Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

Detroit and Minnesota! Detroit has been good for so long that our state has been spoiled and now that they're bad it's gonna be dark days Minnesota keep getting better so that'll take the sting off.

I want to live somewhere else too because of the weather and I want to live somewhere its always warm problem is that those states get pretty dang hot, too.

Thanks! I'll probably purposely drive my doctor insane so he'll switch something
Old 08-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, no wonder you're into Hockey. You're from the upper Midwest.

Yeah, it's gotta be cold up there during the winter. It gets cold here too, but I guess not as cold as you get.

I think I've told you that my dream place to live would either be San Diego or Santa Barbara, California, or Florida or South Carolina.

Well, don't be too hard on your doctor. But you try and get him to get you something that'll work better. It sucks to be in pain all the time.

And I have to go to bed soon, Mark. I work tomorrow.

I can't wait for my vacation next week. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay? Take care and have a good night!
Old 08-11-2017, 06:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

I most certainly am Hockey and internet is basically all there is to do for about 4 months

It's different from year to year, last year wasn't that bad but the year record wise it was the worst it's ever been in Michigan

I wont I definitely don't want to scare him off. I think I'm good pain med wise but sleeping meds are a different story

Have a good night!
Old 08-12-2017, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love hockey too, I just hate winter. If they played Hockey during summer it would be perfect. It's not like they need cold weather. The Stanley Cup playoffs are in Spring and Summer.

Yeah, especially with those Great Lakes all around you it's gotta be cold. We had really bad winters here in PA back in the 90's, but aside from a few bad snowstorms it hasn't been that bad the last few years. One year we hardly got any snow.

Well I'm glad you got your pain meds at least. But do you think your doctor can recommend something to help you sleep? You don't wanna combine too many different meds, though.

I had a good night's sleep, thanks. Four more days until my vacation!
Old 08-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Moderator Support Team
Angel Bo$$

Ice hockey. Great sport but pretty brutal to watch They are fearless playing that sort

Nooo, don't combine too many meds, that's the worst thing you can do. I always find a good beer or reading is good to help with sleep.

Hope you are having a good wkend
Old 08-12-2017, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Vicky! Am I spelling your name right?

Yeah, Ice Hockey is rough, but fast. I'm just glad they wear helmets and mouthpieces now so they don't get their teeth knocked out.

Beer is good for sleeping. I also like some wine. Good for antioxidants.

Well, I'm working this weekend, but I'm on vacation starting Thursday, so I'll have time to rest then.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Moderator Support Team
Angel Bo$$

It's with an 'i' on the end

Yes, they need all that protective gear. scary! You guys think the same about my national sport Rugby. It's just as brutal, if not more so.
Which wine do you drink?
Old 08-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

Rugby definitely is brutal it makes some American sports look soft

NHL players and everyone else would be stupid not to wear all that gear heck even because they still lose teeth, get concussions and break bones

I had a couple shots of Whiskey and am half out of it
Old 08-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Moderator Support Team
Angel Bo$$

It's a good thing a very strong girl is here to catch you if you drunkenly faint I have no whiskey to give to you though lol.. I have a couple bottles of Budweiser
Are you ok though?
Old 08-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire (View Post)
It's with an 'i' on the end

Yes, they need all that protective gear. scary! You guys think the same about my national sport Rugby. It's just as brutal, if not more so.
Which wine do you drink?
Thanks, Vicki.

I prefer red wine. And Rugby is the national sport of Scotland? Not football? European football, I mean.

Hi, Mark! Yeah, Rugby is brutal. That's why in the USA they changed the rules of Rugby to make it safer, adding padding and protective gear, helmets, and finally adding punting, kicking field goals, and a forward pass, which is how we eventually got NFL Football.

Yeah, but I hear that NHL players lost teeth less often these days because of all the protective gear. More and more players have all their teeth lately.

Wow, are you out drinking, Mark? Take it easy, okay? But at least this might help you sleep.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Moderator Support Team
Angel Bo$$

Red wine is delicious.

Rugby originated from England in the early 19th century. Then it spread from the Home Nations (which are england, scotland, wales, northern ireland) to other countries that play Rugby now
European football is popular here, in scotland and england mostly.

The rugby players don't wear any protective padding, only mouth guards I believe.
I think they have some guts going out there facing a sport like that.
I have 9 years of tae kwon do experience so the pain is very real to me. It's the adrenaline and the endurance that is epic. I commend anyone that has the ability.
Are you quite sporty/athletic?
Old 08-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, I love red wine. White wine is good too, but red is my favorite.

Yes, I know all about Rugby. Whenever I have to explain American NFL Football to Europeans or Australians I have to go through the long history of how Rugby came to the USA and went through a lot of alterations before it became our version of football. I had to look a lot of it up on Wikipedia. I just figured the Celtic countries were more into football.

Oh, you took Taekwondo, Vicki? Awesome! I studied Karate and Judo. I was athletic, but I never have time to do anything anymore because of my job and my work hours. I miss doing physical exercise.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

I didn't know much about rugby until just now. You learn something every day!

I took karate..when I was like 6? )

If I had to defend myself now it'd definitely be street fighting using whatever you can find around to to defend yourself

Oh yay, someone broke into my apartment complex so I get to spend the next day cleaning
Old 08-12-2017, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh crap, I'm sorry, Mark. I hope nothing of yours was stolen or damaged.

Yeah, I just looked up stuff about Rugby on Google.

Oh, did you like Karate when you took it, Mark? What style did you take? Shotokan? Goju ryu? Kenpo Karate? Shorin ryu? There are so many styles it would take a long time for me to name them all.

I have to go to bed now, so I'll talk to you tomorrow, Mark! Have a good night and sleep well!
Old 08-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Moderator of ...
How I Met Your Mother

Well, nothing was taken but a little damaged. It's a subsidized housing apartment and other people had it happen too.

I was reaally young when I took it so it had to be the most basic level

Have a good night