Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion: 1.15 - Game Night

Season 1 - Episode 15: Game Night

Aired: February 27, 2006
Directed By: Pamela Fryman
Written by: Chris Harris (ll)

A mysterious tape arrives for Barney from one of his numerous ex-girlfriends, and the entire gang watches it. But, in order for them all to find out how she broke Barney's heart and made him into a suit-wearing bachelor, everyone must share their most embarrassing moment.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Crystal! I'll post my recap soon!
Old 10-12-2014, 05:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

This has always been one of my favorite episodes! I think you really start to see the chemistry the group has and how much that they care about each other because even though they really have no idea how to play marsh gammon, they sit with Marshall and try to learn because it means so much to him
Old 10-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

This episode always cracks me up. Back in the day Barney is hilarious. And that game
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 10-18-2014, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, Crystal! I'm here to do my recap of Game Night! Sorry it took me so long. Let me pop in the DVD.

Marshall is always good at games. He even yells "Poker!" during a poker game. And now he invents a game called "Mashgammon?" But Backgammon is apparently the only game it's not influenced by.

Uh oh, Victoria is coming to game night, and Robin isn't happy about that. And Ted didn't tell Victoria about him and Robin, and he doesn't want any of them to mention it. Ahhh, the beginning of the Robin/Ted/Victoria thing...... that would last straight through to season 8.

Barney's got a point. Ted expects him to be on his best behavior around Victoria, yet Ted has been lying to her about Robin.

Barney: "Hi, leg warehouse? Yeah, my friend, Ted, needs something to stand on." And now Barney's gonna tell them all about the story of the "re-return"?

Marshall and Lily have been like the parents that Ted still has and that he moved to New York to get away from.

Yeah, Robin. You said Victoria is great too many times, so you must really hate the bitch. Lily's awesome.
And no one understands what the hell the rules are to Marshgammon. But at least there's drinking involved every time anyone says "what."

Oh great, Victoria rolled a 3 and now she has to answer a question about her dating history. Nice going, Marshall! Has she ever cheating while in a relationship? How ironic.

Ahh, so she kissed another guy while in a lousy relationship in college, so she now advances to the gumdrop mountains. And Barney asked her if she ever "re-returned"? What does that mean?

Damn! Victoria said "what" and she's gotta drink.

OMG, someone named Shannon knows Barney? And apparently there's a tape? NPH's reactions are priceless.

Wait a minute..... Robin rolls a 5 and yet the person on her left, which just happens to be Victoria, has to answer another question? This is just Marshall making excuses to grill Victoria on her dating history.

Ohhhkaaayyy, first Robin calls Victoria a prude when she says she's only had two serious boyfriends, and then she calls her a **** when she says there were other guys in between?

Barney destroyed the tape, but it was actually Ted's graduation tape and Lily has the real one in her purse! And now Barney has to drink because he yelled "what?!!" I love this episode.

OMG, it's the tape of Barney back in his hippie greenpeace days singing to his old girlfriend who left him.

Back and MacLaren's, and no one's seen Barney in a while. And Ted just happens to be sitting between Victoria and Robin?

Now everyone wants to know what that videotape was all about. Apparently Barney's most humiliating moment ever. Oh good! Now Marshall has to tell Barney about his own most humiliating moment!

OMG, Marshall got caught in Lily's kindergarten class bathroom? So now Barney is gonna tell them all about his girlfriend, Shannon. Yeah, Neil, I'm sure you were just out of college in 1998.

OMG, Barney is totally like Phoebe in Friends in this episode. And there's his future boss!

Women aren't objects, they're human beings? Can this really be the same Barney Stinson?

Shannon never showed up to join Barney in the Peace Corps.

Come on! Marshall brought the spinning dial with him? And Ted is somehow winning? So now it's Robin's turn........

Nope, Robin's just retelling the story of how she slipped in horse poop. But Victoria's was so good Ted won't even tell his kids what it was! So Barney continues.......

Shannon it telling Barney that her dad won't let her go with him and that he should go without her, but she's lying. Barney catches her with someone he thinks is her dad, until they start kissing!

WHAAAAAATTT???!! BEEEP! They all have to drink now. Okay, now it's Lily's turn if they want to hear how this story ends.

Ewwww, Marshall's mom puts mayonnaise in her cookies? OMG! Lily never shut off the phone and Marshall's mom heard her insult her cookies, AND her and Marshall having sex on the floor! And on his mother's shawl!

Awww, Shannon isn't with her dad. It's Greg, the guy Barney got coffee for. And now it's time for Barney to "SUIT UP!"

The story's not over, though. And now it's Ted's turn to tell everyone about the "Re-return"!

Oh no... he has to tell Victoria about him and Robin and the night of their first date. And how it didn't end after he told Robin he loved her. Ranjit and Barney both agree that Ted should've kissed her, so they take him back to Robin's apartment where Ted goes to the door........ and is so drunk he throws up on her doormat.

Robin still thinks that it was sweet that Ted re-returned for her. And Barney now agrees that it wasn't a good idea that he told that story to Victoria.

So Barney went back to Shannon's place and she's now a single mom..... and he nailed her? And his life is awesome!

Of course, not every secret was told that night, but that's getting ahead of the story. So who bought that new doormat for Robin?

Another great episode! I really miss how great season one was!

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 10-18-2014 at 06:45 PM
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

The re-return. Heh.

That game just cracked me up.

Younger Barney was a hoot.

I'll get the next episode up tomorrow Season 1 really had some great episodes.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Reply   Post New Thread