Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

MacLaren's (OT)#6: A life? Where can you buy one of those?

I know it's lame

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 07-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

No, it's not. I love it.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you I thought it was fitting

Old 07-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Pey_23 - Thanks for the link. I'll check it out later tonight.
You're welcome. And I'm Paula btw.

About bashing the actors - it's just immature. Also: When I don't like/hate somebody, I don't waste my time on threads about them or writing about them...

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Haha! I love it!

From previous thread: people are sheep. You tell them to love/hate one actress and they'll make a trend out of it And look at fandoms. It's considered a crime to not worship Blair/Chuck or to not love Sophia Bush. I dunno. I've seen one movie with her and I wasn't really impressed but then again a crappy Hitcher remake can hardly do justice to any actor (Sean Bean included) so maybe she's brilliant and I just don't know it yet.
Also ONTD likes to set up standards. I swear it's the last time I talk about Mad Men, but suddenly it's trendy to love the show. Screw you people, you were the ones who went all "WTF is that crap! I've never even heard of this!!!11!1!" when they won Golden Globes. But now suddenly everybody in this community is worshiping the show and Jon and Christina. Which is precisely why I always comment with a "Pete > Don"
Old 07-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad you guys like it

And I agree, it's not popular to like Peyton (and not LP) or not to worship that or that actor. Sophia is not a bad actress but she's not that amazing either. There are so many talented actors that age, I hate that they're not more recognised. I'm thinking about Emily VanCamp for example, who was amazing in EW but who's very low profile

Old 07-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Very fitting.

Paula - Cool. You can call me Mel.

That's exactly my point..........why waste time/energy on actors/people you don't like. I guess they do it to prop up the actors and characters they do like, but I find it immature also. It's one thing to bash amongst people that feel the same, but when they do it in episode discussion threads, etc. it gets on my last nerve.

What's ONTD?

I agree about Emily.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's one thing to bash amongst people that feel the same, but when they do it in episode discussion threads, etc. it gets on my last nerve.
Hello OTH episode discussion threads

I gotta say there's one good thing about ONTD. Macros. You can get some amazing macros
Old 07-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

OMG the OTH discussion threads are aweful; some people are actually like "yeah but Peyton did that in episode *include number* so she's aweful" and vice versa.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What's ONTD?
LJ's biggest community called ohnotheydidnt. It's basically a gossip blog with entertainment news, celebrity gossip and pretty much any dirt you can find.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nice to meet you Mel.

I love Peyton (although not the Peyton from season 5...who the hell was that any way. ) but I don't like LP or BL for that matter.

The episode discussions are crazy...

Also OTH Fans tend to get really personal or they are aggressive...on another board today I found out I shouldn't say my opinion on something because I don't remember that Deb was cheating on Dan not only with Keith...I was like: Dude I watched that 4 years ago.

Sophia Bush isn't the greatest actress, she is ok but that's it...she can't cry. I loved her in the finale of season 3 but that was more of Sophia's emotions then acting.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

I can't believe how worked up over OTH characters people can get... They're all written so poorly, there shouldn't be any discussion
Plus it's always ending up in a pissing contest.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I had a discussion about Dan today...somebody tried to convince me that Dan shouldn't be treated bad because others screwed up too.

People take the show too serious...but what can you expect when Mark is constantly destroying his own SL or throwing Bones for each shipper...

I never get too personal...I prtoect myself when soembody gets personal but never counterattack with something equal...but I don't swear or drag them into mud or something like that...it's the Internet and if they are so brave here, I invite them to come to me and tell me that face-to-face.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly, this is why I don't take the show seriously

Old 07-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Oh Dan. He used to be an interesting character before Mark turned him into a flat cartoonish villain... And honestly, as horrible screenwriter Mark is, he's excellent with his stratagem on keeping the viewers around. Like you said, he'll just throw a bone to one group of shippers and tada, the show is still airing. But damn if he'll get another gig after this one. He's just bad...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread