Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Total Fan

Episode Discussion 4.12: Benefits

Promo!

Robin and Ted become "friends with benefits", finding it helps them get along better in the appartment; reality stars Heidi Montag, Spence Pratt, Kendra Wilkinson and Kim Kardashian taunt Marshall from the pages of the magazines.

Can't wait for tonight's episode!!!
Daph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Can't wait for the episode!

As much as I love the idea of Robin and Ted getting together, even with the whole 'friends with benefits', I'm afraid this is going to last only one episode and that will be it.

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

Yaaay, new episodes are back!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Rach, your icon is all kinds of awesome

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Hee! It motivates me through the day whenever I see it!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

A big for the new ep!

I'm interested in seeing how they work out this Ted/Robin thing.
madelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris (View Post)
Can't wait for the episode!

As much as I love the idea of Robin and Ted getting together, even with the whole 'friends with benefits', I'm afraid this is going to last only one episode and that will be it.
I know! I am excited about it but a little scared at how it will turn out.

But yay for new episodes even though this one does have all those annoying "famousforabsolutelynobloodyreason" people in it.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Total Fan

A new episode!
I'm so looking forward to this one! The promos look awesome!
Can't wait to see jealous!barney
Tery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris (View Post)
Me too, which is why I'm trying not to get too excited.
JLarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

OMG!!! Barney said "I love you" to Robin!!!

This episode was fantastic. Yes, the Ted/Robin re-hash was annoying, but talk about a BrOTP payoff.

Barney breaking the TV's And then buying the one just to break it. And buying all the milk and the new dishwasher... and the stamps!

Aws-ful... Afsume! Genius!

The celeb-retards didn't even need to be in the episode, IMO. But, I'm glad they were re-duced to talking magazine covers. And I found the term "reading a magazine" amusing, just as clever as "eating a sandwich"

Private Matter And Robin saying not to be a Ted when Lily corrected her. I love how the show is the king of continuity!

Barney at Lily's class - And Lily breaking the news about the kid's parents divorcing

credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Total Fan

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

This episode is definitely my favorite one this season and it's very close overall to Sandcastles in the Sand for me, which says a LOT! Seeing Barney finally admit his love for Robin to Ted was priceless. Loved how Ted reacted, he's a true friend, seeing that Barney has true and deep feelings. I can't wait to see what the rest of the season has in store for us... and I'll go gush about it in the B/R thread now

I really like the way they used the celebrity cameos! It was well done and funny and not annoying as I tought it would be.
Daph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

ugh.
i was totally in love with all the ted/robin scenes, but now im just sad. i really don't like barney and robin together and i just dont see them as a couple, i just dont.
i was disappointed in that respect.
Touldengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode was awesome!

Marshall's story was a bit boring but Jason Segel is funny no matter what. I love that Barney had a private bathroom all along

The Ted/Robin/Barney stuff was amazing though!

Barney saying "I love you" to Robin out loud but her not catching on was pure gold. NPH was awesome in that scene and Cobie played obvlivious so well.

And I love that Ted knows about Barney's feelings now! D

Great episode!

DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that Ted knows about Barneys feelings as well. And it came out in a great way and he handled it well. Shoot he cut it off with Robin because of Barney.

Neil was fantastic in this episode. Him breaking tvs and then going to the apratment to clean it up so there would be no more "fighting" and buying "10,000 stamps" He was great in the episode. The confessing of his love at the bar and then at ted and robins was great as well. I like that now Lily and Ted know. Pretty soon we all know Robin will find out.

The bathroom in barneys office was priceless. This who time Marshel has been worried about " the mag" and hre barney has had a private one. LOL.

Quote:
Private Matter And Robin saying not to be a Ted when Lily corrected her. I love how the show is the king of continuity!
I like that as well.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ohhh man, I feel a little like crying for Barney right this moment.
I am so happy Ted finally found out about Barney's feelings for Robin though, and he wasn't even upset! I was plesantly amazed! ^_^
Marshall's story was boring and somewhat gross at times but I guess some people probably find that kind of thing funny.
I loved the scene when Barney showed up in Lily's kindergarden class during feeling sharing that was hilarious.
Plus, the smashing of the TV's after buying brand new ones was funny as well. ^_^
This was a pretty good episode to me, they handled Robin and Ted having sex better than I thought they could. ^__^
So I was touched by some angst coming from Barney's end but overall it was still great plot and really funny. =D