Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2018, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, Robin will always be jealous of the women Ted dates. That is why Victoria broke things off with him. She knew that Ted would choose Robin over her.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Alex, that is a good point about Marshall. I didn’t think of it in terms of him and Lily.

yes, it was weird that Lily didn’t ask Marshall to pay up at the wedding. Remember how certain she would win every other time? She didn’t mention it once.

Mary, you are so right. She did show a lot of jealousy towards those woman. In the episode “Three Days Rule” Robin even shows some jealousy towards the woman Ted is dating and that episode is only a few away from her dating Barney.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's true, Mary. I also think that Victoria was jealous of Robin.

That's right, Amber. Lily didn't ask Marshall to pay up at the wedding. I guess she either forgot or was still uncertain after what happened at Ted and Stella's wedding?

Man, I don't remember Three Days Rule. I really need to go back and rewatch more than just the first two seasons.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't remember much about The Three Day Rule. I only have the first 4 seasons, and Netflix took HIMYM off of it.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Alex, that's a possibility..I like to think Lily and Marshall didn't have faith in that relationship

In the Three Days Rule episode Barney and Marshall made Ted promise to not call the girl (cant remember her name) he likes for 3 days. Barney and Marshall tell Robin how they were afraid Ted would act the same way he did on his first date with Robin..She said something along the lines of " I was a special case and this girl is no Robin Scherbatsky" then started making fun of her hair. At the end of the episode when the girl showed up at the bar Robin looked disappointed when the she was talking about how much she liked Ted.

I watch this show too much

Mary, do you have Hulu? All nine seasons are on there
Old 01-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm pretty sure that Lily and Marshall had their doubts about that relationship given you know who's track record. And Ted should've known better as well. All that talk he gave to Robin on her wedding day and it was all for nothing.

Ohhh, thanks for the info, Amber! Another example of Robin never having completely gotten over Ted. Man, I really need to watch more back episodes, but I get depressed after season 2 ends. It takes a long time to get to the happy ending.

No, you don't watch this show too much, Amber.

Damn, that sucks about Netflix, Mary. There's nothing else you can watch it on?
Old 01-27-2018, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

No, I do not have a HULU account because I don't want to spend any money on it.

I just got done watching Ted Mosby, Architect.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I'm pretty sure that Lily and Marshall had their doubts about that relationship given you know who's track record. And Ted should've known better as well. All that talk he gave to Robin on her wedding day and it was all for nothing.

Ohhh, thanks for the info, Amber! Another example of Robin never having completely gotten over Ted. Man, I really need to watch more back episodes, but I get depressed after season 2 ends. It takes a long time to get to the happy ending.

No, you don't watch this show too much, Amber.

Damn, that sucks about Netflix, Mary. There's nothing else you can watch it on?
Yes, a terrible track record indeed. It always bugged me that she was so ready to run off with him but continued on with the wedding like nothing had happened. Although, they did share that look during the ceremony.

I get depressed after season 2 as well but there are still a lot of great Ted and Robin moments to come also, with each rewatch you notice new things.

Mary, Ted Mosby:Architect is a great episode. I enjoyed the end it was such a sweet moment.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amethyst* (View Post)
No, I do not have a HULU account because I don't want to spend any money on it.

I just got done watching Ted Mosby, Architect.
Really? You have to spend money on Hulu?

Ted Mosby, Architect is a great episode. It's an example of the twist ending that the writers always use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
Yes, a terrible track record indeed. It always bugged me that she was so ready to run off with him but continued on with the wedding like nothing had happened. Although, they did share that look during the ceremony.

I get depressed after season 2 as well but there are still a lot of great Ted and Robin moments to come also, with each rewatch you notice new things.
Hi, Amber! Yeah, Robin's actions all through the end of season 8 and all through season 9 showed that she really didn't know what she wanted. And did they share a look during the ceremony? I was too depressed to notice.

Yes, I agree that there were other great Ted/Robin moments after season 2. The Burning Beekeeper was one, and Symphony of Illumination was another. And I did like the ending of Doppelgangers in season 5.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed seeing Robin's jealousy in that episode. It made her realize how golden Ted was to her, and that she should be more sympathetic towards his work rants because of his dumbass boss. SHe should only be the person who he vents to all the time (aside from Marshall). He was the first man she got jealous over.

I thought by using Hulu would cost money like VUDU. Does it cost money to sign up?

I would also like to think the reason why Lily didn't ask Marshall to pay up was that they didn't have much faith that Barney&Robin would last considering their history and the way Barney is.

that's love bitch
Old 01-28-2018, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, seeing Robin freak out over the idea that Ted might be cheating on her was hilarious. And it was important because you could tell she'd never felt that way before. And she became the first one to see his skyscraper design.

I think I agree with you about Lily as well. Although it was sad to see Marshall cave after Ted married Tracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amethyst* (View Post)
I thought by using Hulu would cost money like VUDU. Does it cost money to sign up?
I wouldn't know if it cost money, Mary. I never used it.

Thanks for those gifs! That was Symphony of Illumination, right?
Old 01-28-2018, 09:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, she went all over the city trying to track him down and he was at work the whole time even Lily should have known Ted wouldn’t cheat I always compare that episode to Sunrise when her fiancé went missing and she couldn’t have cared less because she was with Ted

Hulu is about $10 a month but it has commercials. We canceled our cable and use Hulu and Netflix.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't afford that now. Once I'll get a job, I'll consider it.

Yes, those gifs are from THe Symphony of Illusion.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope you get something soon, Mary. And thanks, that was one of my favorite Ted/Robin moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
Yes, she went all over the city trying to track him down and he was at work the whole time even Lily should have known Ted wouldn’t cheat I always compare that episode to Sunrise when her fiancé went missing and she couldn’t have cared less because she was with Ted

Hulu is about $10 a month but it has commercials. We canceled our cable and use Hulu and Netflix.
Hi, Amber!

Yeah, of course Lily knew Ted wouldn't cheat. And OMG, I just realized that! Robin went looking all over town for Ted when she thought he might be cheating on her, but when Barney went missing on their wedding day she spent the night walking on the beach with Ted. Good call!

OMG, Hulu costs that much?
Old 01-30-2018, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think that Lily wanted to see Robin go all crazy jealous over Ted, and that's why Lily went along with the whole tracking Ted down thing. It made Robin realize how valuable Ted was, and important partners venting to each other was.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread