Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2018, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, Mary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
Hi, Mary! Hi, Alex!

I wish they did add that in the finale! It would have been a nice touch

That is true Alex. I think she always wanted Ted. Further proof In “The Rough Patch” when Barney and Robin are breaking up he tries to make a 40 deal with her. She says “oh, I already have that deal with Ted” she could have went with Barney but she stuck with Ted
Hi, Amber!

Yep, I keep rewriting the finale even all these years later. And thanks for noticing that Robin told Barney about her 40 year deal with Ted. She did choose Ted over him when it came to long term. Perhaps she was keeping Ted open as an option no matter what, even when she was with Barney?
Old 08-02-2018, 10:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Haha me too. I have some fan fiction in my head perhaps I should give it a shot of writing it down. There isn’t enough Ted/Robin stories out there.

That’s what I think too. She knew her and Ted could make it work in the long term future as the reason for their breakup had nothing to do with unhappiness or lack of love. At her wedding it seemed to shake her up that the door on Ted was getting shut permanently (or so they thought). It seems like the desire or whatever it was for B didn’t really fuel until after she found out she was infertile.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

She didn't shut the door entirely on Ted, so you two are right. I think her desire for B faded a bit in Season 9 because how the wedding weekend went.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥true_crime_beauty64♥ (View Post)
She didn't shut the door entirely on Ted, so you two are right. I think her desire for B faded a bit in Season 9 because how the wedding weekend went.
Hi, Mary! I just meant that with her getting married the door on them getting back together was shut and it freaked her out. even that whole weekend her heart and mind was still on Ted
Old 08-03-2018, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks for agreeing, Mary. Yep, Robin always kept that door open just a crack, didn't she? And that weekend must've seemed endless for her as well.

Hi, Amber! Oh, I'd love some fan fic about Ted and Robin getting together! The writers certainly did leave a lot of loose ends that needed tying up.

I've been saying the same thing to people on YouTube for years, Amber. Man, I love having people who know exactly what I'm talking about. What I didn't like is that if Robin had those feelings she should've just been honest with B and not gone through with it, and then left after the wedding. That way when she finally returns to New York they could've resolved things a lot faster.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is because some people don't know how to correctly watch TV.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It is because some people don't know how to correctly watch TV.
OMG, you sound like me. Well, a lot of people have just forgotten what storytelling is supposed to be. They it's supposed to pay service to fanbases or shipping and not to the plot and characters.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Exactly! I tell people that the ending is in the pilot. I learned from Dawson’s Creek that focusing on shipping will leave you disappointed.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Some people are stupid.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's true. Mary.

Quote:
Exactly! I tell people that the ending is in the pilot. I learned from Dawson’s Creek that focusing on shipping will leave you disappointed.
That's a good observation, Amber. The writers foreshadowed their ending from the very beginning. I just wish they hadn't been so sloppy about it.

I never watched Dawson's Creek, but I learned not to focus on shipping after Beverly Hills, 90210.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Mary, I totally agree. They see what they want to see and when we point out the clues we are “pathetic Ted and Robin shippers”. Well, name calling doesn’t change the fact we were right

Alex,
Well my ship didn’t end up together on Dawson’s. My best friend and I still argue about it. She hates Ted and Robin too. We seem to disagree on all the ships
I love BH 90210! There is a certain ship I can’t stand (D/K) they remind me so much of (B/R) in HIMYM I knew that there was a reason the pilot was so focused on Robin. “See that girl I’m gonna marry her someday” “even if I was ready ok where is she?” “And there she was” to throw all that in there to lead to nothing would have been unsatisfying.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sorry, Amber. I've gone through the same thing. I hated Dylan/Kelly as well. I think both me and Mary are Brandon/Kelly shippers.

Oh, the hate we got from other HIMYM fans was terrible, I agree. Pathetic, delusional, etc. I try not to let it bother me anymore.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I'm sorry, Amber. I've gone through the same thing. I hated Dylan/Kelly as well. I think both me and Mary are Brandon/Kelly shippers.

Oh, the hate we got from other HIMYM fans was terrible, I agree. Pathetic, delusional, etc. I try not to let it bother me anymore.
I like Brandon/Kelly too and David/Val

I try not too either. I say my peace on YouTube and most of the time it shuts them up. I posted a nice comment on Ted and Robin and got 118 likes so far and not one negative comment which shocks me. there are a lot of us out there it’s just the haters are the loudest.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

I haven't watch that show.

It is so disappointing.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I guess you might be a bit young for 90210, Mary. It was on in the 90's.

Quote:
I like Brandon/Kelly too and David/Val

I try not too either. I say my peace on YouTube and most of the time it shuts them up. I posted a nice comment on Ted and Robin and got 118 likes so far and not one negative comment which shocks me. there are a lot of us out there it’s just the haters are the loudest.
I'm glad you liked Brandon and Kelly, Amber! But David and Val? Wow. Not a fan of Donna, I guess?

It's great that your comment got that many likes. I've posted pro-Ted/Robin comments as well, and for all the hate I sometimes get from other fans, they can't deny all the likes my comments get, which is the reason why so many people can see my comments.