Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

MacLaren's Pub (OT) #43: Because we are caught up in our conversations that we don't even notice it's new thread time.

Continue....
Old 05-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Holy crap... guess we didn't

I hate holiday weekends, people are crazy.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 05-26-2014, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hate it when people procrastinate on the shopping. The weekend was very wild and busy for me.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Mary! Hi, Crystal!

I'm busy searching for a new job. Meanwhile, I'm probably going to see the new X-Men: Days Of Future Past movie since I have a free pass from AMC theaters.

How is everyone? And why am I the last one to post on the Ted/Robin thread?
Old 05-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've been so busy and have been distracted by a guy. I have two jobs, and the guy is interested in me as well.

I don't know why you were the last one who posted there. Maybe I thought I posted there or was thinking of an answer

What kind of job?
Old 05-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Work has been crazy. I did like 60 this past week. I'm tired. Lol.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 05-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm looking into working for a bank, hopefully. And I used to work two jobs as well, so I understand.

A guy, Mary? Interesting.

I can never seem to get enough sleep, Crystal.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Turned out it was only 52. My weeks end on Wednesdays. But after driving time it's 60. I need a vacation. So much drama at work it sucks.

We had to cancel the vacation we had planned thanks to all the money spent on the car.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 05-28-2014, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I'm looking into working for a bank, hopefully. And I used to work two jobs as well, so I understand.

A guy, Mary? Interesting.

I can never seem to get enough sleep, Crystal.
Yes, a guy, but I am having a problem with his views on alcohol and tobacco. Do you or Crystal think that's ok?
Old 05-29-2014, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's always a hard call to make. Depending on how much a guy drank I could deal with that, but I couldn't do tobacco. I know plenty of "good guys" use it but I think it's disgusting. Not an insult to a tobacco user's character, I just don't like the habit.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amethyst* (View Post)
Yes, a guy, but I am having a problem with his views on alcohol and tobacco. Do you or Crystal think that's ok?
I quit smoking a long time ago, and I don't really drink. What are his views, Mary? I'm the kind of guy who doesn't mind having a cocktail, a beer, or a glass of wine or champagne on social occasions, but I'm not a regular drinker. I don't keep alcohol in my home at all, and I'll only have some on a holiday or a special social gathering. I think having a scotch, rum, bourbon, gin, tequila, or vodka cocktail, or a glass of wine or beer with a special dinner every once in a while is okay. I'm against heavy alcohol drinking, and definitely against tobacco and smoking. I'm glad I gave that up. Does this guy you're interested in smoke a lot, or drink regularly?
Old 05-29-2014, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

What do mean? Like he's against it or he likes it? In the end it's really whatever your comfortable with. As long as your not being forced to do anything you don't wanna do.

I don't smoke but I drink fairly often, my boyfriends the same way.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 05-29-2014, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

He seems to like it while I'm against it.

He sent me some sort of message at 3AM stating how much he cares about me. That he admires and finds my sobriety attractive. He stated of how he was bullied into doing drugs at one time in life. His parents occasionally drank in front of him and his sibling. He grew up in a place where people were a bad influence on him. He had depression and chose to get drunk while he was down in the dumps. Apparently, he felt the need to go out to buy a pack of cigarettes. He says he is trying to get better, but still wants to drink on celebrations. I replied to him twice, and still haven't got an answer.

I'm the type of person who doesn't want to follow my biological mother's footsteps. I follow those motivational pamphlets and books from the school libraries on these types of things. My mom who raised me, taught me not to do those things. My father, who rarely drinks, encourages me to follow what she says.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

Drinking for special occasions is totally normal. It sounds like from what your saying he may have had a problem or was headed towards one and your actually being a positive influence on him. So in the end this one probably comes down to if your comfortable with it.

Like I said I don't smoke but I have friends who do and have dates guys that do. My thing is long as I'm not dragged into stuff I don't want to do in fine with it. It all comes down to personal preference and comfort.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 05-30-2014, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with Crystal, Mary. If it's on special occasions, there's nothing wrong with a drink or a cocktail every once in a while. I know what it feels like to be bullied and have peer pressure put on you. I think if he's willing to grow and change he can stop smoking like I did. I also know what it's like to go through depression, and it makes it easy to fall into vices and bad habits. If he's got a problem with alcoholism, then that's something else. I think you should keep communicating with him to see how he feels about quitting smoking and maybe going easy on the drinking. That's really the only way to really get to know a person, to keep communicating with them.