it's good to be respectful of their effort. I am still irked about Photobucket but it's all about $$$ to those places I guess

Hopefully Irma is the last one for awhile Harvey was dangerous enough! Wow...

It's okay I understand work and doing everything else on top of it. You don't have to promise that because I can't either or I'd probably break it

See you later! Have a good day tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Mark! Sorry if I'm late in posting. I had a watch to do on the Legends of Tomorrow board. And I did promise I wouldn't fall asleep, right? But I am having dinner so I'll be back a bit later.

Well, I'm getting the hang of modding three boards... slowly. It does suck that I have to divide my time as best I can.

Well, Photobucket is just becoming like a lot of these websites. God forbid they don't charge you out the ass for something so simple.

It looks like Irma is going to be historically catastrophic. The islands of the Caribbean are going to be hit hardest. The question is how hard with Florida and the Carolinas be hit?
Old 09-06-2017, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Hi Alex It's all good I usually just check every now and then to see what's going on because I post at a few different sites.

You're right! You did promise that, so congrats!

Yeah, I agree. I guess I can see how they'd want to profit somehow if they can, I guess.

Yeah...Irma is looking vicious. I saw that they're ordering a mandatory evacuation but honestly I would have been gone yesterday My dad lived down on the coast of Florida for a few years and said that it gets crowded in a hurry and that was even on a regular basis with not even a thunderstorm..not good. It sounds like the storm isn't dying down anytime soon but I hope there is little damage as possible
Old 09-07-2017, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, I did promise you that, Mark... But then I decided to have chicken parmigiana for dinner and... I was so full I just passed out. And it was Wednesday, and you know I always end up crashing on Wednesday after working five days straight. Damn, I really hate doing that. I'm sorry.

Yeah, I've seen you post on other sites. What other boards on FF are you interested in?

I actually have extended family living down in Florida. My little brother who was shot and killed last year lived down their with his mother. He was my half brother. I think I told you about this. He worked at a Circle K in Cape Coral and was shot by some nutcase while on the job. I went down there for his funeral last year. His mom, my former stepmom, lives in Cape Coral, Florida, and most of her family moved down there with her. I do hope everyone is gonna be okay.

They say this is an historic, record hurricane, and it's like nothing anyone has every seen. The islands of the Caribbean are already getting destroyed in its path. I just hope the damage in Florida isn't too severe and that it turns back out to sea.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

That's okay I was tired too so I think I might have passed out

Fringe, Prison Break and NCIS but there are a few sites that aren't on , too.

Wow, I hope everything is okay! it'd definitely be nice if it decided that it doesn't like Florida and heads back out the other way. It sounds like it's gonna be bad Hopefully people are wrong and it's not as devastating as they're saying it's gonna be.

I'll try to be back later tonight but I'm pretty tired so I might not post until early morning. If I don't see you tonight have a good night!
Old 09-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex am the one bailing for PB watch - never felt like I woke up and so exhausted

Yes Mark me be missing you up on Prison Break but Board ain't going anywhere and come back when you can

ETA hot shower helped but still too exhausted - going to try to push until 10pm or 11pm but way too tired for a watch

Last edited by crash landing; 09-07-2017 at 03:07 PM
Old 09-07-2017, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Damn, are we all exhausted this week or what?

It's okay, Sarah. I saw your post about the watch being tomorrow. It's a bit late for me, but I'll be there.

Whoa, you passed out, Mark? That's a bit too much. I hope it's not your illness. Still no test results yet?

I'm doing watches on the Prison Break board, Mark. Sarah mods there. What sites away from do you go to?

Well, Hurricane Irma hit Puerto Rico and devastated it. Now it's on its way to Haiti, the Dominican Republic, and Cuba. Although, Cuba I'm not to concerned about.

No one knows if Florida or the Carolinas are in danger yet. I'm hoping for the best, though. They're evacuating Florida for the moment.

Okay, have a good night and get plenty of sleep, Mark! See you soon!