Cookie dough is so comforting to eat.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

I love cookie dough, tis my favorite.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 03-27-2015, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I've never eaten that before. I just prefer cookies, usually.

Anyone doing anything for Easter?
Old 03-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Master Fan

I'll will visit Windsor Castle on the Saturday but apart from that nothing special. What will you do ?

I answer to your post from TPBM about The Walkind Dead here because it is more an OT topic and maybe other people will be interested to participate in the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I liked Rick/Andrea from the comics, but Glenn Mazzara messed that up. Yeah, it might be a little rushed because I didn't really see Rick going after a married woman like that, especially not after what happened with Shane and Lori. But I do like the idea of Jess with him.

And yes, he is starting to become disturbingly similar to Shane, which he vowed not to do. Rick once said, "I won't be your Governor," which I hope he remembers. You're right, what he said made total sense, but he's lost his tact because he's still in combat mode. He needs to get back to season one Rick. But Deanna and those Alexandria people are clueless. Stupid seems to be almost as bad as tyrannical(Woodbury) and cannibalistic(Terminus).
I agree with you, except when you say Rick needs to get back to season 1 Rick. It is unrealistic after all he has been through, and it would be boring to watch. I find present Rick really interesting. If he was just a 'hero', a good guy who is always right, it would just be another mainstream show where there is the 'good' vs the 'villains'.

Last edited by Lucresiare; 03-27-2015 at 03:58 PM
Old 03-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know yet, but I might just go see a movie and perhaps go to an Easter service in the morning.

No, I don't want Rick to go completely back to his season one persona, but I do think he needs to remember the way he used to keep his head back then. He was the voice of reason and always thinking ahead, while Shane was always reacting to everything all the time which was only going to get them all killed. I like that Rick has a much sharper edge now, but he's becoming unfocused which isn't good. He needs to remember that cool, calculating side of himself that he used to have because that's what kept them all alive in the beginning.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Rick has lost his mind after Lori's death, do you remember when he believed he received phone calls?
This cool and calculating Rick, I don't find it so interesting after a while. I want to explore crazy Rick and see how far he can go.
And it is good to see that Rick's group aren't always the 'good' ones, but can be 'villains' too : talking about taking Alexandria place, it is what the Governor would have done...
Old 03-27-2015, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, I remember. But I also remember Rick's "too far gone" speech to the Governor just before the final battle at the prison, about how it's not too late to still be what we once were. I think Herschel was trying to save Rick's soul and prevent him from becoming like Shane or the Governor. It would be a shame if that all came undone.

I don't mind the darker Rick, but I don't want him to get himself killed, either. If he wanted to take over Alexandria he needed to be less obvious about it. A more subtle approach would be needed because at this rate he's just gonna get himself exiled. And with Judith and Carl still needing him that's not good, and Deanna is an idiot. He can do this in a way that's better and less sadistic than the Governor.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yes, I remember. But I also remember Rick's "too far gone" speech to the Governor just before the final battle at the prison, about how it's not too late to still be what we once were. I think Herschel was trying to save Rick's soul and prevent him from becoming like Shane or the Governor. It would be a shame if that all came undone.

I don't mind the darker Rick, but I don't want him to get himself killed, either. If he wanted to take over Alexandria he needed to be less obvious about it. A more subtle approach would be needed because at this rate he's just gonna get himself exiled. And with Judith and Carl still needing him that's not good, and Deanna is an idiot. He can do this in a way that's better and less sadistic than the Governor.
So you find ok to take someone's place ? There is no better or less sadistic way IMO
Instead of wanting to take the place, he should try to be an ally and help Deanna and the whole Alexandria place to become stronger (with stronger walls etc...). It is what he would do if he was a 'good' guy...but it would be boring to watch, don't you think ?
So now, mad Rick, creepy Carol and distraught Daryl are going to try to take this place (how, I don't know) and it is going much more interesting and keep us on the edge.
I don't believe they will kill Rick now because he's too central, but I don't mind if they kill him at the very end of the show.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I think Rick could figure out a way to do it without killing anyone. He's always been much more clever than Shane or the Governor. He could bide his time and then pull a coup or something. But his emotions got the better of him. I did find it a bit hard to believe that Jess' doctor husband was able to last as long as he did against Rick, who is so battle-tested he should've been able to put down the doctor very quickly.

Robert Kirkman is still writing the comics, and I don't know how he's going to end it, but it may not end with Rick's death. I really wish the show hadn't killed off Andrea, though, because she's such a big part of Rick's storyline in the comics and their relationship adds a lot to his character.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

Isn't Michonne in the show the equivalent of Andrea in the comics ?
I didn't know he was still writing these books. How many are they ? I went to my local book shop to buy them but was discouraged when I see there was a lot. I bought the first issue only and that alone cost me £10 so I don't think I am going to read all of them at this price

I am going to go to sleep :Alex: Good night
Old 03-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No, because Michonne is in the comics as well. She and Andrea are both there. Andrea went from being a weak character to the group's sharpshooter. She was the one shooting at the Governor's soldiers during the assault on the prison and she succeeded in driving them away, forcing the Governor to bring in the tank. And now Andrea is Rick's girlfriend and right hand. Daryl is the one who doesn't exist in the comics, actually. And the comics are now up to 139 issues, so the TV show isn't even halfway through the story.

Okay, good night, Barbara! I'll see you tomorrow, and I hope we have the watch then! Sleep well and sweet dreams!
Old 03-28-2015, 12:03 AM
Elite Fan

Nada, it's not one of those holidays I do anything for, if my sister decides to dye eggs with the baby I'll probably help but that's about it.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 03-29-2015, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, like a lot of holidays, Easter was always better when I was a kid. They all seem more fun then.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

The only useful thing to me about this holiday right now, all the fish realted stuff is on sale in the grocery stores. I love fish and shrimp.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 03-30-2015, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love fish and shrimp as well! But I also love all the candy eggs and chocolate Easter bunnies.