Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

MacLaren's Pub [ Off Topic ] #73: Because we're gonna enjoy a fun summer filled with great conversations!

MacLaren's Pub
Off Topic #73

source

source

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 09-16-2019 at 03:40 PM
Old 06-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Mary....that sounds good

Alex... try to do at least one fun thing on your vacation - not related to FF

Sam -- hope you are having a good weekend so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ (View Post)
Well today I had trouble with my Door Dash app. After I did a delivery that was closer to where I lived, I had to travel to a further location to do a delivery (my mistake). On the way there I have had two slow downs due to rubbernecking. Apparently while I was on the freeway, the customer texted me unbeknown to me at the time. When I got to the restaurant, I've read the customer's text only to find out that she was expecting the order earlier than the expected time the app told me, she couldn't edit the time she wanted it to be delivered. I have explained to her what was going on with me. She thanked me for the update, so I continued on with the task. The problem was after I delivered it to her. When I tried to give the app the signal that I did the delivery, it wouldn't let me. I went back to the customer's location to ask what happened to her. Considering that she was unable to edit her time and couldn't get ahold of me while I was on the road, she said that she didn't get the delivery. She had to deal with them for an hour and a half, so she didn't want to work with me on it. So after that I had to go park somewhere to get in contact with customer support only to sit there for almost an hour with no answer. They didn't help me much over e-mail. When I got back on that app, it appeared to have gone through up until when I got a delivery assignment, it wouldn't let me take the delivery. When I've got to that point I've decided to end my dash. Even when I was signed off for the day, I was still receiving order assignments. It was a 2pm-10pm shift, but to only make $30.00(hopefully). I have made more money doing less hours than that.

Yes, I did come on to check some things while I was waiting for a dead end answer. I was disappointed when I didn't get PM replies.

To make matters worse(or better either which way) I decided to go to a Dairy Queen to get a large Oreo cookie blizzard with extra Oreos, and to get the sweet&spicy chicken strip basket for my partner. Apparently they thought I said a Royal Oreo blizzard with extra Oreos, so when I talked to them about it, they couldn't take it back, so they made one for free. After we've got everything, I decided to park. When we were parked, my boyfriend was without fry sauce for his fries that was replaced with extra ranch with his wings that was lukewarm, with cold fries. I ended up eating both blizzards even though the Royal blizzard wasn't ideal. The other blizzard wasn't blended all the way and looked like there wasn't much of the extra Oreos that I've been craving lately.

I am hoping the app approves by tomorrow.
Thanks, Dave. I will try.

I'm sorry, Mary. I was very busy on my other boards and I forgot to reply to your PM. I'm modding four boards and posting on several others while also talking to my gf, so it can get distracting.

I'm sorry that app messed you up. I don't know much about those apps, unfortunately. A delivery job does sound nice, though. I hope you can get that app and you can make more money, eventually.

I haven't gone to Dairy Queen in a long time, but that sounded like someone really screwed up your order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
I had a chance to go to DQ...but wasn't in the mood for a Blizzard at 10 AM in the morning really
Neither would I, Dave. I can't do ice cream that early in the morning.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

it's been getting warmer lately, I really love it!
Old 06-10-2019, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's great

Thanks for the new thread
Old 06-10-2019, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

what's new Sam

that's great Kate... clear this morning here...rain the rest of the day...

Alex...did it rain today where you are

Mary...how was your weekend
Old 06-10-2019, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Katie! Hi, Sam! Hi, Dave!

I just took the weekly post count. We went up!

You're welcome.

I'm glad you're all having great weather!

Yeah, it's raining today, Dave. I hope the rain stops by the time my vacation begins on Wednesday.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-10-2019 at 03:37 PM
Old 06-11-2019, 01:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Italy is coming up for me, I might try to learn a few words so I can get by a little bit.

what are you going to do for your vacation Alex?
Old 06-11-2019, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Not too much Dave, you?

Hey Alex
Old 06-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Katie! Are you going to Italy?

I'm not doing anything, I'm just staying home and getting rid of a lot of stuff to prepare for my move. But this move is temporary. My mom is having us move into a two bedroom apartment in the building behind us and my nephew will live there with us, but afterwards I'll be moving out when I save up enough.

Hi, Sam! I hope you're having a good week.

I haven't seen Mary around in a while. I hope she's okay.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

leaving on Saturday!

ah, where do you want to move to in the long run?

Hi everyone else!
Old 06-12-2019, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Have a good time Kate

Alex...I'm feeling better today

Alex/ Sam...don't forget to sign up for a custom tilte at LoT
Old 06-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Have a great trip, Katie!

Well, I have an idea, but I have to plan and save up.

I'm glad you're feeling better, Dave.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks guys!

well, hope it happens sooner than later for you Alex!
Old 06-13-2019, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Morning guys...what's new today
Old 06-13-2019, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, Katie! And thanks, I hope so too.

Hi, Dave! Well, my vacation started today, but the weather is lousy. It's cloudy and it rained. The weather is supposed to be like this for most of my vacation, FML.