Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2019, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Man, I guess the writers had to find a way to break up Brooke and Lucas then, so that Chad and Sophia wouldn't have to be on screen together too much.

Hi, Mary! Pasta salad and hot dogs sound good. So do cinnamon rolls.

Thanks for all those great Buffy gifs! I like that one in the middle left.

Ian Somerhalder actually had that happen to him twice. I heard about what happened between him and Nina Dobrev on The Vampire Diaries, but Ian also got involved with Maggie Grace, his co-star on Lost, but their characters both got killed off before they ended up breaking up. I know nothing about TVD ships, so I can't comment.

Well, the UPN never really worked as a network, and I have no idea why WB let Buffy go there. I really wish that Paramount had just let it die and that CBS/WB hadn't done that damn merger. I have no idea what happened there, but it was a huge mess.

I can't wait to see you with your new username, Mary.
They did and also Brooke had constant insecurities over him and Peyton from what I believe.

I'm glad I'm satisfying your cravings by mentioning food.

I think it was all well done. It is beautiful.

At least Ian had more luck with Lost there. It was less awkward there.

To be fair, UPN is much better than the CW. I preferred Veronica Mars when it was a UPN show than it was a CW show.

Having crossovers between the Buffy and Angel shows is actually what kept the shows interesting considering the history. The Angel show did a bad job on trying to put Buffy&Angel in the past considering they were so reluctant to break up in Season 3 of Buffy's show.

After reading some Darla/Angel comments on tumblr, it makes me realize how the writers went out of their way making Angel looking like a man whore in Season 3 considering they had Bangel, Dangel, and Cangel all in one setting. Cangel wasn't really needed considering they are incompatible and are a product of forced interactions. Dangel is complicated and complex enough, yeah they have a connection, but we don't see Angel loose his soul after ****ing Darla, and when his son is born. We don't see Angel loose his soul to Cordy in reality without calling Buffy's name. We don't see Buffy making herself prone to a random species DNA that sets in motion of ****ing Angel's kid. And then after that having a Shaman giving synthetic dreams of Angel ****ing the woman who ****ed his son, being possessed by his granddaughter. The only selfless thing we see Angel do to Darla is going through the trials to save her soul. The only selfless thing we see Angel do to Connor is sacrificing his life with his son in order to give his son a normal life like the way he left Buffy in Graduation Day Pt. 2. Another selfless thing Angel does to Buffy is give up his humanity to save her.

I don't see making Angel into a man whore being in his character. It is in his character as Angelus.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥true_crime_beauty64♥ (View Post)
They did and also Brooke had constant insecurities over him and Peyton from what I believe.
She did, plus Lucas cared more about being a good friend to Peyton than being a good boyfriend to Brooke.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Brucas relationship seemed pointless in One Tree Hill like the way the Cangel "relationship" in Angel. Buffy lived 2 hours away from him, and Bangel still held out hope for each other. But Buffy and Cordy weren't ever really friends.

You need to watch Buffy soon.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The Brucas relationship seemed pointless in One Tree Hill like the way the Cangel "relationship" in Angel. Buffy lived 2 hours away from him, and Bangel still held out hope for each other. But Buffy and Cordy weren't ever really friends.

You need to watch Buffy soon.
It really was, sorry Katie

I do
Old 03-10-2019, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

happy Sunday guys... what's everyone up to
Old 03-10-2019, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Dave! Happy Sunday! Not up to much. I'm really tired due to losing an hour of sleep because of daylight savings time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That's what I heard, lol. I'm sure you can

Doubt that played a part, considering what the creator was like and all.

I don't have a job, but it was Saturday for me so I would have done that regardless
Hi, Sam! Well, Antonio Brown looks like he's going to the Raiders, and Golden Tate may end up with the Jaguars. I really hope the Eagles get some good trades. Some people are wondering if DeSean Jackson and LeSean McCoy might come back.

Oh, wasn't there something about the guy who ran One Tree Hill, how he had been accused of sexual harassment or something?

You don't have a job either? So that's you and Dave. But you're okay with that?

Hi, Mary! I posted on the Couples Board, so you know.

Is Peyton the blonde one? Well, I still think that their breakup had something to do with that storyline.

Well, you're not satisfying them, you're just making me hungry. I also like the lighting of those Buffy gifs.

Well, Ian and Grace still had to return for the Lost series finale, and they made sure they were never in the same scene together.

Really? You preferred UPN? I never liked that network. And Veronica Mars was on UPN? Why did I think it was on the WB? I thought that WB had the better shows, like Buffy, Angel, Dawson's Creek, Felicity, Smallville, and Gilmore Girls. And yes, having the crossovers did make Buffy and Angel interesting, kind of like what the Arrowverse does. Also, I think that both shows did try to break up Buffy and Angel given that Angel was going to be off on his own show and that would make their relationship storyline difficult, but we'll never know because of Buffy moving to UPN.

Really? You think Angel looked like a man-whore in Buffy season 3? I didn't get that idea at all. I felt that Angel was taking ownership of himself in season 3, especially with the way he played Faith. The stuff with Darla on Buffy was actually fascinating considering how dark Angel got, but he eventually redeemed himself. That, and the part where they all went to that alternate reality and met Fred was pretty much the last time Angel was good.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh, wasn't there something about the guy who ran One Tree Hill, how he had been accused of sexual harassment or something?

Hi, Mary! I posted on the Couples Board, so you know.

Is Peyton the blonde one? Well, I still think that their breakup had something to do with that storyline.

Really? You preferred UPN? I never liked that network. And Veronica Mars was on UPN? Why did I think it was on the WB? I thought that WB had the better shows, like Buffy, Angel, Dawson's Creek, Felicity, Smallville, and Gilmore Girls. And yes, having the crossovers did make Buffy and Angel interesting, kind of like what the Arrowverse does. Also, I think that both shows did try to break up Buffy and Angel given that Angel was going to be off on his own show and that would make their relationship storyline difficult, but we'll never know because of Buffy moving to UPN.

Really? You think Angel looked like a man-whore in Buffy season 3? I didn't get that idea at all. I felt that Angel was taking ownership of himself in season 3, especially with the way he played Faith. The stuff with Darla on Buffy was actually fascinating considering how dark Angel got, but he eventually redeemed himself. That, and the part where they all went to that alternate reality and met Fred was pretty much the last time Angel was good.
I'm not sure. Hopefully Samuel will answer you.

Good. We need the TR thread to be alive. It's unfair that thread isn't getting much action.

Peyton is the blonde.

Well the UPN is better than the CW, so I didn't mind it.

Buffy and Angel also broke up because of his curse, too.

No. I think the writers went out of their way to make Angel look like a man whore in Season 3 of ANGEL because they had Bangel, Dangel, and Cangel all in one setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
happy Sunday guys... what's everyone up to
Sleeping, watching HIMYM, on my computer, and visited his parents.

You need a chauffer.

Quote:
It really was.

I do
We need to talk about the show here.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
It really was, sorry Katie

I do
it's okay, I don't flip out over people's opinions.

I didn't hate LP, they just didn't make me feel anything. they had some cute scenes but mostly I was just like "eh" the only LP scene I really, really hate is when she runs back into his arms in S6 after he was such a jerk to her in S5 with the "I hate you, you ruined my life" and everything.

I liked the slow burn of BL with them becoming friends again in S2 and realizing their feelings and Brooke trying to fight it in S3 until it all comes out in 3X09.

"This is how I spent my summer Luke, wanting you."

she was a little insecure but I think he did a good job of alleviating her fears. his love speech in the rain is amazing!

speaking of Maggie and Ian, BOONE/SHANNON! I loved Sayid/Shannon too though.

oh and Alex, yea, Mark harassed like all the girls pretty much.

Last edited by - just stand still -; 03-11-2019 at 12:00 PM
Old 03-11-2019, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Mary..I do need a driver.... I had my dad...but he got older and now I worry about him driving especially at night
Old 03-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm going to try pilates today. I need a flatter stomach.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Dave! So you do need a driver? I'm sorry about your dad. Yeah, I think I'd worry too. I miss driving, but after I lost my car I couldn't afford a new one. It was a Pontiac Grand Am. But I'll always love my first car the most. A Chevrolet Blazer from the 80s.

I hope you're having a good day!

Hi, Sam! I hope you're doing okay. Did you hear Antonio Brown is going to the Raiders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarkles (View Post)
speaking of Maggie and Ian, BOONE/SHANNON! I loved Sayid/Shannon too though.

oh and Alex, yea, Mark harassed like all the girls pretty much.
Hi, Katie! So you shipped Boone/Shannon too? See? That's one ship we had in common. I didn't like Sayid and Shannon though. I thought it was dumb that he spend his entire time trying to get back to the woman he loved, much like Desmond trying to get back to Penny, but he never ended up with her in the afterlife. He ends up with Shannon? Seriously? They were hardly compatible, and she was... well, she was who she was.

Oh, I see. It's a shame about Mark, but then I didn't watch One Tree Hill and it didn't interest me.

Quote:
Good. We need the TR thread to be alive. It's unfair that thread isn't getting much action.

Peyton is the blonde.

Well the UPN is better than the CW, so I didn't mind it.

Buffy and Angel also broke up because of his curse, too.

No. I think the writers went out of their way to make Angel look like a man whore in Season 3 of ANGEL because they had Bangel, Dangel, and Cangel all in one setting.
Hi, Mary! OMG, your avatar! Wow. Yowza!

Yeah, I agree. There are actually a number of threads there that don't get action.

Yeah, I figured Peyton was the blonde. She's the one he ended up with, right?

Well, I'll agree with you that anything is better than the CW right now. They should call it the snowflake network.

True, but I think that the evil mayor, "what's his name," also mentioned another stumbling block to Buffy and Angel's relationship. Even if Angel did find a cure for his curse, the fact remains that he's immortal and Buffy isn't. That mayor told them about how he lost his wife to old age, and saw her become senile and resentful of his youth and immortality. I think that hit Buffy and Angel really hard, the fact that their time together would be short and that Angel would have to watch her grow old and die while he lived on.

Oh, I see. Yeah, but did Angel and Buffy even have any scenes together in season 3? I think she moved to UPN by then. And Dangel was more in season 2. Season 3 is when Darla gave birth and she and Angel were over by then. But... yeah, they did mention the three furies that Angel had apparently had a thing with, so yeah... you may be right.

Mmmmhhhh… Angel! Damn, that was embarrassing.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Hi, Mary! OMG, your avatar! Wow. Yowza!

Yeah, I agree. There are actually a number of threads there that don't get action.

Yeah, I figured Peyton was the blonde. She's the one he ended up with, right?

Well, I'll agree with you that anything is better than the CW right now. They should call it the snowflake network.

True, but I think that the evil mayor, "what's his name," also mentioned another stumbling block to Buffy and Angel's relationship. Even if Angel did find a cure for his curse, the fact remains that he's immortal and Buffy isn't. That mayor told them about how he lost his wife to old age, and saw her become senile and resentful of his youth and immortality. I think that hit Buffy and Angel really hard, the fact that their time together would be short and that Angel would have to watch her grow old and die while he lived on.

Oh, I see. Yeah, but did Angel and Buffy even have any scenes together in season 3? I think she moved to UPN by then. And Dangel was more in season 2. Season 3 is when Darla gave birth and she and Angel were over by then. But... yeah, they did mention the three furies that Angel had apparently had a thing with, so yeah... you may be right.

Mmmmhhhh… Angel! Damn, that was embarrassing.
It's from Orange is the New Black. Thanks.

TR is an underrated thread over there, and an overrated thread gets the attention. I had to beg some people to help me out with the Damon&Katherine thread.

Yes, Lucas ended up with Peyton. They got married and had a kid.

Why would you call the CW a snowflake network?

As I've said to people the two shows made it obvious that Buffy and Angel were never meant to get over each other 100%. Buffy was the only woman Angel lost his soul to. He never lost his soul to Darla, Nina, and Cordelia. Also the writers of ANGEL needed to remember the events that happened in Buffy Seasons 2&3 because they really shouldn't be hooking him up with other people.

As I've said, Buffy&Angel met offscreen after Carpe Noctem and Flooded. She was resurrected and Angel needed to see her. They described their meeting as intense as always.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarkles (View Post)
it's okay, I don't flip out over people's opinions.

I didn't hate LP, they just didn't make me feel anything. they had some cute scenes but mostly I was just like "eh" the only LP scene I really, really hate is when she runs back into his arms in S6 after he was such a jerk to her in S5 with the "I hate you, you ruined my life" and everything.

I liked the slow burn of BL with them becoming friends again in S2 and realizing their feelings and Brooke trying to fight it in S3 until it all comes out in 3X09.

"This is how I spent my summer Luke, wanting you."

she was a little insecure but I think he did a good job of alleviating her fears. his love speech in the rain is amazing!
Great

I think everyone hated that scene, even LPers (me included) It's an hard scene to like unless you really hated Peyton.

I personally never saw them as a slow burn due to how 2,10 plays out and what both speeches said in that episode.

Agree to disagree on that, since for me Luke did a poor job of doing that because he always said one thing and doing another. His actions always showed who was more important to him imo and that wasn't Brooke.

Quote:
We need to talk about the show here.
We do lol

Quote:
Hi, Sam! Well, Antonio Brown looks like he's going to the Raiders, and Golden Tate may end up with the Jaguars. I really hope the Eagles get some good trades. Some people are wondering if DeSean Jackson and LeSean McCoy might come back.

You don't have a job either? So that's you and Dave. But you're okay with that?
Hey He does, thank he's not the Steelers problem anymore

Yep, it came out he harassed a lot of the female cast and crew. Hilarie Burton seemed to get the worst of it though, which is why she left the show after season 6.

I am for the moment and I would rather wait for a job that is a perfect fit for me.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

#rogeliomybrogelio
Old 03-12-2019, 02:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Hi, Katie! So you shipped Boone/Shannon too? See? That's one ship we had in common. I didn't like Sayid and Shannon though. I thought it was dumb that he spend his entire time trying to get back to the woman he loved, much like Desmond trying to get back to Penny, but he never ended up with her in the afterlife. He ends up with Shannon? Seriously? They were hardly compatible, and she was... well, she was who she was.

Oh, I see. It's a shame about Mark, but then I didn't watch One Tree Hill and it didn't interest me.
awesome! finally! Boone/Shannon were hot as all hell but I did also love their bickering and love/hate relationship.

fair enough, I felt like she grew up a bit with Sayid and I like seeing that.

now guess who I ship in Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle!

Quote:
Great

I think everyone hated that scene, even LPers (me included) It's an hard scene to like unless you really hated Peyton.

I personally never saw them as a slow burn due to how 2,10 plays out and what both speeches said in that episode.

Agree to disagree on that, since for me Luke did a poor job of doing that because he always said one thing and doing another. His actions always showed who was more important to him imo and that wasn't Brooke.
true, I didn't watch season six but did he at least make up for hurting her?

fair enough on both points.