Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2016, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

HIMYM This or That #4: Band or DJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucresiare (View Post)
Probably roller coaster as long as my head is up and not down but TBH I will be quite scared in both

Here we just call that an Italian restaurant though not all Italian restaurants sell pizzas

I saw a small amusement park in Brighton (a small city not very far from London) but this kind of place doesn't interest me. Too noisy ! I don't see the point to go to the sea to be in a place like that. I'm probably too old
I tend to go to beaches as quiet as possible. One of the best places I ever been in holidays was the Agriates desert in Corsica. There was NOTHING but the beach, sea and scrublands, and very few people as cars could't access there !
I remember certain days where there was only us (me and my family) !

I meant if you could choose between a jog in a park or a beach, what would you prefer.

Mini skirt of long skirt (not for you obviously )
Mini skirt, because as a guy I like looking at them.

I don't blame you, Barbara. I had to get used to rollercoasters. Oh, and I'd still prefer to jog in a park because if I were at the beach I'd be too tempted to be lazy and just lie around.

Oh, well we use the word "parlor" a lot here in the USA. Pizza parlors, ice cream parlors, etc. And the boardwalk amusement piers just sort of add to the energy and excitement of going to the beach. But they don't extend the entire length of the beach. Usually people go swimming and lay out on the beaches that are further away from the boardwalks. That's where it's quiet, and there's LOTS of beach. So you can do either one. And that's a beautiful picture of a beach!

Tap dancing or ballroom dancing?

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-03-2016 at 03:27 PM
Old 06-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

TFNT

Ballroom dancing I suppose

When I am in holiday, I'm not looking for excitement but for peace. I have enough excitement all year in London . I suppose I would be different if I lived in the countryside or a small quiet town. My next vacation will be a Reiki retreat in Snowdonia. I'll be in the wood near a lake, far from noise, cars and "excitement".

That was a picture of the Agriates desert

Would you rather spend an afternoon at the Agriates desert :

Or an afternoon there ? :
Old 06-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, Barbara! And probably the desert, because it's peaceful. I prefer going to amusement piers at night when everything is all lit up.

Wear your hair long and straight, or short and curly?
Old 06-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Long and straight, but mine is long and naturally wavy. Hard to have it straight !

You have the same taste as me then

The perfect weekend for lovers : On a desert beach, sleeping in the tent
or
in a luxury hotel ?
Old 06-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Damn, that's a tough one. I guess it all depends on how much you like room service. I'll still say the beach in a tent... as long as it's a really big tent.

Yep, during the day and afternoon I like relaxing, so the desert beach would suit me fine. It's at night when I really loved going to the amusement piers as a kid. Everything looked so alive and beautiful all lit up. So the time of day really determines what I want to do.

I understand. My hair is wavy too. Terribly difficult to manage.

Soft ice cream or regular ice cream?

And my headache is really bad, Barbara. If you don't mind, I'm gonna lie down for a while and see if it goes away. And I know you have to go to bed soon anyway, so I'll see you tomorrow, okay? Goodnight and sweet dreams!
Old 06-03-2016, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Regular ice cream. I'm not even sure what you call soft ice cream

If you're in love, you don't need a so big tent And a big tent is heavy to carry in a rucksack !

I also liked amusements parks as kid, but as an adult I have different tastes.

A cycling holiday or a trekking holiday ?
Old 06-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Cycling. I loved riding my bike as a kid.

Soft serve is a type of ice cream that is softer than regular ice creams as a result of air being introduced during freezing. Soft serve ice cream has been sold commercially since the late 1930s.

Yeah, I guess the size of the tent doesn't matter when you're in love.

Well, I never outgrew amusement parks, Barbara. I loved rollercoasters, bumper cars, Ferris wheels, haunted houses, funhouses, swing rides, etc. Usually the amusement parks on the boardwalk were either on the boardwalk itself along the shoreline, or on the amusement piers that extended out towards the ocean. Those usually didn't open until 12 noon or 1pm, so most people at the beach just enjoyed the sun, sand, and swimming in the ocean. They'd lay out in the sun, go swimming or surfing, play beach volleyball or Frisbee, or make sand castles. Some people did go to the amusement rides during the day, but in the hot sun they mostly go to the water rides and water slides. The beaches are active usually from 9am to 5pm, but people start to leave after that. There are a few people who stick around afterwards to take romantic walks along the beach in the late afternoon, or go looking for sea shells, or the surfers who have more room to surf. There are also some kids who take advantage of having more space to play in the ocean, as well as fishermen who go fishing at the shoreline or on the rock reefs. But usually by 6pm the beach starts to get deserted. That's when the boardwalk really starts to get active. From 6pm to 10pm people are going to restaurants, bars and clubs, boardwalk shops, and of course, the amusement piers. No one's on the beach during the evening. I forget how late the boardwalk attractions stayed open.

Italian water ice or a frozen popsicle?

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-04-2016 at 02:31 PM
Old 06-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Do you mean sorbet by Italian water ice? I like sorbets so i choose that
I've never eaten frozen popsicle. You must think I am a desperate case

I see the ice cream on you pic. I don't really like them. We don't see a lot of that over here.

Amusement parks are okay once in a while, but as I said I like quiet holidays. I wouldn't need to leave London to go to an amusement park.

Eating snails or eating oysters ?
Old 06-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oysters. I've never tried snails. And yeah, you've got that big amusement part right in London with that big Ferris wheel.

Water ice is similar to sorbet, but not really the same.

Water ice:

Sorbet:

French Onion soup or Clam chowder?
Old 06-04-2016, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

French Onion soup :yummy:

You mean the London Eye ? That's not I was referring to. We have plenty of amusements parks that come and go, especially in the summer. There is one not very far from my home at the moment.

I know what sorbet are. I can make them myself. I don't eat the water ice. I've never seen that when I was in Italy. Italian generally eat very fine things, not a lot of junk.

Eating in a fast food or eating in a proper restaurant ?
Old 06-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

A proper restaurant.

Well, Italian water ice is actually a creation of Italian immigrants living in the Philadelphia and Delaware valley area, Barbara. I don't think you'll find it in Italy.

Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Old 06-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Dark chocolate

Barney in S1 or S9?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Barney in season 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Well, Italian water ice is actually a creation of Italian immigrants living in the Philadelphia and Delaware valley area, Barbara. I don't think you'll find it in Italy.
It's what I am saying Alex, it's not Italian , not really...The people who made it became kind of American, so it's American.

Homemade mayonnaise or supermarket mayonnaise ?
Old 06-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Supermarket mayonnaise, because I've never had homemade.

Well, they're Italian-American, Barbara.

English chocolate or German chocolate?
Old 06-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

English chocolate

You never ate homemade mayonnaise in your all life ! You should try, it's very easy to make and much better than the industrial one.

American-Italian as you said is not the same as Italian. I spent over 3 months in Italy. They nearly don't eat junk and the one they eat is from the US

Swiss cheese of French cheese ?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread