Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2020, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sophia has a podcast, Katie? I thought she was on Chicago Fire or one of those shows?

I hope you had a good weekend, Katie.

My poor thread is dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Very true

Okay At least you only play them once, lol

Fair enough
Hi, Sam! I hope you had a good weekend. I hope everything is okay over there. I'm glad the rains helped with the fire, but I hope the flooding isn't too bad.

Yeah, I guess now we have to stop picking on Andy Reid.

Once is good. It's good we don't have to play them often. The last time the Eagles played the Steelers, Wentz lit them up.

Thanks. I'm always terrible with the stuff under people's avatars.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She left Chicago PD like 3 years ago Alex

I hope not either

We do At least for the moment

Yes he did

I can see that now, haha
Old 02-09-2020, 09:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

my weekend was pretty good. did some shopping and also worked.

I'm sorry. I wish someone would post in it too. I'll try a little more.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't want to post in your thread Alex, sorry
Old 02-10-2020, 01:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Well, he posts in ours so I figure I can return the favor once in awhile.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's fair

But I think he likes BR more than we like TR though
Old 02-10-2020, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Katie. I appreciate it.

Yeah, I know you don't, Sam.

I post in yours because this is my board and I gotta keep the posts going.

OMG, the Oscars were a total bust. Lowest rated in history. I guess Ricky Gervais did his job sabotaging it.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Oscars suck so much
Old 02-10-2020, 10:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

you're welcome!

thanks Alex but it's still true what Sam said. the only time I've posted in threads for ships I didn't like was when I was mod for Emma Watson but that was Harry/Hermione and Draco/Hermione and I do love H/Hr's friendship and D/Hr in an alternate universe isn't too bad. but we do appreciate you posting there!

I watched a bit of the Oscars, they were okay but boring.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't do it for the OTH and Sophia boards, lol
Old 02-11-2020, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's okay, Katie. At least we support each other's threads.

Thanks, Sam. And I agree, the Oscars suck.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

how has the week been for you guys?
Old 02-12-2020, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, this week was a bit easier, Katie. The holiday madness is over, and the place is finally under control. I hope this week was good for you.

And I'm off tomorrow and Friday.

Oh, and we need a new thread title. Any ideas?
Old 02-13-2020, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
That's okay, Katie. At least we support each other's threads.

Thanks, Sam. And I agree, the Oscars suck.
No problem

They have always sucked too, lol
Old 02-13-2020, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
No problem

They have always sucked too, lol
Well, not always. I remember the Oscars being really nice when I was growing up. It was cool in the 1970s and 80s, and into the 1990s. I first started watching the Oscars in April of 1978 when I was seven years old(I turned eight in June). It was the 50th Annual Academy Awards, so it was a pretty big deal. Star Wars got nominated for Best Picture of 1977, but lost to Annie Hall. John Williams did win Best Original Score for Star Wars, and well deserved.

Back then the Oscars were just about fun. Not a lot of political speeches. The most infamous acceptance speech was when Sally Field won Best Actress for Places In The Heart(her second after winning for Norma Rae in 1979) at the 57th Academy Awards in 1985, when she said, "I haven't had an orthodox career... and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it... and I can't deny the fact that you like me! Right now... you like me!"

I know what you're gonna say. Everyone remembered that line wrong. People think she said, "You like me! You really like me!" Nope, that's not what she said. She said, "Right now... you like me!" And no, it's not the Mandela Effect. People misremembered her words because they made no sense. It's kind of like when spelling auto-correct tries to correct your typing. People's memories kind of self-edited because no one really understood what she meant, or her words just seemed too weird. "Right now?" Okay, so we didn't like you before, when you won Best Actress for Norma Rae? We didn't like you when you were riding in a black Trans Am with Burt Reynolds in the megahit Smokey And The Bandit? We didn't like you back when you were America's Sweetheart on TV shows like Gidget and The Flying Nun? But "right now" we like you? I think it had more to do with her thinking the snobs in the Academy didn't respect her because she did a lot of stuff early on that they may have thought was bubblegum, but really... who cares?

I do remember the worst Oscar ceremony. March 1989, the 61st Academy Awards. They had Rob Lowe do that horrible opening performance with an actress playing Snow White, and they sang "Proud Mary." OMG, that was painful. I felt sorry for the poor actress because it ruined her career while Lowe walked away unscathed.

I miss when Billy Crystal hosted the Oscars. He was the best host they ever had, and the Oscars were really great with him doing the opening monologues. It continued right up until the 70th Academy Awards in 1998 when Titanic won, and that was and still remains the highest rated Oscar ceremony in history. It was pretty much downhill after that. Now no one bothers to watch anymore. The films are sub-par and forgettable, and the presenters and winners just make a lot of annoying political speeches that no one cares about. Hollywood's become an ideological cult these days.