Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion 5.23 - The Wedding Bride

Season 5 - Episode 23: The Wedding Bride

Airs: Monday, May 17, 2010
Written by: Carter Bays & Craig Thomas

"The Wedding Bride" - When Ted takes a date to see a new hit movie, "The Wedding Bride," he is shocked to learn the story is loosely based on his life, and that it was written by Tony, the man Stella left him for at the altar, on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, May 17 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Judy Greer ("Love Happens") guest stars as Royce, Ted's date. Jason Lewis ("Sex and the City"), Malin Akerman ("27 Dresses") and Chris Kattan ("The Middle") guest star as the movie versions of Tony, Stella and Ted.

If there are any new terms or phrases that you spot this week, be sure to add them to our Lexicon thread!

A Carter & Craig episode at last! I have high hopes
Old 05-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Absolute Fan

I can't wait! I've been waiting for this ep for a while now.
sweetestsin1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds pretty good!
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Passionate Fan

I really liked this episode! Loved all the continuity with the red boots, how Ted pronounces encyclopedia, and the fight with the goat.

In my opinion, the movie was a total douchebag move. I mean seriously you got the girl, no need to rub it in Ted's face. But when Ted asks for a second chance with Royce, it was super adorable with the parallels with the movie. She was such a nice girl, too bad she had too much weird baggage! LOL.

Loved that Marshall is such a nice person. Added plus that it was all because of Ted's optimism. Love their friendship!

And of course, Barney always being the crude one. Definitely brings the humor. "Who the 'kiss' are you?". LOL.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

It really lowered my opinion of Stella. I was fine with her before but now I just don`t like her. I was really hoping for a confrontation between them but alas, it didn`t happen.

icon:goutdevodka
stumps101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved everything about this episode, definitely one of the best of the season.
The only thing I'm worried about (again) are the ratings (7.69 million). I'm afraid the next season might be the last if the numbers don't improve. CBS recently showed that they're not afraid of cutting some fairly popular shows.
Patu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

i think i laughed most at the final movie scene with barney and ted and royce. "more like burgundy." haha. a great episode!
-Beautiful Disaster- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:27 AM
Passionate Fan

was this the season finale?
Old 05-19-2010, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

Sammy - Nope, next week is the finale.

Patu - I know what you mean but it will help if they actually put it on for more than one week on, one week off next year! It's impossible for viewers to know what's happening!

That said, I adore the show, but if last season is the next, it's had a great run. I just want them to know far enough in advance that they can write a proper ending. It's not the kind of show that would work well being cancelled unexpectedly!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Elite Fan

Definitely a good episode I enjoyed it
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:33 AM
Passionate Fan

thanks Rach.

Yeah I agree, I prefer a last season where they can PLAN all the writing, instead of several seasons then an hurried finale.

Then again, I heard that they already shot an "end" with the mother explanation, with old!Ted and the kids during season 2, so they could use that if the show gets cancelled unexpectedly. but I'm not sure if this is just a urban legend.....or if it would work anyway!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

They definitely did that, they've said it in interviews - it was so they could stop the kids from aging if they ran for 10 seasons! All of the footage of the kids they use now is just reaction shots they shot in season 2, too.

I don't know if it's something they could shove in as an ending, though, especially if they were to get cancelled sometime in May when the finale has been filmed but not aired. I think it's just some kind of reaction from the kids, whereas they'd still need to have some stuff shot with the actual cast if it was going to wrap things up properly, I would think.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumps101 (View Post)
It really lowered my opinion of Stella. I was fine with her before but now I just don`t like her. I was really hoping for a confrontation between them but alas, it didn`t happen.
Totally with you on that one Sonal. It was a douchebag thing Tony did. He did end up getting the girl, and it's totally unfair that he cheapened all the sweet moments Ted had shared with Stella.

I used to kind of defend Stella for all she did before, but this wasn't cool. She knew what was happening, but she let it happen, and that's totally uncool.

Poor Ted. He didn't need that.

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Ellipsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:47 AM
Supreme Fan

I also dislike Stella now! Poor Ted didn't deserve this..

des; lj; icon.
crashintoyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yes, Ted didn't deserve that at all

Thing is, I also don't understand why Tony and Stella would do that you know ? He helped them get back together FFS so it makes no sense to me.

icon:goutdevodka
stumps101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread