Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2018, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yep.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wished they had more of those moments near the end instead of rushing everything to the climax.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly!
Old 10-15-2018, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love this one.

source
Old 10-16-2018, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same here.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And I think everyone forgot about the significance of the "olive theory."

source

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 10-16-2018 at 05:08 PM
Old 10-17-2018, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes.

Too bad he was blonde there.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:59 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hello! Welcome to the board! I'm glad to see another Ted/Robin fan! I'm Alex, and it's nice to meet you!
Hey Alex!
Sorry for the late response. I don't really check this site every day :p

But yh HIMYM is my favorite show by far tx to Robin & Ted.

I would love if there was like a mini season 10 now where we have a buildup to the wedding of Robin & Ted. Lily & Marshall having always some small issues like they have the entire series.
Barney maybe finding 'The One'.

Haters be like Barney :p
My reaction be like everyone else
Old 10-17-2018, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥true_crime_beauty64♥ (View Post)
Yes.

Too bad he was blonde there.
Yeah, that blonde hair looks kind of silly. I think it was a wig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPotato (View Post)
Hey Alex!
Sorry for the late response. I don't really check this site every day :p

But yh HIMYM is my favorite show by far tx to Robin & Ted.

I would love if there was like a mini season 10 now where we have a buildup to the wedding of Robin & Ted. Lily & Marshall having always some small issues like they have the entire series.
Barney maybe finding 'The One'.
Hi, there! Nice to see you again!

It's okay. I know that life gets in the way. Thanks for posting again!

Yep, Ted and Robin are what got me into HIMYM as well. And that's a really great idea! I actually said that if I were writing season 9 I'd have the wedding only take place over the course of 7 or 8 episodes, and then spend the rest of the season showing all of the future events that eventually lead up to Lily and Marshall going to Italy, Marshall becoming a federal judge, and Ted and Robin reuniting and eventually getting married. Oh, and I also said that Quinn should've been the mother of Barney's child and she could be "the one" for him.

Thanks for that gif! That's my reaction too.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:52 AM
New Fan

I've read a bit through this thread and I must say, I have never met such a good fanbase of this ship as this one

I think you guys nearly are right about everything.
But somethings I disagree (no disrespect )

I really wanted them to stay together but basically the show was right in its ways.
Somethings needed to happen before Robin & Ted could be happy together.
Ted wanted kids. Robin didn't (well what she thinks I believe).
That's why she made the 40 deal (technically after 40 no kids but evolution these days ).
And like you guys said it, why she said 'NO' to Ted in 'No Pressure'.
She loved Ted but like he said:

So personally I think they are right to let Robin not tell Ted why she said 'NO' at the wedding weekend. Ted still didn't have kids. Just before the wedding she submits to her feelings but then it is Ted who realises it is not the best timing.

And too bad life kicks her in the balls when she turned 40, when she knew the 40 deal would give her back Ted, she founds out that the guy she should have ended up with is happy with the beautiful mother of his children.

But somehow (not to be disrecpectful) the Universe made sure they got together in the end. An ending I even foresaw in the pilot episode
Old 10-18-2018, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good points.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, MisterPotato! Do you want us to call you that, or by your real name?

Awww, thank you for saying that! We like to think we are a great fanbase here, if limited to just me, Mary, and Amber, when she's around. We haven't heard from her in a while.

Thanks for agreeing with us about most of what we said. And you do make good points, and I do agree that both Ted and Robin needed to go through what they went through before they could be ready to be together. But I think it might've been easier on the viewers if the writers had explained Robin's reasons for telling Ted "no" in 'No Pressure' so we didn't have other fans keep telling us that "Robin doesn't love Ted," which was frustrating. It might've helped the finale go down better with many fans as well. But I do get what you're saying. I don't think they needed to explain it during the wedding, but maybe later on in the future, after Ted had his family?

I'm glad you were able to foresee the ending as well. I did the same thing. And thanks for those gifs!
Old 10-20-2018, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
But I think it might've been easier on the viewers if the writers had explained Robin's reasons for telling Ted "no" in 'No Pressure' so we didn't have other fans keep telling us that "Robin doesn't love Ted," which was frustrating. It might've helped the finale go down better with many fans as well. But I do get what you're saying. I don't think they needed to explain it during the wedding, but maybe later on in the future, after Ted had his family?
I think that would have helped us out from getting arguments from fans.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Definitely, Mary. I didn't need the headaches from other fans arguing with me over this.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

We have our lives to worry about. We don't need delusional fans adding more stress into it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread