Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

I was listening to the radio and they had this really long promo about the show. And it was after the Pilot had aired. And I thought... you know what, it does sound different. So, I did obtain the Pilot and the other episode I had missed and then the Liberty Bell episode aired and I was a fan. But, "Okay Awesome" was the first episode that made me see this was a show I was going to enjoy.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

I started watching it for Alyson Hannigan ( aka the 'Willow' factor, I follow the cast of BtVS all over the place) and then got sucked in by the rest of the cast and the awesome writing.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:33 PM
KAI
Master Fan

Watched since the pilot. I actually started watching because I'm a big Alyson fan, I loved Buffy I own every season. But when I saw the rest of the cast, the comedy and chemistry of it all. I was hooked.

visit k•pop
kai ▪ they/them
KAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Total Fan

Watched it because of Alyson and Jason. I watch their previous TV Show Freaks and Geeks and BTVS. I'm huge fans of them.
Icon
tifa_look_alike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Elite Fan

i was at work, bored out of my mind.
A friend of mine kept saying what a great show this was so i decided to watch the pilot online and that was it.
I totally fell in love with the show and i ended up watching all the episodes in a matter of a week and had it not been a holiday for me, i would have probably finished watching it in two days lol.
such an amazing show and its so different.
it has charm and wit...the two most important elements in a comedy.
Touldengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Absolute Fan

Well, I remember when it premiered, it was up against Kitchen Confidential, which meant choosing between Bradley Cooper/Nick Brendon and Alyson Hannigan...the HIMYM pilot didn't impress me too much, so I forgot about the show until S2 premiered, when I decided to give it another shot, and it hooked me.
the laziest little sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Whoops, double post.

Last edited by the laziest little sidekick; 05-01-2008 at 01:19 AM
the laziest little sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:45 AM
Elite Fan

My friend did exactly the same thing and chose KC over HIMYM - the first ep of HIMYM she saw was Nothing Good... after KC was cancelled, and she loved it and went back and watched them all.

I was lucky, being in England I download everything so watched KC and HIMYM without having to worry about clashes
Old 05-01-2008, 05:59 AM
Master Fan

Before i started watching it, i heard it was a great show, so one day i was at my aunt's and my cousin had some episodes on his computer so i spent like three days watching the two seasons and i loved it.
It had Alyson and Jason, two people i find so cool and cute, and then i "met" NPH and his fantastic role, and i found Ted and Robin cute soo, i loved it and got obsessed.
unfloopy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

I started watching it cos of Alyson Hannigan cos I'm a Buffy fan but I kept on watching it cos it's such a darn good show!
*Lethe's Bramble* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:07 AM
Passionate Fan

I really started watching HIMYM knowing that Alyson Hannigan was in it - another Buffy fan here! I'd heard a lot about it online as well, and I caught about one ep of the first season when they showed it here, but it was on at a really crappy time so I kept missing it.

So really I didn't start watching until the S1 boxset came out here in the UK, and I just took the plunge and bought the set without having seen most of the eps. Watched it from start to finish, and was completely in love! I have to say I've watched all the eps on that set far too many times now, hee
Old 05-01-2008, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

My roommate has been watching the show from the start, but I always work the night it was on so I didn't get into it in the beginning. Then she bought the DVDs over the holidays, and I started watching since I heard from so many people how awesome it was, and man! I blasted right through the show. I don't know what it was that hooked me, but I love it all!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

I hadn't heard of any of them aside from Alyson so I was watching for her and the fact I liked what I had read about in all the 2005/2006 new show features. It got me hooked from the pilot and I knew I'd found a show that was different from everything else out there, although there have been some episodes that were a little weak (though very few shows are without these) its still one of my favourite US comedies and could well soon by-pass Friends on my list .
-Louise- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

Woah, it's pretty serious if it's going to pass Friends!
I love you
meghan
chasing starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

I actually thought about that and I'd say I perfer HIMYM as well. Friends had a huge impact on everyone, and it's still very popular, but in the terms of the characters, storylines and the overall atmosphere, I'd choose HIMYM any day. Friends are awesome and classic and all that but I've never truly obsessed over it like I do with HIMYM now!