Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2017, 05:09 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 134,541
Blue French Horn Lovers|Full Circle|Endgame [T📯R] #19: Because Cobie cried when she read about Ted and Robin's reunion in the finale script!

{ ; 19 }

Welcome to the Ted + Robin appreciation thread




❝ Maybe it’s dumb to look for signs from the universe.
Maybe the universe has better things to do. Maybe there aren’t any signs.
Maybe we don’t have to give meaning to every little thing. Maybe we don’t
need the universe to tell us what we really want.
Maybe we already know that, deep down. ❞


_____________________________________________________________________



Him
Theodore Evelyn Mosby is portrayed by Josh Radnor. In 2030, Ted sat down to tell
his kids the story of how he met their mother. Beginning in 2005, Ted's meandering
journey has taken him through many failed relationships, including being left at the
altar. But the architect-turned-professor isn't giving up on his search for the perfect woman.



Her
Robin Charles Scherbatsky, Jr. is portrayed by Cobie Smulders. She is a
Scotch-drinking, cigar-smoking, gun-toting Canadian pop-star-turned-journalist-turned-
morning-show-host. Robin befriended the gang in 2005 after an awkward date with Ted
Mosby. She is the fiercely independent woman of the group who also has a hidden soft side.
____________________________________________________________________


+












+


Kids, your Aunt Robin never became a pole-vaulter, but she did become
a famous journalist, a successful businesswoman, a world traveler. She was even briefly
a bullfighter— that’s a funny story, I’ll get to that one later. But there’s one thing your
Aunt Robin never was. She was never alone.



01. Because they will always love each other
02. Because they lived together
03. Because even on the first date, ted knew he loved robin
04. Because they share a special bond
05. Because they will never love anyone like they love each other
06. Because of the olive theory
07. Because they're grrrreat
08. Because he doesn't need the perfect girl he has her
09. Because they were going to move to Aregentia
10. Because she lost her i-love-you-ginity to him
11. Because he made it rain for her
12. Because she got rid of her dogs for him
13. Because they moved in together for at least a day
14. Because blue french horns rock
15. Because they're still friends
16. Because they ended up dancing at prom together
17. Because she could have been the girlfriend from Canada he told everyone about
18. Because she's Aunt Robin, the one that got away and mattered
19. Because Ted is a good kisser; and he's got references!
20. Because she's "the most important person in his life"
21. Because they were so happy when they got together that Barney read it on their faces
22. Because she would have wished his mother wanted her to have kids with him
23. Because his parents love her!
24. Because he threw three parties in a row just for her to show up
25. Because there is no off switch
26. Because even though we know Robin is not the Mother, we can't help it but love these two together
27. Because Robin not being the Mother does not mean they are not endgame!
28. Because love is not about what they want, it's about how they feel
29. Because if she were to have anybody's babies, it would be his babies
30. Because he would've stolen her a whole orchestra



+ Songs that remind us of TR
01. This modern love - Bloc Party // 02. Inside of love - Nada Surf // 03. Live Forever -
Oasis // 04. How to fight loneliness - Wilco // 05. I think she knows (interlude) - Justin
Timberlake // 06. Welcome home - Radical Face // 07. You will never know - Imany //
08. Dosed - Red hot chili peppers // 09. Sunrise - Norah Jones // 10. Swallowed in the
sea - Coldplay // 11. Buttercups - Fran Healy // 12. Cigarettes and coffee - Otis Redding
// 13. A drop in the ocean - Ron Pope // 14. Wonder Dummied - Brooke Waggoner //
15. I want to hold your hand - The Beatles // 16. Closing Time - Semisonic // 17. Look
after you - The Fray // 18. Mother of pearl - Roxy Music // 19. Highway to hell - AC/DC



Shippers:
01. gizzie_fan
02. Flowers
03. Trip & Run
04. *~*Rach*~*
05. coolzie
06. shiftmyshape
07. You. Yes. You.
08. Evil Poptart
09. no limits (Before lost soul)
10. Touldengal
11. LALEY-FOREVER
12. BabyBirdd
13. LukaAbbyLover
14. Cris
15. Yellow n Blue402
16. Whatsername
17. Heidielle
18. esra
19. youvegotwings
20. Lor-baby
21. Dreamscape12
22. ilovemcsteamy
23. spicegirl_mel&makslover13
24. Jackie85
25. hlgreenie
26. njbrc
27. ruenschen
28. Ali Marie
29. Floveleyton
30. jules166
31. niam
32. constance27
33. JLarah
34. HoneyBunnyAnne
35. Lovemachine
36. -diana-
37. She Screams In Silence
38. PhoenixRising
39. ale-la-pazza1
40. rt33wrestler
41. Polish Princess
42. bokayjunkie
43. cociOC
44. Ellipsis
45. leyton4ever!
46. LuCe60
47. BRoody
48. Edelyn
49. lies and lullabies
50. upthemorning
51. BrightYellow
52. WalaBridget
53. Suddenly Enlightened
54. coconut16
55. kjella
56. nililah
57. bRo_LoVe
58. LulubeeDavis
59. Natih Fate
60. B. Chambers
61. Cookie
62. girlyshorty85
63. Kiane
64. aeiou
65. sepideh T
66. Greysaholic
67. meya
68. tatablp
69. naty1986
70. CrashandBurn9
71. AmericanDirrty
72. here_&_there
73. SaraSidleStokes
74. AbsyntheMinded
75. loganandroryforever
76. 4biddenluv
77. Kayless
78. lostie86
79. WiewioRproductions
80. @l3jandra
81. PaceNJoForever
82. heyitsrachel
83. Ali2011
84. mariparker
85. xbecca
86. marymr22
87. iNevergirl
88. Lorelai82
89. sprezzature
90. *Amethyst*
91. StarryEyedSandy
92. kika_m
93. Subject87
94. bluebullet
95. julia in wonderland
96. murphyboy11
97. rachade
98. Eclarexdelena
99. Aris
100. chaos blues
101. cimbay
102. Charmed Slayer Angel
103. Full◎Circle
104. hawkshockey91
105. Nadine
106. MajorPleasure
107. Full Hearts
108. Wait-For-It
109. Dagenspear
110. life-and-roses
111. MiniElky
112. Captivating
113. Lucresiare
114. stlavin95
115. Purplerose82
116. Ropetuned



Friendship Appreciaters
1. *Willy*
2. Sparkleyღ
3. WeBuiltThePyramids
4. SaraSidleStokes
5. Lorelai82
6. topherkraz78



Previous Threads

Ted/Robin #1 B/C No matter what they said, they're meant to be!!
Ted/Robin#2 : "Because love is not about what they want, it's about how they feel"
Blue French horn lovers {T♥R} #3: Because this kind of feeling just doesn't go away.
Blue French horn lovers {T♥R} #4 : because all her I love yous to him were real
Blue French Horn Lovers {T♥R} #5: Bc after all these years, it's still for you, I skip a heartbeat when we meet.
Blue French Horn Lovers {T♥R} #6: Ted Scherbatsky! He'll take her name, he doesn't care.
Blue French Horn Lovers {T♥R} #7: She's his backup wife, he's her best man. (And she wishes he was a dude.)
Blue French Horn Lovers {T♥R} #8 - Because Marshall doesn't want to pay Lily up yet.
Blue French Horn Lovers {T♥R} #9 - Because "I don't want perfect. I want Robin."
Blue French Horn Lovers {T♥R} #10: Because Robin asked Lily, "Why isn't Ted marrying me?"
No Closure {T♥R} #11: "I really hope you get her someday."
Blue French Horn Lovers {T♥R} #12: B/c Ted&Robin's love will always be immortal.
Endgame {T♥R}#13 : B/c Ted and Robin's love will last forever
Blue French Horn Lovers|Full Circle|Endgame [T📯R] #14 - This is the story of how Ted is totally in love with Robin.
Blue French Horn Lovers|Full Circle|Endgame [T📯R] #15: Because after many years, they found their way back to one another.
Blue French Horn Lovers|Full Circle|Endgame [T📯R] #16: Because they have "Major Chemistry!"
Blue French Horn Lovers|Full Circle|Endgame [T📯R] #17: Because this is the true story of how he met Aunt Robin!
Blue French Horn Lovers|Full Circle|Endgame [T📯R] #18: Because Ted and Robin kept their 40 year pact!





__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 10-09-2017 at 05:17 PM
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:14 PM
  #2
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 134,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
true, why keep bring them up if it wasn't going to happen? I was reading all the comments on the wiki page before the finale. I couldn't help but laugh at all the "ugh give it up Ted and Robin shippers. The writers already said it's not gonna happen" posts. Then reading it after "I can't believe they lied" " it doesn't make any sense". Many seemed to ignore the clues cause they didn't want it to happen. Season 9 was written the way it was for a reason... the whole locket story was pretty much slapping you in the face with it.


Bummer for them the first two seasons were the best!

I moved your post to this new thread, Amber.

Oh, those Ted/Robin haters were so condescending. I got into so many fights on YouTube with them, and they all kept telling me I was delusional. You can imagine how much fun I had with them after the finale. Too bad my replies to their comments are probably all buried on YouTube somewhere.

Yeah, those first two seasons were the best. That's the story Bays and Carter really wanted to tell.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:43 PM
  #3
Part-Time Fan
 
Purplerose82's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I moved your post to this new thread, Amber.

Oh, those Ted/Robin haters were so condescending. I got into so many fights on YouTube with them, and they all kept telling me I was delusional. You can imagine how much fun I had with them after the finale. Too bad my replies to their comments are probably all buried on YouTube somewhere.

Yeah, those first two seasons were the best. That's the story Bays and Carter really wanted to tell.
Haha come on over to reddit..it's a lot of fun over there! it's funny to me that they complain about Ted taking to long to get over Robin but isn't it taking them a long time to get over the finale?!

Exactly! And what an awesome story it was

Thanks for the new thread btw
Purplerose82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:56 PM
  #4
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 134,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
Haha come on over to reddit..it's a lot of fun over there! it's funny to me that they complain about Ted taking to long to get over Robin but isn't it taking them a long time to get over the finale?!

Exactly! And what an awesome story it was

Thanks for the new thread btw

You're welcome, Amber!

I've never been to reddit. But is it really fun to watch people complain about Ted and Robin? Have you explained to any of them what I told people on YouTube?
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:32 PM
  #5
Part-Time Fan
 
Purplerose82's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
You're welcome, Amber!

I've never been to reddit. But is it really fun to watch people complain about Ted and Robin? Have you explained to any of them what I told people on YouTube?
lol I didn't mean literally fun..there are quite a few Ted and Robin shippers on there we just get downvoted if we dare say anything nice about them and the ending. I've mentioned parts of your argument and all they can is is "well they shouldn't have spent so much time telling us how bad they were for each other and how great B and R were" haha please
Purplerose82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:54 AM
  #6
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 134,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
lol I didn't mean literally fun..there are quite a few Ted and Robin shippers on there we just get downvoted if we dare say anything nice about them and the ending. I've mentioned parts of your argument and all they can is is "well they shouldn't have spent so much time telling us how bad they were for each other and how great B and R were" haha please
Okay, that part of the argument I agree with. Bays and Thomas were a little too zealous with their misdirection and their narrative about how people change over time, and how people might not be right for each other at one point in their lives, but then as they grow and change over time they end up being right for each other later on. Yeah, we get it. But I do agree that the writers overdid it, as well as overplaying their misdirection for the sake of a surprise ending. They needed to lead up to Ted and Robin getting back together a bit better and not waste so much time with that other pairing, you know?
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:58 AM
  #7
Part-Time Fan
 
Purplerose82's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Okay, that part of the argument I agree with. Bays and Thomas were a little too zealous with their misdirection and their narrative about how people change over time, and how people might not be right for each other at one point in their lives, but then as they grow and change over time they end up being right for each other later on. Yeah, we get it. But I do agree that the writers overdid it, as well as overplaying their misdirection for the sake of a surprise ending. They needed to lead up to Ted and Robin getting back together a bit better and not waste so much time with that other pairing, you know?
Well, I agree to a certain extent. They didn't work because of life goals. That was really the main obstacle. It's when people say they were incompatible. I feel that Ted brought out Robins soft and emotional side where as the other relationship made her an insecure, screaming hot mess. It was a missed opportunity in season 9 to put more focus on Ted and Robin but I guess they couldn't make their endings to obvious
Purplerose82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:01 PM
  #8
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 134,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
Well, I agree to a certain extent. They didn't work because of life goals. That was really the main obstacle. It's when people say they were incompatible. I feel that Ted brought out Robins soft and emotional side where as the other relationship made her an insecure, screaming hot mess. It was a missed opportunity in season 9 to put more focus on Ted and Robin but I guess they couldn't make their endings to obvious
Yep, that's also something I agree with. Ted and Robin did complement each other and brought out the best in each other. Did I ever show you this article?

How I Met Your Mother: Why Ted had to end up with Robin - Hypable
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:55 PM
  #9
Part-Time Fan
 
Purplerose82's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yep, that's also something I agree with. Ted and Robin did complement each other and brought out the best in each other. Did I ever show you this article?

How I Met Your Mother: Why Ted had to end up with Robin - Hypable
Hi, Alex

Thanks for the article! It was spot on! I’m gonna show it to people when they tell me the ending doesn’t make sense. It makes me sad that people don’t see the beauty in it. All the clues would have been for nothing had it ended another way..not to mention boring. Wouldn’t another clue be that Bob Saget was the narrator? After all he started in a hit show where he played a widower who struggled with moving on from his late wife..hmmm
Purplerose82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:17 PM
  #10
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 134,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
Hi, Alex

Thanks for the article! It was spot on! I’m gonna show it to people when they tell me the ending doesn’t make sense. It makes me sad that people don’t see the beauty in it. All the clues would have been for nothing had it ended another way..not to mention boring. Wouldn’t another clue be that Bob Saget was the narrator? After all he started in a hit show where he played a widower who struggled with moving on from his late wife..hmmm
Hi, Amber! And you're welcome!

I'm glad this article will be able to help you. And while I agree with you, I do think that the final season stretch(the wedding) kinda soured the ending a little for people, so I do understand. I wish that they hadn't spent so much time on that and spent more time on explaining how Ted and Robin slowly get back together.

Oh, and did you follow me on Google+ again? I can't remember if you already did or just subscribed to my YouTube channel. Or do you have more than one account?
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:24 PM
  #11
Part-Time Fan
 
Purplerose82's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Amber! And you're welcome!

I'm glad this article will be able to help you. And while I agree with you, I do think that the final season stretch(the wedding) kinda soured the ending a little for people, so I do understand. I wish that they hadn't spent so much time on that and spent more time on explaining how Ted and Robin slowly get back together.

Oh, and did you follow me on Google+ again? I can't remember if you already did or just subscribed to my YouTube channel. Or do you have more than one account?

Yeah, I get that part to. In all honesty the show went on longer than it should have. It was more about the money in the end and the show suffered for it. I am on the 9th season now and I’m struggling to get through it..I’ll probably just watch the Ted/Robin ones

Yes, that is me. I had to delete my other account due to issues with it. I meant to tell you in my previous post
Purplerose82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:59 PM
  #12
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 134,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
Yeah, I get that part to. In all honesty the show went on longer than it should have. It was more about the money in the end and the show suffered for it. I am on the 9th season now and I’m struggling to get through it..I’ll probably just watch the Ted/Robin ones

Yes, that is me. I had to delete my other account due to issues with it. I meant to tell you in my previous post
Hi, Amber! Oh, you had problems with your old account? Thanks for following me again.

You're watching the 9th season? I just skip over that and go right to the finale. I actually just watch the important episodes like Platonish, Sunrise, and The Locket.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:45 PM
  #13
Part-Time Fan
 
Purplerose82's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Amber! Oh, you had problems with your old account? Thanks for following me again.

You're watching the 9th season? I just skip over that and go right to the finale. I actually just watch the important episodes like Platonish, Sunrise, and The Locket.
Yeah, so I lost all my YouTube comments oh well I can go back and make better arguments now

I tried to watch the whole series again but there are some episodes I can’t sit through so I skip them. Season 9 is pretty bad so I ended up skipping most of it and started at Platonish. I hate what they did to Robins character and she’s pretty difficult to watch except her scenes with Ted..she’s a different person. I’m wondering if that was intentional. I really like Sunrise they did some amazing acting in that episode
Purplerose82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:22 PM
  #14
Fan Forum Star

 
PhoenixRising's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 134,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
Yeah, so I lost all my YouTube comments oh well I can go back and make better arguments now

I tried to watch the whole series again but there are some episodes I can’t sit through so I skip them. Season 9 is pretty bad so I ended up skipping most of it and started at Platonish. I hate what they did to Robins character and she’s pretty difficult to watch except her scenes with Ted..she’s a different person. I’m wondering if that was intentional. I really like Sunrise they did some amazing acting in that episode
Oh no, you lost all your YouTube comments? Including the ones you gave me?

Well then I expect you to go back and reply to my comments all over again.


Yeah, I have the same issue. I normally stick to seasons 1 and 2 because they have all the great Ted and Robin stuff. After season 2 you really have to look for good Ted and Robin stuff here and there. The Burning Beekeeper is a good one. So is Doppelgangers, and Benefits. Oh, and Sunrise, of course.

Well, I wouldn't put it past Bays and Thomas to deliberately make Robin that way as part of their misdirection to keep audiences from guessing that Robin would end up with Ted in the end. I get the storyline because it's the same as the movie Definitley, Maybe. But the way they did it got annoying.
__________________
In Loving Memory of Christine Dettloff(cheekymonkey503). Rest In Peace, Dear Cheekymonkey. ~ Alex
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:11 PM
  #15
Part-Time Fan
 
Purplerose82's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 397
Hi, Alex sorry I haven’t been active on here. I’ve been working a lot but I have some downtime now

Yeah, I lost all my comments but if I can find some of yours I’ll comment

Oh, The Burning Beekeeper is a good one. A lot of people don’t like it but I think it’s a great episode. It was a clue of what was to come in season 7

Their misdirection did get out of hand. I wish they stayed focus on the endgame a little more. I never saw Definitely, Maybe but I’ll have to check it out now.
Purplerose82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
How I Met Your Mother Fan Site
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.