Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 04:44 AM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion: 7.7 - Noretta

Season 7 - Episode 7: Noretta

October 24, 2011

Written by:
Matt Kuhn

Everyone realizes their significant other reminds them of a parent, while Barney and Nora have a date go sour.

If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, this is going to be hilarious. Marshall as Lily's dad is one of the funniest things ever on this show.

Can't wait!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so excited for this, the promos look amazing!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT!

The promo looks kinda creepy, but the sneak peek looks really interesting.
Welcome to the world, CAB ~ Icon ~ Linda
*Willy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Excited for the sneak peek plotline. I'm simul/taneously excited and dreading the B/N story. Excited for their date to be ruined (always amusing to see Nora get trashed) and dreading the outcome.

// brotp;
MsChanandalerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Chutes and Lilys? omfg I so can't wait to laugh my booty off watching this episode.
The homeless guy falling off of the building while Nora and Barney are on their date is priceless.

ooh can't wait
Old 10-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Finally! They're going to show the cracks in Nora's character . . . and humanize her. I hope that the writers will put this ideal portrayal of her far behind after this episode.
DR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

This is an interesting storyline, to say the least...... I don't think Marshall is ANYTHING like Lily's dad, but we'll see.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursayollia (View Post)
This is an interesting storyline, to say the least...... I don't think Marshall is ANYTHING like Lily's dad, but we'll see.
I don't know how far they're going to take this, but if Lily just overreacts because of the game thing, then I can definitely see it, because that trait they have shared on several occasions in several seasons. If he acts a lot different in this episode to try to force the similarities, then I'll be iffy on it.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked this episode, I thought I wouldn't at first but I did. I must watch this again though. My review tomorrow!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

My DVR didn't record
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:10 PM
New Fan

I'm sorry, but this episode is awful and just creepy. Worst episode of the season so far. The only part I liked was Barney and his raincoat. I don't expect every episode to be well written like the one with Victoria, but come on!

Last edited by Sword Master; 10-24-2011 at 08:15 PM
Sword Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

I liked some parts but it left me confused on some things

The Marshall/Lily story was creepy and funny at times. The callback to Marshall's board games was great but I think that's the only thing he has in common with her father Really enjoyed seeing Marshall's dad again though

Barney/Nora, this was supposed to be romantic and at times it was but what I'm concerned about is that relationship is supposed to have Barney maturing. I'm not saying that he should be a different person because I really don't want that but showing some growth at least. He seemed to be more focused on having sex with her than spending a romantic evening together. It's Barney, of course he should be excited for this but IDK. He's probably still adjusting to being in a serious relationship

The Robin/Kevin/Ted story. I'm on board with TR being really close for exes and I could see why it would bother Kevin. What's bothering me is that they seemed to have dropped the fact Robin had feelings for Barney a couples of epsiodes ago. She confessed that to Kevin not long ago. Her little outburst about Nora was pretty obvious and he doesn't seem to care about that but he does freak out about TR. Is it because Ted's single and Barney's not? I don't remember if Robin did mention Barney by name when talking about it in therapy but it still just seems odd to me.

And Ted, I felt bad for him. It really must be hard to see all your best friends in relationships while you're alone and it was really nice of Kevin to go to that concert with him. Loved the montage of him calling praticaly everyone to go with him. I really want him to find a girlfriend, he deserves it
jhlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Very enjoyable episode. Bizarre, yet funny.

A lot of people keep saying that Barney should be "maturing" due to his relationship with Nora. I find this expectation a bit . . . uh, premature. People simply do not change that fast. Everyone has good and bad qualities in their personality makeup. Which means, Barney will always maintain some of the less-than-pleasant aspects of his nature - like everyone else. If Nora truly loves him, she's going to have to learn to accept all of him - the good and the bad.

I rather liked Nora in this episode and the many times she nearly fell apart over some disastrous circumstance during her date with Barney. Well, to be honest, I like Nora anyway. Yes, she does come off a bit perfect, but I think I'm getting used to her.

The whole theme of dating or marrying those who are like your parents really had me in stiches, tonight. The funniest moments featured Marshall and Lily's experiences and Barney's, when Nora was trying to seduce him.

Also, Ted is a Weird Al Yankovic fan? Great funny moments from Josh Radnor.

Last edited by DR76; 10-24-2011 at 09:05 PM
DR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:42 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlover (View Post)
I liked some parts but it left me confused on some things

Barney/Nora, this was supposed to be romantic and at times it was but what I'm concerned about is that relationship is supposed to have Barney maturing. I'm not saying that he should be a different person because I really don't want that but showing some growth at least. He seemed to be more focused on having sex with her than spending a romantic evening together. It's Barney, of course he should be excited for this but IDK. He's probably still adjusting to being in a serious relationship
I don't think it's right to be criticising Barney to be focusing on sex.

I think your missing the point of his maturation, he's only maturing into a monogamous person because of his new found feelings of love, which were only present for the chick when he was a hippy and to an extent, Robin. Everything else of his personality will remain the same, and they should be or HIMYM would be gone.

And even if it wasn't Barney, it's pretty normal for a guy to act like that, especially after 2 months without a "shag". And on that, I think Barney's making some good progress, I was pretty surprised it had actually gotten to 2 months. Anyway, it's normal especially for a sitcom.
Swanny36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread