Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2018, 02:51 AM
New Fan

How I Met Season 10 Ideas

Well to start this off, I was not really satisfied with the ending of HIMYM.
There were big chunks missing of how we got there, also I really wanted to know how everything would go past the point of Ted standing at the window.

If there were to be a season 10, it would be really hard to call it 'How I Met Your Mother' anymore. But I still want like a good closure so I wrote down small ideas of how a season 10 could exist.

Basically this season 10 wouldn't last as long as the others. (No point at just milking out the franchise while it is good.) I was thinking like a good 10 episodes or so... Kinda like a mini-series.

The style of storytelling can't be the same either so it wouldn't be the exact same theme but it would give closure.

The very first episode would be an immediate followup to season 9 finale where Ted stands at Robins window.

The characters would need an arc of course otherwise there is no purpose so here it goes.

ROBIN & TED

Robin and Ted now in there 50s reconnect on a romantic level. Telling Teds kids and eventually marry in like episode 9 (pre final episode).

BARNEY

With Barney now being a dad, needs to learn how to be a good father. Eventually also meeting a girl to share his life with and raising his daughter.

LILY & MARSHALL

Tbh I don't really have an idea sorted ouot for these 2. Maybe just small episode-to-episode small problems. Also maybe aiding Barney at achieving his goal.

With episode 9 looking a bit like S9E22 with the wedding and Barney getting together with his girl.

The last episode I would keep to have a super moment to remember everything they did in How I Met Your Mother at a family dinner where you see the kids playing and so on. A proper goodbye.

Of course I would want to know what you guys think about this :p
If you have any ideas of your own or adjustments to this one be sure to write them down.

P.S.: I am and always will be a Robin & Ted fan so any ideas of Barney coming together with Robin I wouldn't like :p
Closed Thread   Post New Thread