Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2014, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion: 1.13 - Drumroll, Please

Season 1 - Episode 13: Drumroll, Please

Aired: January 23, 2006
Written by: Gloria Calderon Kellett

Ted finds a new woman at the wedding. They want to remember the evening so they don't exchange last names or numbers; but Ted takes a big fall when he tries to find out her name.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:33 PM
New Fan

I think I started watching the series just before season 3, so for me this episode was part of a binge. The kiss at the end of The Limo and the "plus one" drama in The Wedding had me excited. Ted finally gets his shot at the girl of his dreams. Then, at the end of The Wedding, a wrench gets thrown into Ted's plans; Robin gets called in to work for her first shot at the anchor desk. A great opportunity for Robin, but disappointment for me and everyone else who couldn't wait for the Ted/Robin story to begin. But wait, who is this beauty who has caught Ted's eye at the reception?

I was a fan of Buttercup aka Victoria from the very start, even if she was almost crazy enough to miss out on getting to know Ted. And I loved how the writers took the audience along for the ride as the gang pieced together the puzzle of Victoria's identity. She steals bouquets, does cartwheels, tapdances badly, comforts strangers crying in the bathroom, and "she made THAT cake!" My Ted/Robin disappointment was all but forgotten as Ted walks into the Buttercup Bakery dressed in his weekend sweats, Victoria mouths the words 'O thank God', and they share their first kiss.
sarcher99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for starting this new thread, Crystal! I'll try to post my recap as soon as possible!
Old 09-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, I'm back from my vacation and I'm ready to watch Drumroll Please! Sorry for double-posting, but no one posted after me on this thread, so I'll start the watch right now. Let me go put in my DVD.

More of future Ted's monologue. I don't know how Penny and Luke put up with this.

Barney is using his "Peace Corps." line to hit on a woman at the wedding.

Ted wanted this night to be his big moment with Robin, but she got called away to work. And now he locks eyes with Victoria!

Marshall and Lily can only talk about the wedding cake. And now Ted is telling them about meeting Victoria.

Oh really, Ted isn't giving her the moves? Victoria has already established that they're not going to sleep together. She's saying that they shouldn't spoil the moment by meeting up again after the wedding. She just wants to make a memory. Hmmm..... Ted's gonna do that a lot later on.

Ted's Lando Calerissian and Victoria is Buttercup? Too bad Barney just ruined that by saying Ted's name over and over again.

Ironic that Marshall can only talk about the wedding cake and it turns out that Victoria is the one who baked the cake.

Nice diversion on Ted's part to sneak out with Victoria and the bouquet. And now Victoria is dancing while Ted plays piano.

Lily wants to make all her bridesmaids go for her bouquet and shout "crawl for it, bitches!"

Ahh, so now I remember why this episode is called Drumroll Please. The lead up, or the drumroll is more important than the actual event. So Victoria only wants the lead-up to the kiss, but not to actually kiss.

Oh, great, so now Ted wants to find Victoria. And Marshall really needs to let go of the cake already. And now Ted called Claudia on her honeymoon to find out about Victoria. Not a good idea.

Of course there was no Victoria at the wedding, because she was the caterer! No, Marshall, Victoria is not a ghost.

Barney is about to enter Nirvana....... which is the name of his masseuse. Ted wants Barney to find the bridesmaid he hooked up with to find out where Victoria is. Ted is actually promising to go with him to Foxy Boxing.

Damn, Ted even remembers the type of shoes that Victoria wore? He held them while she did cartwheels. Brown shoes with little snowflakes on them. Damn, and Barney managed to hook up with Tanya again?

Okay, Ted is submitting to fate and deciding not to look for Victoria. But now Robin and Lily are about to have a conversation about the wedding. Lily told Robin about Victoria, and Robin knows who she is!

Robin was at the wedding. After the newscast she decided to surprise Ted by going to the reception and she saw him with Victoria. And she went to the ladies room and began crying. Awww...... does that sound like a woman who doesn't love Ted? She's really broken hearted. And now she's talking to Victoria about it.

Yes, Lily! You're totally right about Robin! Seeing Ted with someone else and crying shows you have feelings for him! Yeah, you don't wanna get married now, but that may change later on.

Great, so now Robin is going to tell Ted what happened. But what will she tell him? That she has feelings for him, or who Victoria is?

Claudia is pissed that they're not on their plane to their honeymoon yet. Victoria gave Robin the bouquet. And Claudia told Ted that that the bakery was called the Buttercup bakery. And Victoria told Robin that she baked the cake.

All Marshall wants is to get that cake again. Damn, Lily really wants Robin to tell Ted the truth about her feelings, but she instead told Ted to go after Victoria.

Ted and Victoria are dancing alone in the wedding reception room....... making a moment.

They all went to the Buttercup bakery to find Victoria, and again, Marshall just wants a cupcake.

Ted doesn't want the memory of watching Victoria walking out of the door, so she tells him to close is eyes and count to five. And now she's gone. Nice. She didn't ruin the moment.

Man, Ted really overthinks things. If he walks into the bakery he thinks he'll ruin the moment. Barney tells him the meter's running, crap or get off the pot.

Ted walked into the bakery, and Victoria threw herself in his arms. And so it begins, the looooong, Ted/Victoria storyline....... that always leads directly to Ted and Robin.

Okay, the episode is over! I can't wait for the next one!

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 09-06-2014 at 03:30 PM
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This was one of my favorite episodes from S1!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

This was a great one.

Marshall and his obsession with that cake

The whole ploy of Ted/Victoria was cute. And of course Ted had to over think it after he didn't want her name, that's just how Ted works.

Quote:
If he walks into the bakery he thinks he'll ruin the moment. Barney tells him the meter's running, crap or get off the pot.
This cracked me up. Seriously he thinks way to much
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread