Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

Ya exactly. He can't be selfish with her. It shows a lot about how much he loves her.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
Ya exactly. He can't be selfish with her. It shows a lot about how much he loves her.
Yea. I told my brother about the episode and was telling him how it made sense that Ted was upset and how I couldn't see the Mother living up to Robin because it is 8 years of hearing about his love for Robin. And he said that maybe in the end we'll find out that the story of how he met the Mother is his way of telling the kids that he loves Robin and is divorcing the Mother..My brother is not an avid watcher but he knows the show well enough because of me and I was like I've heard that theory before but to hear a non avid watcher say it... It gives me some false hope
Old 01-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by padfootsprincess02 (View Post)
Yea. I told my brother about the episode and was telling him how it made sense that Ted was upset and how I couldn't see the Mother living up to Robin because it is 8 years of hearing about his love for Robin. And he said that maybe in the end we'll find out that the story of how he met the Mother is his way of telling the kids that he loves Robin and is divorcing the Mother..My brother is not an avid watcher but he knows the show well enough because of me and I was like I've heard that theory before but to hear a non avid watcher say it... It gives me some false hope
I would love it if that happened
Old 01-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Now i really want this to happen. It coincides with the entire story Ted is telling his kids. This story is his explanation as to what is currently happening in the future. hmm...
Old 01-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

This video is amazing! It gave me goosebumps

Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Robin deserves better than to be married to a womanizer.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't know if this has been posted before, but i love it. The theme is lighter and happier.

[/QUOTE]
Old 01-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

^Aww, that's a great video, good song too. I really miss all the friendshipy TR scenes, hopefully they start writing them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerenafan (View Post)
Robin deserves better than to be married to a womanizer.
Now now, let's keep this a bash free zone.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Aw, thanks for the video. Love the voice-overs and the song
Old 01-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

what a great video! i love them.
i loved it when he was going to marry stella and robin blurted out that she basically still had feelings for him
we haven't seen anything from her perspective in a very long time, so id really like to eventually.
obviously barney and robin have to get married first... so idk if we ever will [unless there is a final twist]
Old 01-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Again great video i miss their scenes together

I agree, it's really hard to know what's going on in Robin's head !
Yes Barney/Robin have to get married first (and Ted be with the mother), but i think we could still have a little something for Ted/Robin at the wedding

And i still believe in a Ted/Robin ending

Bonnie&Damon - Sara&Neal - Clark&Lois - Ted&Robin - Buffy&Angel - Peyton&Lucas - Peeta&Katniss - Jaime&Brienne - Dom&Letty - Alex&Rosie
Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wanted Robin to be the mother. If she was the mother, it would be a twist ending. All this time he has beeen saying Aunt Robin, yet in the end it would be a shock.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

"Why I STILL ship Ted and Robin
This new season of HIMYM has brought us many new things. For Ted and Robin shippers, it has picked our hope up and then threw it down into a million pieces numerous times. But almost like a sick trick devised by the writers, they pick up the pieces over and over again. Since I thought this was going to be the final season, before they announced carrying on one more, I went back to season one and begun to rewatch it.

The first episode explains it all. Ted falls in love with Robin instantly. From the moment he met her, he knew it was love and that love has endured through 8 seasons. Every time Ted tries to move on, Robin is always in the back of his head and he will choose her over anyone, no matter how special they are supposed to be to him.

I think that with the mother being the “bass player” at the wedding, or maybe someone who meets him at the stop, or however they are going to explain it to us, is “supposed” to show us that Ted falls in love with the mother at first sight, maybe signifying he’s officially over Robin.

I don’t really think they know what they are doing. How is just one “love at first sight” moment going to replace that + the many years that he’s spent pining privately and openly about Robin. How are we supposed to just “forget” all of his feelings about her because he sees this women across a room just like he did with Victoria, Stella, and the many others he’s been with. It doesn’t make the mother anything special, just another one of Ted’s brief hookups.

If you go back to the first episode of season 1, there are so many clues that the only woman Ted will ever really love is Robin. He talks to Marshall about a speech he’s supposed to give at Ted’s future wedding to Robin. In a later season, Ted and Robin make a pact that if they aren’t married by a certain age that they will get married.

I know that all the theories and the timeline have canceled out any hope of Robin being the mother or the woman future Ted marries, I’m not one of those delusional shippers. But why? What amazing thing is the woman going to do to prove to us Ted loves her more or just as much as he’s loved Robin all these years. I know there are a bunch of shippers of the emotionless and forced relationship of Barney and Robin that will highly disagree with me, but why do the writers keep giving the hope that there will be something more there?"

- megantronx on Tumblr

Bonnie&Damon - Sara&Neal - Clark&Lois - Ted&Robin - Buffy&Angel - Peyton&Lucas - Peeta&Katniss - Jaime&Brienne - Dom&Letty - Alex&Rosie
Old 01-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

*Applaud* LuCe I totally agree with you there mostly on the fact that the writers don't make sense
Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

That's what I think too... They just keep bringing it up!!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread