Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

MacLaren's pub OT #54: Our newest mod is practicing!

W E L C O M E T O T H E 54TH T H R E A D
Off Topic
L E T' S D I S C U S S W H A T E V E R
theregulars
001. PhoenixRising
002. Mysteria
003. Vacatia
004. Lucresiare
005. Ropetuned
offtopicdiscussion

Last edited by Ropetuned; 08-05-2017 at 05:19 PM
Old 08-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awesome, Mark! Thanks for the new thread!

But make sure you change the 53RD in the OP to a 54TH.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Done

Is it pretty much the same thing for the character/ship threads?
Old 08-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Pretty much, depending on whether or not they post links to previous threads on their OP's. Then you have to use some finesse to add a link to the thread you're closing to the OP of the new thread.

Now, post the link to this new thread on the intro thread. If you want, I can also add the link to this thread to the OP of the intro thread where we have the directory, or if you wanna try that.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

There! I think that worked.

You can add it to the directory, if you want. I'm not sure it matters but it's up to you
Old 08-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, I'll do that. You've done an awesome job so far, Mark. You'll get the hang of this in no time.

The directory links are just an easier way for posters to find the threads they want to post on. It's just a good housekeeping practice to update them.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, that makes sense. It's a lot easier than I thought I've done things of this sort (sort've) but every message board site is different depending on which server the site uses.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, really? That's good then. This shouldn't be all that different. FF just may use different functions than you might've been used to. I'll show you how to update OP links, which isn't that difficult. I'll probably do that on my vacation that's coming up in 12 days. I'll have lots of time to laze around and give you some practice doing other mod stuff.

I'm gonna go to bed soon, Mark. I have work tomorrow. I'll talk to you later, okay? You did a great job, today! Have a good night and I'll see you tomorrow!
Old 08-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

That's cool You get another vacation and just chill at home, lucky! It'll be nice to learn more tuff.

Have a good night! Talk to you later Thanks, I try!
Old 08-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Mark! I had a decent night's sleep.

Yep, a week where I don't have to make travel plans or buy tickets, just stay at home and sleep. And I can help you out more with your mod practice here.

Been storming like crazy this week. Goes from rain and thunder to hot and sunny.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah a vacation here and there helps tremendously sometimes even more the ones where you can be lazy and go nowhere, I love those vacations! I'm getting the hang of making threads and linking them in the old ones so that's good Next should be post counts!

Congrats on your new board, btw

Yeah it's been storming on and off here for the last few days and is supposed to rain again.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Mark! I'm gonna try not to spread myself out too thin. I think three boards is all I'm gonna mod.

Oh, I can't wait to just sleep during my vacation. Nine days now.

I'm glad you're getting the hang of making threads. The more you do them the more confident you'll be and the better you'll get at it. It just takes practice. I'll help you with the post count thread so you can do it yourself soon.

Yep, got caught in the rain today. It wasn't raining this morning when I went into work, so I didn't take my umbrella, but when I went home from work it was raining hard and I had to walk home in that mess. Figures.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

) Yeah, I can't imagine doing 3 boards. Heck, even 2 would be more than enough for me. At least you have time to recover for a week + now and just do nothing

I appreciate it Creating new threads and transitioning the OP stuff over to the new thread just gets weird because new threads aren't made until 300 posts which isn't very often around here

When it comes to storms seems like people always have the worst luck It was nice out today and supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow :sunny:
Old 08-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I still can't believe I'm modding three boards. I never thought I'd mod one. But with all three boards, I took the mod position because I wanted to save the board from being closed, so I had little choice. And yeah, I can't wait to have another week of rest. I'll also be able to stay up later when you're on.

No problem. I'm happy to help you get the hang of it. If you go a little over 300 posts it's no big deal. Typically we just get ready when we get close to 295 posts, and then someone makes a new thread but holds off on launching it. We just post a couple of more times on the current thread until we get to 300, and then launch the new thread. That's why I have two windows open at the same time when I make a new thread.

Yeah, tomorrow it's gonna be hot again. The constant rain and heat just make things so humid.

I'm gonna go to bed and I'll see you tomorrow, Mark. I'm off on Thursday and Friday, so I can stay up later Wednesday night and Thursday night. See you tomorrow!
Old 08-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Have a good night