Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2018, 05:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

MacLaren's pub [ Off Topic ] #60 ~ Me and my bed are perfect for each other, but my alarm clock keeps trying to break us up.

W E L C O M E T O T H E 60TH T H R E A D
Off Topic
L E T' S D I S C U S S W H A T E V E R
theregulars
001. PhoenixRising
002. Mysteria
003. Vacatia
004. Lucresiare
005. Ropetuned
006. BlackSapphire
007. *Amethyst*
008. bickering love
offtopicdiscussion

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 02-15-2018 at 07:30 PM
Old 02-15-2018, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new one Katie
Old 02-15-2018, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread, Katie! Wow, you've been busy.

You forgot to change the 59th to the 60th in the OP, so I did it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)

Nope, all of the sports (minus the NBL) down here just have an one off game like the NFL and they have extra time to decide the winner if it's tied at the end of regulation. Though, the AFL didn't always have that rule and they actually had to play the game against the next Saturday to decide the winner
Oh, so you also have overtime like we do? OMG, play the game all over again in case of a tie? Yeah, the NFL would never do that. Scheduling is just too difficult. Although when the Phillies won the World Series in 2008 the game got delayed halfway through due to rain and they played the remaining four innings the following day.

And I'll repost the total medal count from the Winter Olympics:

XXIII Olympic Winter Games Medal Count -

1. Norway - Gold: 6 | Silver: 7 | Bronze: 4 | Total: 17

2. Germany - Gold: 9 | Silver: 2 | Bronze: 4 | Total: 15

3. Canada - Gold: 4 | Silver: 5 | Bronze: 4 | Total: 13

4. Netherlands - Gold: 5 | Silver: 5 | Bronze: 2 | Total: 12

5. United States - Gold: 5 | Silver: 1 | Bronze: 2 | Total: 8

6. Japan - Gold: 0 | Silver: 4 | Bronze: 3 | Total: 7

7. France - Gold: 3 | Silver: 1 | Bronze: 2 | Total: 6

8. Austria - Gold: 2 | Silver: 1 | Bronze: 3 | Total: 6

9. Sweden - Gold: 3 | Silver: 2 | Bronze: 0 | Total: 5

10. Italy - Gold: 1 | Silver: 1 | Bronze: 3 | Total: 5
Old 02-15-2018, 09:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

you guys are welcome!

also to answer your question Alex, I like Ross/Rachel. they were sweet together.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickering love (View Post)
you guys are welcome!

also to answer your question Alex, I like Ross/Rachel. they were sweet together.
You're on a thread posting spree, Katie.

Oh, okay. I liked Ross/Rachel as well, but more so after they broke up because they had all those cool will they/won't they moments. I also loved Monica/Chandler.

And I'm off to bed now, so I'll see you later! Goodnight, Katie!

Goodnight, Mary! Goodnight, Sam! Goodnight, Mark, wherever you are!
Old 02-15-2018, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Oh, so you also have overtime like we do? OMG, play the game all over again in case of a tie? Yeah, the NFL would never do that. Scheduling is just too difficult. Although when the Phillies won the World Series in 2008 the game got delayed halfway through due to rain and they played the remaining four innings the following day.
Yeah, but we call it extra time in most sports or golden point/try in Rugby League. In the AFL, they have had to replay the Grand Final in the next week because of an draw, 2010 AFL Grand Final
Old 02-16-2018, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And I guess the character I related to the most was Chandler, although over time he became somewhat annoying because he never really outgrew all his idiosyncrasies which started out comical but eventually just seemed immature. But I have to say that I loved Monica and Chandler as a couple.

Hi, Mary! And I guess because I just liked Courtney Cox. She's the only cast member that I had known about before Friends. I remember her from way back in the 80's when she did was Alex P. Keaton's second girlfriend on Family Ties, and she was also on this weird show called Misfits of Science. And she was also in Cocoon: The Return. And I loved Monica and Chandler as a couple.

Well, I guess they want to get a jump on the summer sales. They always start things early. Remember I told you they started putting out the back to school stuff as soon as the 4th of July ended? And the Halloween stuff went out near the end of August, and by the first week of October they were already putting out Christmas stuff as well.

Oh, I totally understand that, Mary. The reason I was so burned out and in pain yesterday was because second shift didn't finish doing all the freight from two trucks, and they hardly touched the freight from the second truck, so they left a mess for us to deal with when we came in at 5am in the morning. I spend all day stocking the freight that second shift should've finished. And third shift doesn't do
Interesting. It is good that you don't relate to Joey.

Oh, gotcha. Monica&Chandler were a pretty sweet couple. Her crush on him came true.

I don't know why that dumb corporation wants to start things out way too early. They should be getting out the back to school supplies at the beginning of August. They should have the Halloween stuff out in the middle of September. And for the Christmas stuff should be out towards the end of November.

That is really crappy. I am sorry that you had to endure that. I guess that is why you didn't post yesterday.

Quote:
^ Sorry

Fair enough, but I think some people that let the way he acted in his love life affect the way they see his character and his attractiveness and all.

Why do you identify with Monica the most?
I never let how he "acted" in his relationships get in the way of his character or attractiveness. He is a pretty nice guy.

I relate to Monica because her and my personality are pretty much the same except I never been chubby.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥true_crime_beauty64♥ (View Post)
I never let how he "acted" in his relationships get in the way of his character or attractiveness. He is a pretty nice guy.

I relate to Monica because her and my personality are pretty much the same except I never been chubby.
Fair enough, but some people do

Okay, that's cool then
Old 02-16-2018, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, but we call it extra time in most sports or golden point/try in Rugby League. In the AFL, they have had to replay the Grand Final in the next week because of an draw, 2010 AFL Grand Final
Oh, okay. Thanks for explaining, Sam. And thanks for that link.

Hi, Mary! Well, I do like Joey as a lovable goofball, but I don't relate to him all that much. But I also have to admit that I find Chandler a lot harder to relate to when I look back in hindsight. At the time his behavior could be excused as whimsical, but now it just looks a bit sad and immature. But I did think that Chandler and Monica were adorable. Oh, and her teenage crush on Chandler? Yeah, it's weird how they added that into the backstory during season 5, but it wasn't at all part of the first four seasons.

I remember when stores didn't prepare that far ahead for the holidays, Mary. When I worked at Kmart we didn't start Christmas prepping until the end of October, but these days they try to get a jump start a lot earlier.

Yeah, that is why I didn't post yesterday. Those later shifts are just plain irresponsible.

And I have a bit of a chest cold, so I may just go to bed early today. I hope the rest of you have a good weekend!
Old 02-16-2018, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh, okay. Thanks for explaining, Sam. And thanks for that link.
No problem, must have sucked for the players in that situation too.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 02-17-2018, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥true_crime_beauty64♥ (View Post)
How are you?
Old 02-17-2018, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey, Mary! Hey, Sam!

I'm not gonna be on much today because I'm dealing with a chest cold and I'm not feeling well. So I'm gonna take my meds and go to sleep. I'll talk to you both tomorrow, okay?
Old 02-17-2018, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Hey, Mary! Hey, Sam!

I'm not gonna be on much today because I'm dealing with a chest cold and I'm not feeling well. So I'm gonna take my meds and go to sleep. I'll talk to you both tomorrow, okay?
That's fine, hopefully you feel better tomorrow
Old 02-17-2018, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Hey, Mary! Hey, Sam!

Get better soon! Did you call in at all?

Quote:
How are you?
Tired. I think I am having energy drink withdraws.

You?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread