Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2015, 08:29 AM
New Fan

How Would You Have Ended the Show?

So we all know that most people were not satisfied with the How I Met Your Mother Finale. I thought I would share how I would have ended the show and am curious to see other people's ideas for a finale would be. Here's what I would have done differently:

1. I would have ended the previous episode with Ted at the train station and looking over to see Tracy. This would have allowed for a little more time in the finale.

2. Under no circumstances would Barney and Robin have ever gotten divorced. It's not fair to have them build up their relationship for years and spend 22 episodes on their wedding weekend only to have them divorced 10 minutes later. I'm not saying there wouldn't have been issues. I think Barney should have been spending time with James and his kids while Robin traveled so much. Barney could have realized that he needed more purpose in his life and eventually Robin would have agreed to adopt. Barney would become a stay at home Dad and Robin would be able to follow her dream of traveling and also be a part time Mom, which we've seen glimpses of her wanting in the past. This would have also made it so Barney didn't lose all of his character development.

3. The gang would have never not seen each other for years at a time. The stories for the whole series made it seem as though the group was still close. Obviously life would be getting in the way, but they would still be in each others lives for holidays and "the big stuff." They should have also cut the scene at MacLaren's Pub with the reformed Barney. MacLaren's will come into place later.

4. Tracy would still pass away, but they would spend more time on it. Rather than glazing over it and immediately going after Robin, they should have shown how much of an impact it had on Ted. A touching last moment with Tracy and a funeral scene would have had a lot of impact and made the finale memorable. A scene with the kids having tears in their eyes or something like that would have made sense. The kids basically acted like they didn't care at all about their Mom.

5. Instead of having the kids tell Ted to go after "Aunt Robin," they could have reiterated Tracy's sentiments about Ted being lost in his stories and not living his life. The kids could then say that Mom had been gone for 6 years and that it was time to get back out there. I realize they shot this years ago, but they could have figured out something.

6. Instead of grabbing a horn and going after Robin, Ted calls up his friends and asks to meet them in an hour. The 5 friends all sit at their usual table at MacLaren's. They reminisce about how long it's been since they've been at the bar and everyone seems happy, including Ted because he's with his friends. Ted then looks across the bar to catch a glance of some new interesting girl just like he did with Robin in the pilot. Barney says the night is going to be Legen wait for it...... dary! Legendary! Ted says with a smile "You know what Barney.... I think you might be right." How I Met Your Mother appears across the screen.
RanchBuffaloWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Extreme Fan

I would have allowed Barney and Robin to marry and divorce between Seasons 5 and 8.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
DR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:12 AM
Loyal Fan

With basically anything other than the mother dying. And Barney and Robin to have worked out.
Reply   Post New Thread