Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2009, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

I quite often like to read the recaps of things at TWOP but the forums are just so nasty!
Old 10-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanam (View Post)
Haha. Some people just visit those sites to bash for the hell of it. Which is what I do on One Tree Hills sites even though I've stopped watching it. But can you seriously blame me? The show's gone on for too long.
LOL that's how I felt about ER!! I stopped watching years ago, but every year i said that show needs to die!!

The thing about these sites that Bash other ppl is that it feels very authoritative, and that you can't express your opinion. Not everyone is going to feel the same way, but it is important to feel like you can safely express your opinion without getting attacked.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just stay away from places like that because when I read bashing I feel the need to respond, but I hate responding because then you end up getting into an argument, and I get all worked up about it, and I just can't be bothered so I stay away in the first place, heh.

HIMYM is supposed to be a fun and happy fandom anyway! Drama when it comes to this show just seems so silly
Old 10-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the echo fades (View Post)
I just stay away from places like that because when I read bashing I feel the need to respond, but I hate responding because then you end up getting into an argument, and I get all worked up about it, and I just can't be bothered so I stay away in the first place, heh.
:
Exactly it's the same with me. It's better to stay away, I also think I'm just too old for that stuff anyway
Mulder&Scully//House&Cameron
Chuck&Sarah//Castle&Beckett
Old 10-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

You're absolutely right that HIMYM is supposed to be a happy place, too!

Old 10-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

I am all for friendly debates, but hostility is just not cool. I don't know what keeps drawing me to these boards though. I probably am just a drama junkie!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:30 AM
Elite Fan

I know what you mean, sometimes the drama is fun!

I think I go to those places in the hope I can change everybody's opinions. It never works though!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

We can't convince eople to change their opinions. They're gonna do it on their own
I've had experiences lately about people bitching about something and then just like that, they changed their mind and started loving it. CRA-ZY
Old 10-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

What I find hilarious whenever I read the HIMYM bashing is that my friend who started watching this season thinks its hilarious. Even if it isn't as funny as the first four seasons (which I disagree, I think there are good episodes and not so good episodes every season, for example I didn't like Woooo and that is what got them their emmy nom) it is still one of the strongest shows on TV right now
Old 10-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

and it's only been 5 episodes, and everyone loved Definitions. So basically based on four episodes it now sucks I just think if there's been any change in tone it is because of B/R, that has inevitably changed the dynamic of the show, and some people just haven't adjusted to to the change I guess. That's why I feel like the last ep was the best one of the last few because everyone was just being their awesome selves without the relationshippy drama. I like the BR focus because obviously I love them but I get why people who don't care about them wouldn't. But they just got together, people just have to accept that obviously they're going to be a big focus right now.

Mondays are no fun without a new ep
Old 10-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I avoid the drama as much as I can. I much prefer focusing on what I like about the show than focusing on those who have negative opinions about it.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

I know I have said this already, but I am repeating it! I do think that the BR thing has been a little too much for me. I liked how it played out last week because it wasn't the focus of the show and they were being their fun selves. Overall the episodes haven't been as funny, but I don't think that means BR need to break up and it will magically become funny again. I think craig and thomas should probably just shift the BR dynamic a little and just make it more fun

Last edited by Tobys1219; 10-26-2009 at 09:48 AM
Old 10-26-2009, 04:25 PM
New Fan

Hmm…. They have been really entertaining episodes. I think they have been pretty funny but some drama in the eps are nice. I really liked 3 because I thought the Robin 101 story was really strong. I also love 5 cause the focus was not on BR as a couple it was on Robin but offcourse it was Barney helping her though her drama (in his own way). The dynamic is different but growth is a good thing, I just want a bit more cute Ted dating then I’ll be happy.

Oh and the whole BR will turn Barney into Ted… well sexless innkeeper made me more worried that Ted would turn into Barney.

EDIT
there is no ep this week? how did i miss that.....

Last edited by Sapphire10; 10-26-2009 at 06:59 PM
Old 10-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

I LOVED Robin 101. I couldn't stop laughing!!!!!!!!

I think it shows how talented the writers are that they can make Barney in a relationship but stay Barney. I mean the whole im gonna drill you and than we will study thing, classic Barney!

Just as an aside my friend emailed me today because she caught The Stinsons tonight, and she never saw the show before and wanted me to explain the premise to her. I told her Barney wasn't the main character and she was shocked
Old 10-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Supreme Fan

I also loved 5x03 a lot. Though 5x04 was still my favourite. I KNOW it wasn't realstic but somehow it was fitting and idk... I just really, really loved it.

And being depressed together was soo adorable of our BrOTP.

des; lj; icon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread