Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2016, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

And don't be upset with all of MST please. I really think it was just an oversight. Is your co-mod away too? I felt this wouldn't have been an issue if she had posted to get some help. Like you did today. Of course not saying MST managers are not at fault for not paying closer attention to who is away, but there could have also been other actions taken you know? This board will be fine, with all of us posting here now. And more will come now you have posted needing help.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She was. The books are terribly written but the plot points are far more solid. The show could have been perfect if they had just followed the plot points, but instead they've made an offensive mess that's insulting to the characters and the audience. The showrunner literally said that anyone calling calling them out on their transphobic writing is themselves transphobic, which makes no sense, but okay...

Troian deserves so much better and it makes me sad that this show takes up so much of her time because she's already doing projects that are so much better when she's not filming the show.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-16-2016, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
And don't be upset with all of MST please. I really think it was just an oversight. Is your co-mod away too? I felt this wouldn't have been an issue if she had posted to get some help. Like you did today. Of course not saying MST managers are not at fault for not paying closer attention to who is away, but there could have also been other actions taken you know? This board will be fine, with all of us posting here now. And more will come now you have posted needing help.
No, Crystal was here earlier today. But she was the last one to post on all of the threads and no one posted after her for 48 hours. And I'm trying not to be too upset with MST, but if a temp mod had just posted once on each of the threads after Crystal then we wouldn't have gone 48 hours without a post, because I would've been back on time to post more. And I also had another temp mod for my other board, and she's been filling in just fine, so I don't know why things got screwed up on this board.

Oh, the transphobic thing? Don't get me started. I don't know why it was even necessary to put that plotline in there. It would've been easier to just do the twin thing from the books instead. And I'm worried that Spencer/Toby won't be endgame either.

Well, I have to go get ready for work, but thanks so much for helping out with the posting today! It's a shame we didn't get our 150k celebration on time, but I hope Crystal launches the thread when she gets back. Thanks again, so much!
Old 07-16-2016, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it seems like it was just a matter of Holly being away and no replacement MST was assigned. If one had been assigned, I don't think it would have been an issue.

Okay Alex, have a good day at work!
Old 07-16-2016, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It really annoys me still. She can deny it was transphobic all she wants, but it was, and there was no good reason to go there. And she then kills said transgender character at the first opportunity, which means she had no intention of further exploring her. The twin thing would have been better, it would have been more in character with the actual Alison as opposed to the pod person they've turned her into, and it would have worked.

Spencer/Toby was always my OTP, for the show, and at one point all time. I've reached a point now where I just genuinely don't care. The writing is so bad that it's difficult to care. The show's social media accounts are pretty much hero worshipping a character who since the time jump has been openly using people's mental health conditions to bully them while treating everyone around him like ****. It's like there's a new low every day and at this point I'm just counting down until it's over, and the sad thing is most of the fandom feel the same.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-17-2016, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
Yeah, it seems like it was just a matter of Holly being away and no replacement MST was assigned. If one had been assigned, I don't think it would have been an issue.
Well if that's the case we shouldn't have been punished, since I finally forced a double post just to post but unfortunately at 49 hours after the last one. I messaged Jerry and told him all the times I came on to nothing, because I came on twice Friday to nothing and then finally Saturday I double posted just to post. I just wish I double posted sooner because now nothing can wrong on this board for 6 months because of something that wasn't even our fault. That is not right and not fair. So god forbid something actually does happen or comes up and one of us can't be here we'll be screwed. I'm thoroughly annoyed right now.

Alex I hope you had a good vacation.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 07-17-2016, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It wasn't a great situation.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-17-2016, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope everything is fixed by now.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, I've told Arinna all the same stuff about PLL, Leigh. I really don't know why shows deviate from the source material so much when it doesn't even improve on the story. I just think PLL really blew it, but I'm still watching because I love Aria and Ezra. Spencer and Toby disappointed me, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria (View Post)
Well if that's the case we shouldn't have been punished, since I finally forced a double post just to post but unfortunately at 49 hours after the last one. I messaged Jerry and told him all the times I came on to nothing, because I came on twice Friday to nothing and then finally Saturday I double posted just to post. I just wish I double posted sooner because now nothing can wrong on this board for 6 months because of something that wasn't even our fault. That is not right and not fair. So god forbid something actually does happen or comes up and one of us can't be here we'll be screwed. I'm thoroughly annoyed right now.

Believe me, I've been sending angry PM's all over the place on FF, Crystal. What's even worse is when some people try to lay the responsibility on us, saying that it's still the posters responsibility to post and maintain activity. That really made me angry because this was MST's fault, not ours.

It is, Arinna. Thanks for helping us out!
Old 07-17-2016, 02:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria (View Post)

That's not true. The warning was rescinded, so in the system this never occured. You're not on the LPC list as Jerry removed you from it, just like he deleted the 48 hours warning thread on this board. That being said, every board should always be careful with their post count, and if you do find yourself having a slow week or month, there are plenty of ways you can ask for support and help with it.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy your board is off the low post count thread, next time just send pm to friends (me) and others if you need help. It's always best to ask.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Enough about this. I don't want this discussed on this thread anymore. The warning was rescinded and this issue is closed.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-17-2016, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Hello
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 07-17-2016, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hello! Welcome to our board! Thanks for helping us out until I get my PC fixed!
Old 07-18-2016, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

No problem, happy to help out
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Closed Thread   Post New Thread