Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2013, 12:46 AM
Elite Fan

HIMYM 31 Day Challenge

Welcome to the HIMYM 30 Days Challenge - inspired by tumblr.

Each day, one of the "questions" listed below will be asked to be answered by everyone who wants to share their thoughts. Answers can be given via posting gifs, screencaps etc. from the corresponding scene, or by simply writing about the scene and sharing your thoughts.

This was tried out on the NCIS board last month and had a pretty decent response and it was interesting to see peoples different thoughts and if you miss a day, feel free to catch up

So... let the show begin!

Day 1- Favorite episode
Day 2- Best HIMYM moment/scene
Day 3- Favorite main character
Day 4- Favorite Lilipad/Marshmallow moment
Day 5- Favorite Robin Sparkles song
Day 6- Write a letter to Ted
Day 7- Favorite HIMYM holiday get together
Day 8- Favorite guest character
Day 9- Best group photo
Day 10- Write a letter to Marshall
Day 11- Least favorite/most annoying guest character
Day 12- Best high-five moment
Day 13- Least favorite main character
Day 14- Favorite HIMYM tradition
Day 15- Favorite life lesson (nothing good happens after 2am etc)
Day 16- Favorite “mother” moment (the yellow umbrella, foot, etc)
Day 17- Write a letter to Barney
Day 18- Best slap
Day 19- Suit up or suit down?
Day 20- Best Robin/Ted moment
Day 21- Favorite HIMYM actor or actress
Day 22- Write a letter to Lily
Day 23- Worst HIMYM moment
Day 24- Best Barney suit quote
Day 25- HIMYM tradition you’d like to follow in your own life
Day 26- Character you most relate to
Day 27- Saddest HIMYM moment
Day 28- Write a letter to Robin
Day 29- Funniest HIMYM scene
Day 30- Favorite Barney quote
Day 31- Favorite Barney/Robin moment
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS

Last edited by Mysteria; 06-01-2013 at 11:51 PM
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:53 AM
Elite Fan

Day 1- Favorite episode

After much consideration, I’m going to go with Benefits from season 4. Everything about this episode was excellent. Ted/Robin falling back into old habits was completely believable and the way the plot was done was completely true to their characters at the time. Marshall having issues “reading a magazine” - Hilarious, but what I truly loved about this episode was Barney. Season 4 was when we really began to see there was more to him then suits and money, well technically the season three finale Miracles, which is a close runner-up to my favorite, was the beginning of that, but Benefits showed a whole new, raw and even emotional side to him that we hadn’t seen yet, from the crazed jealously of breaking the television sets to the completely devastated realization that Robin may never see him in the way that he sees her. This was a great episode for NPH and the song choice at the end, excellent.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 06-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

You didn't do a BR moment?
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't make the list... I really didn't notice there wasn't one on there... well I guess I'll have to turn it into a 31 day challenge
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 06-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

Day 2- Best HIMYM moment/scene

I loved this scene for so many reasons. First off, it’s an excellent group scene of them coming together with the perfect mix of emotions to fuel it… and it was great to see them as a group again seeing as the previous episodes had lost that due to the Ted/Barney feud. Which leads to the second reason, Ted/Barney making up… it was completely wrong for them to stop being bro’s so this was nice. Third, Robin back story, I always appreciate when we get insight into to why she is the way she is. Lastly, Barney finally realizing he can have feelings for someone, real feelings.

I also really liked that we got so much out of this episode, since season three had the interference of the writers strike, so considering the last half of the season was done back to back with no breaks, the awesomeness that was the end of the season three was extremely impressive.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 06-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Day 2 - Best HIMYM Moment/scene

This is my favorite moment and scene because it's not only my favorite episode of the series it's also my favorite BR moment. It's the moment when I realized just how important they are in each others lives.

This scene shows how much I enjoy their cute banter but also their feelings are more put out there and it's when the show starts to change because these two get together for the rest of the series even though they broke up in season 5.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 06-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Elite Fan

Day 3- Favorite main character

Well first off just because he’s played by the completely amazing Neil Patrick Harris, cause seriously how could you not dig him after that alone? lol. I love the way he’s written. The majority of the time he’s the just a completely awesome dude who seems to have no worries, but when they let those other emotions out, is what I love.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 06-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Day 3 - Favorite main character

Just cause, why not he's awesome and legendary and the first character I have fallen for in along while. When I first started watching this show I was casually watching it, I began to like these 5 characters but Barney was the one that stoof out to me from the rest. I think it's NPH and his charm that made me like Barney the most cause he takes a character that people might dislike because he's a bit OUT there as a character but he's really not like that cause deep down he's the Soul of the group and without him this show or the group would not be how it is now and the group wouldn't be that interesting.

Just My opinion but he's the heart and soul of the series we watch because we want to know what crazy thing Barney Stinson is up to an it's always fun to watch.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

Day 4 - Favorite Lilipad/Marshmallow moment

“I’m pregnant.”

Followed by the airport scene in Three Days of Snow

HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 06-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Day - 4 Favorite Marshall & Lily moment

I have to say the ceremony outside when they said their vows and Marshall bringing the marching band to surprise Lily at the airport it was the sweetest ML moment in the series.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Day 5 - Favorite Robin Sparkles song - Sandcastles In The Sand

I thought it was better song for the character, also her revealing this song led to the awesomeness of her and Barney hooking up. Nuff said.

And finding that behind the scenes clip of it... probably made me liek it more. lol.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 06-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Day 5: Favorite Robin Sparkles song

Sandcastles In The Sand is such a lovely but sad song, it's a breakup song it's supposed to be sad but the music video made it sadder. Best thing about this song is that it's video is set at the beach and it's actually really romantic for a sad song. Plus, bonus Barney & Robin hook up this episodes starts their relationship to become much more than friends.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

Day 6 - Write a letter to Ted

Dear Ted,

Or would you prefer T-mos? Any who, while this story your telling is excellent… how on earth could you have been this naive? I get that us woman are tricky creatures but seriously… Robin was understandable, she’s cool… though we all know it could never work. Victoria was great... though in the end turned out to not be so great. But Stella? Really? What the hell was that? And why did you not yell at her? Seriously. You get left at the alter, you get mad… I’m sure Barney must have a rule for this that he’s told you. But the worst of them all… Zoey. I really don’t have words, just glad you finally came to your senses cause that relationship was a ticking time bomb, literally. And that last fruitcake... well were gonna go with that was the universe paying you back for all the other lame relationships you've attempted. After all that I hope the mother, that you’ll eventually tell us that you met is as awesome as the story your telling.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 06-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Day 6 - Write a letter to Ted

Dear Ted: I know you mean well but stop butting into Robin's relationship with Barney. She and Barney are happy she doesn't need your help, she's her own woman, she's just scared of following her own heart. She's not a kid or hopeless, plus she has Barney for the rest of her life to be there for her whenever she needs someone by her side. Also, it's almost time, she's coming, your lovely wife and mother of your kids so hold on just a little while longer.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

Day 7 - Favorite HIMYM holiday get together

New Year’s Eve, The Limo

I loved this episode just because despite all the craziness and excitement they all ended up together for the new year even though they didn’t expect to. Marshall running through the streets yelling for Lily was great. Barney’s get psyched CD was awesome, and I enjoyed that Robin stayed true to her word and ignored her date to give Ted a kiss and I’m not even a TR fan. It was a really great group get together.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Reply   Post New Thread