Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2019, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

MacLaren's Pub [ Off Topic ] #74: Because we love hibernating during Autumn while watching football and our TV shows.

MacLaren's Pub
Off Topic #74

source

source
Old 09-16-2019, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry about Ben Roethlisberger, Sam. He's out for the season with an elbow injury. Damn, this weekend was a bad weekend for a lot of teams. Drew Brees is out for 6 weeks with a torn ligament in his thumb, and half of the Eagles offense got injured in that damn Falcons game. I blame Friday the 13th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarkles (View Post)
Brooklyn Nine Nine, it's a comedy cop show, I think.

yea, a lot of shows just don't interest me now, it sucks. I don't mind the streaming but the reboots and remakes are getting a little old, I want newer stuff!

modern family and criminal minds are on their last seasons and it makes me sad.
Oh, I've heard of that show. I've never watched it, though.

Yes, I agree. I don't like streaming because it's like watching a DVD of a show.

I am looking forward to American Horror Story: 1984 and the next seasons of Mom and This Is Us.

But damn, I miss 90s TV like Friends, Seinfeld, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and The X-Files, or 80s TV like Cheers, Moonlighting, and Miami Vice. Where has all the great TV gone?

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 09-16-2019 at 04:07 PM
Old 09-17-2019, 12:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

it looks pretty good, might watch it soon.

I should watch AHS, it does look good.

I don't know, all the good writers left I guess!
Old 09-17-2019, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope you do watch AHS, Katie. Last season was the first season I watched since Freak Show, and the show is back to its former greatness. I missed Emma Roberts' character, Madison Montgomery, and the rest of the Coven. I also missed the ghosts of the Harmon Family and Tate Langdon in the Murder House.

Yeah, I think that the newer writers today just aren't as deep with talent as in years past. It's a shame because I really love good storytelling.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

I watched the first season, I just keep having a hard time finishing the second season. maybe I should just skip to the third.

seems like it, I do too and the casts chemistry is always good too. I love having couples to ship but when the storyline is good, I don't always need it ya know.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks Alex

Certainly didn't see that coming
Old 09-18-2019, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I'm really sorry, Sam. I know you were looking forward to this season for the Steelers.

Man, quarterbacks are going down all over the place. Did you hear the Giants benched Eli Manning and are going with the rookie, Daniel Jones? Talk about harsh. Their two time Super Bowl champ just got the bench. And Cam Newton may also be out for a while with injuries. The Panthers need a new QB now. Man, what the hell is going on with this season of the NFL? It's the 100th anniversary, but it's just been bad luck with all these injuries.

Quote:
I watched the first season, I just keep having a hard time finishing the second season. maybe I should just skip to the third.

seems like it, I do too and the casts chemistry is always good too. I love having couples to ship but when the storyline is good, I don't always need it ya know.
The second season? You mean Asylum? Yeah, that is a tough one to get through. Coven was my favorite, so maybe you'll like that one more. The witches were always my favorite. Of course, I fantasize about witches, so that also has something to do with it.

Well, I think it requires both, to be honest. Sure, actors with great chemistry can go a long way, but I also like to have the great storytelling and writing. That's why I shipped Mulder and Scully so hard on The X-Files, and later Chandler and Monica on Friends. Man, those were good times.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

that one, yes. I don't why it's so hard. I probably would, I might try that one.

oh, yea I do agree with that. I watched x-files a bit but never shipped on it. ah, Chandler and Monica were definitely really good at everything.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
that one, yes. I don't why it's so hard. I probably would, I might try that one.

oh, yea I do agree with that. I watched x-files a bit but never shipped on it. ah, Chandler and Monica were definitely really good at everything.
Well, the reason Asylum is so difficult is because they threw so much crap into one season. Serial killers, alien abductions, demonically possessed nuns, mad Nazi scientists, mutant cannibals, the Angel of Death, and a musical number set to 'The Name Game.' There was enough material there for three seasons. But yeah, I recommend, Coven.

I loved The X-Files. And I really loved Mulder and Scully. Oh, and I was also a Brandon/Kelly shipper for Beverly Hills 90210. But yeah, even the creators of Friends admitted that Chandler and Monica extended the show's life for at least another three seasons.

I'm also not feeling that well today. I think I have a cold.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 09-19-2019 at 05:20 PM
Old 09-20-2019, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I just hope that Mason is up to the task

Eli has been needed to benched for a while, so it's I'm not surprised it happened.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I just hope that Mason is up to the task

Eli has been needed to benched for a while, so it's I'm not surprised it happened.
We'll see. I hope he does well for you. Stephen A. is pissed, as usual.

Yeah, but two weeks into the season? This is the second year in a row he's been benched during the season. Not the best way to treat your two time Super Bowl winning QB. I'm guessing they needed to test out their new offensive line before sending Daniel Jones in, but still...
Old 09-20-2019, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Of course he is

Eh, they have already stuck with him too long imo
Old 09-21-2019, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Sam!

Yeah, I can't believe we're only in week 3 and there's so many injuries. At least the Eagles are gonna get their guys back by week 5, but we've gotta get past the Lions and the Packers before then.

I'm really hoping your Steelers can pull something off. Do you think Ben Roethlisberger is nearing his end with Pittsburgh as well? I think Cam Newton may also be done in Carolina.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sure you will beat those teams

Think Ben will come back though, not sure how long for though.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Sam.

I hope we do. I thought the first half of the schedule was gonna be easier, but since that Falcons game I have my doubts. Especially considering how well the Packers are doing.

Well, Ben is out for the season, so I'm not sure the Steelers are going to be able to make the playoffs this season. I'm really sorry, Sam.