Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

If you could go back in time for a day, to which era would it be? Oooh! That's a good one! I think probably the 1960s because it always looks so fun! And if I only got one day, I'd want to have fun!

Have you read the Harry Potter books? I have! My mum bought me the first one when she happened to see it in a shop, same with the second and then suddenly by the third one people were queuing at midnight and it was a massive thing! Even though I'd never heard a single person mention it in between! But as a consequence I do have first edition copies of all seven books, if I ever wanted to sell them (which I don't!) they'd get me a fortune!

What's the TV show everyone else seems to watch but you just can't get into? Among my friends, Battlestar Galactica. They ALL adore it, and I've tried, and it's just so dull and none of the characters do anything interesting! Among the world in general, probably the US Office. I didn't like the UK one but that's because I hate Ricky Gervais with a fiery passion, but with the American one I just don't think it's funny!

Is there something you've never done but would like to do? If so, what is it? Go to Australia or Japan. One day I will! I just keep going on holidays to America (and usually California) because I like it there and end up not being able to afford anything else!
Old 06-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Any new volunteers?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can be the next one if you want
Old 06-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

Obviously my answers stunned everybody into silence!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Total Fan

Surely not. I'm bummed I didn't notice this thread sooner, I loved your answers! (well, except the one about BSG being overrated. I had the same opinion when I first saw the miniseries, and I couldn't understand what the fuss was about, but once I watched a couple episodes I was hooked!)
Old 06-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

That's what I was told. I was told to watch the miniseries because it helps understand the rest, but to stick with it for a few episodes after that. I actually had a $15 bet with Mark Sheppard (who I believe plays Romo? I know him from Firefly! ) that I would watch 33 and then love it.

Jamie Bamber told me I should just tell Mark I hated it regardless of whether I did or not to get the money

But anyway, I've seen the miniseries and 8 episodes now and as well as not finding any of the characters remotely likeable (apart from maybe Cally), nothing interesting has happened!
Old 06-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

Ooooh Andrea

I'm fresh out of good questions so let's start with standard ones:

1. Favorite movie? Favorite TV show? Favorite book?
Old 06-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~* (View Post)
Obviously my answers stunned everybody into silence!
I wish I had noticed the thread sooner too! I really liked your answers as well.

Quote:
1. Favorite movie? Favorite TV show? Favorite book?
Hmmm....Favorite movie is really tough. Having been a film student and working in a movie theatre pretty much means I've seen hundreds and hundreds I'd say that a recent favorite of mine was "Young People F*#&ing". It's a romantic comedy starring Carly Pope (WB's Popular) and it really was hilarious. Also Get Smart. I absolutely adored it. But one of my favorites of all time would definitely have to be Memento.

Favorite TV show? Right now, I'd say it's a toss up between LOST and Samantha Who? (Other than HIMYM of course)

And my favorite book of all time is "A Night Without Armor" by Jewel. It's a book of poetry.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

I've never watched Samantha Who. I have a free spot for a TV show to watch atm, I might catch up with it. How many seasons does it have and what is it about? (erm that's not a hot seat question ).

Continuing with the unoriginal questions: a TV show that you loved at first that turned out to be a huge disappointment?
What is one power that you always found ridiculous for a superhero to have?
Old 06-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~* (View Post)
But anyway, I've seen the miniseries and 8 episodes now and as well as not finding any of the characters remotely likeable (apart from maybe Cally), nothing interesting has happened!
Well, I guess even BSG is not for everyone.
Very cool that you got to meet all these actors! You met them at a convention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)
I can be the next one if you want
Okay, here goes:

Where are you from & what's your favorite thing about the country you live in?
Favorite color?
Do you recycle?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
How many seasons does it have and what is it about?
It only has one season so far. It was one of the new shows last year. It's basically about this girl who wakes up from a mini coma and has amnesia. She doesn't remember anything, so every episode is sort of a first for her. And of course, turns out that before her accident she was pretty much a biotch It's really funny!

Ok back to the Hot Seat questions

Where are you from & what's your favorite thing about the country you live in?
- I'm from Canada, and I think one of the greatest things about living in the area I live in is that we get to have all four seasons fully. We have summer and winter but we also have a distinct Fall season and Spring season. I love it.

Favorite color?
- I would have to say blue. For some reason, most of my clothing is blue

Do you recycle?
- You bet I do! My mother and gran mother are highly involved in promoting recycling in their line of work so I think I've recycled for as long as I can remember.

TV show that you loved at first that turned out to be a huge disappointment?
- October Road. Man I loved that show at first. The first season was awesome, and the premise was so good. But then it just became a bit boring...

What is one power that you always found ridiculous for a superhero to have?
- Hmm...That's a good one. I'm not sure. I guess I've always thought that Superman's "Kiss-that-can-erase-a-girl's-memory" power was pretty stupid
Old 07-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh how i love Samantha Who. So funny!

Great answers! You're so lucky that you have four distinct seasons where you live! My dream is to live somewhere like that! Where I live our four seasons are: a little cold, very hot, even hotter, and freakin hot! Right now we are experiencing freakin hot season!

I'm the same way with blue clothing! It's the only color I seem to own!

I can't think of any questions right now, but if I do I'll come back!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Where I live our four seasons are: a little cold, very hot, even hotter, and freakin hot! Right now we are experiencing freakin hot season!

I'm not gonna lie, when we're in the freezing cold, I sometimes wish I lived where you live!

But it's so great to live in a place where we get the really hot weather, but we also get the snow storms, and we get to see the leaves change colors, and we get an entire season of cool, flowers-growing-slowly weather.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Where you live sounds like a beautiful place! As much as I hate the heat and would love to experience a snow storm, I don't think I would last one day in the freezing cold!

Hey, I thought of a couple questions! They aren't great...but nevertheless they are questions!

Was there a TV show you loved and thought it ended too soon?

Do you tend to like TV shows/movies that are dramas or comedies?

Continuing with the superhero theme ...
If you could have one superpower for a day what would you choose?
Old 07-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Total Fan

I have a few more as well

Dream job?
Do you do any sports?
Fav Kelly Clarkson song?
Compare yourself to an animal (aka Which animal do you think you are most like and why?).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread