Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2017, 07:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Amber! It's okay, I had a busy weekend too.

Good point about Lily not asking Marshall to pay up at Robin's wedding. I guess Lily had doubts about whether Robin would stay married, huh? Marshall actually didn't pay up until Ted married Tracy, but then he got his money back in the deleted scene from the finale when Lily finally had to pay up.

Awww, you're always welcome here, Amber. I know, I've seen other sites and the haters over there can get really nasty. I'll admit that we had some issues here on this board as well after the finale aired, and we lost a lot of regular posters, but we're still here. And Ted being emotionally abusive to Robin? Total BS. I've never been to Reddit, but I am surprised that they're still going on and on about this over there.
Yes she must have! All the other times she was so sure of herself but during the wedding not so much..I love that deleted scene where Lily paid up..we always knew she would the diner one is my favorite tho. they should have left both in. Someone made a re-cut of the finale and added in the deleted scenes along with flashbacks of Ted and Robin and it makes it so much better! Here it is if you are interested https://vimeo.com/123368588

Thank you for making me feel so welcome here Reddit has nice people but some like to dispute the facts and talk about how horrible the ending was and all that. All I can ask is "then why are you still here?"
Purplerose82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Amber! OMG, I work tomorrow and then two more days off. I'm also hoping to get Memorial Day weekend off.

Ohh, I always wished someone could edit the finale and add all the deleted scenes. Thanks, Amber! I can't believe that Bays and Thomas cut all that out! It explains the ending! And how could they cut out Lily paying up? They should've just made the final an hour and a half long.

You're very welcome, Amber. And I'm glad that you're here because the Ted/Robin thread hasn't been very active since the finale. A lot of fans preferred that other couple and this thread kinda got ignored for a while. And those people at Reddit need to chill. It's been three years already!
Old 04-25-2017, 03:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi, Alex! Yay for days off! I hope you get memorial weekend off!

You're welcome! Oh, the Marshall/Lily scene is after the cast credits at the end it confirms that they do in fact end up together. I've heard people say it was an open ending

What a bummer that people aren't active on here anymore. I've noticed this one has a lot less threads than other couples. . I don't get why the other couple is so popular. Dysfunction makes good tv I guess?. It will always be Ted and Robin for me

I know! they are so hard on Ted over there. They can complain all they want but it doesn't change the ending
Old 04-25-2017, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Amber! I hope so too!

I just watched the vid. I loved the flashback sequences. They really did put things into better context. And I was kinda wondering where they'd put the Marshall/Lily scene. Right before the credits and right after the cast titles was a good idea.

How can anyone think it was an open ending? The fact that they even filmed the scene shows that they do end up together.

I think a lot of fans kind of let go of Ted and Robin after a while because they didn't figure out that they'd end up together the way I did. And a lot of fans didn't start watching the show until after season 3, when Britney Spears guest starred, and Ted and Robin had broken up by then, so they weren't as familiar with their story as the rest of us.

I always told people that if Ted and Robin didn't end up together the story wouldn't make any sense. And they're hard on Ted over there? Man, what about Robin? They both screwed up many times. I think it's unfair.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

That is the only version of the finale I watch he did a really good job! I don't know how anyone can say it's an open ending it was pretty clear to me why go in the direction if they didn't end up together?

Oh yeah Ted gets a lot of heat over there! He gets called a stalker and an emotional abuser. Robin gets a lot of heat too but only when it comes to the other person. She's called all kinds of names but when it comes to Ted it's because she doesn't love him and never will and Ted is just her safety net. Whenever I try to present facts it's always responded with "they spent so much time telling us they won't work". I defend them so much but those people are stuck in B land
Old 04-26-2017, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Amber! I wish someone had made that version of the finale sooner. As opposed to the so-called "alternate ending" that someone made, and I think you know why I don't like that one.

What? They call Ted a stalker? And you tell those Reddit people that the writers did not spend "so much time telling us they won't work." What they spent so much time telling us is that Ted and Robin were going through the character growth that would take them from two people who weren't ready to be together when they first met to two people who were finally ready to be together after they had grown and changed. And once and for all, tell those morons that Robin DOES love Ted. If she didn't then why would she have been so depressed that Ted was marrying Stella and not her? And remind them that the only reason Robin said "no" was because she had just found out that she couldn't have kids and she wanted Ted to give up on her. Even Craig Thomas himself said that Robin was just saying what she thought she had to at the time, and you should tell those Reddit people that as well.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Amber! I wish someone had made that version of the finale sooner. As opposed to the so-called "alternate ending" that someone made, and I think you know why I don't like that one.

What? They call Ted a stalker? And you tell those Reddit people that the writers did not spend "so much time telling us they won't work." What they spent so much time telling us is that Ted and Robin were going through the character growth that would take them from two people who weren't ready to be together when they first met to two people who were finally ready to be together after they had grown and changed. And once and for all, tell those morons that Robin DOES love Ted. If she didn't then why would she have been so depressed that Ted was marrying Stella and not her? And remind them that the only reason Robin said "no" was because she had just found out that she couldn't have kids and she wanted Ted to give up on her. Even Craig Thomas himself said that Robin was just saying what she thought she had to at the time, and you should tell those Reddit people that as well.
Hi, Alex! I also hate the alternate ending. It doesn't fit in with the story and doesn't give Robin a happy ending. I definitely think that adding in those Ted and Robin flashbacks give people a reminder of how beautiful their relationship was.

Yes, Ted is called a stalker because "he can't take no for an answer" all those points you made I've used. It's funny because they always come back with an excuse but I've become good at shooting them down. It's always the other person she wanted more and all that crap. Well in my last viewing of the entire show it was noted that every time someone tried to get with her it was followed by a "no, this won't work we can't do this" but when Ted tried it was followed by a kiss and "let's continue this when I get back." It was always Robin making a move when they hooked up or nearly did. Not to mention their 40 deal was her idea. interesting right? For not wanting or loving him she sure spent a lot of time making the moves
Old 04-27-2017, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Amber!

I really can't believe that Bays and Thomas even did the alternate ending. If you can't stand by your intended ending then you can't justify it later on. They should've stood by their intended ending and not caved to pressure from angry fans or the network. And they didn't even really film an alternate ending, they just edited out all the stuff from the finale, which was BS. You're also right in that the alternate ending doesn't make sense. The story began with Robin, it was all about Robin, and it had to end with Robin. And yeah, the flashbacks would've helped a lot.

Oh, that's total BS. Ted and Robin broke up in season 2, and Ted never tried to pursue her or stalk her after that. They moved in with each other and briefly became roommates with benefits, but they weren't really back together. And it's not as if Robin wasn't also consenting to that situation. When Ted and Robin were about to kiss in the season 5 finale, he's the one who said they'd had too much to drink, and Robin told him she didn't care as she leaned into the kiss. And Robin was the one who called Ted to ask him for help looking for her locked in Central Park. Robin was also the one ready to run off with Ted on the day of her own wedding, and the only reason Ted refused is because he couldn't do that to Barney, telling her that he's "not that guy" anymore. Tell those Reddit people to talk to me next time.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi, Alex!

I believe that in addition to trying to please the fans it was also to boost DVD sales. I honestly have only watched that alternate one time and it was enough for me Sure, Tracy lives but Robin is alone. I didn't watch for 9 seasons to see her end up alone. Ted said it himself "you cant tack on a new ending because you arent satisfied on how a story wraps up''

Nope, he tried once in season 7. Every time and I mean every single one aside from that..it was all her! Like I mentioned earlier the pact her idea..fwb her idea..the almost kiss, hand holding all her! I'm sure there is more I'm missing but you get what Im saying That is why the fallback plan is utter BS. If she really wanted a fallback plan there were other options that would have been way easier..but its not what she wanted. I thought it was obvious that she always wanted him. 14 years is a long time to wait for a fallback plan
Old 04-28-2017, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ugh, I hate the idea that they added that fan edit just to boost DVD sales. I also think it implies that Robin and Barney eventually reunite, but it still doesn't make sense and contradicts everything that was established before it.

Wow, that's another Ted quote that I totally forgot! And a very good one. Nice call, Amber!

Yep, you're right. Season 7 episodes The Drunk Train and No Pressure were the only time that Ted suggested getting back together with Robin. My only problem is that when Robin came back from Russia the writers just suddenly had Ted and Robin go from hot to cold for no apparent reason, which again frustrated me. They had to keep building to that ending in 2030 no matter how little sense it made. And you're right, Robin holding out to be Ted's backup wife was just another way for her to establish that Ted is the man she wanted to end up with without actually having to admit it.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't like the idea either. If people want to stick with that ending that's fine. Ill take the blue french horn tho while it does imply that they get back together it still wouldn't make sense as he told her at Teds wedding he doesn't look at her like that anymore but I can see why their fans would hope for it.

Yes only those two episodes and after that he did whatever he could to make her happy even if it didn't include him . Is that something a stalker would do? uh no! They should have explained the Russia thing better but I think we were supposed to read between the lines? Her actions before she left didn't match her words and the fact she couldn't look at him while she said no. Not to mention it looked like she started to say 'yes" (unless I read that wrong) lol.
Yup Robin had a hard time admitting her feelings and knowing that their timing wasn't right she couldn't lead him on. I think she held on to the backup deal tighter than Ted did
Old 04-28-2017, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Amber! I'm sorry, I was posting all around FF.

Yeah, that's another good point. After he became a father, Barney already had a woman in his life... his daughter. But I still insist that Quinn should've been the mother and not some random hook up... number 31, was it?

I think the only stalker on the show was Jeanette. How can anyone call Ted a stalker when they've got Jeanette as an example?

I still think the whole Russia thing and Robin saying no was part of some plotline they forgot about and just never went back to. That frustrates me because you can't just tell your audience in an article or in person why Robin said that, you have to actually show why she did it on the series. And notice that when she did say "no" she wasn't able to make eye contact with Ted? She closed her eyes and when she opened them she quickly said "no" and then turned to Ted, but she wasn't able to look him in the eyes when she said that. Dead giveaway that she was lying.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, I loved Quinn! That would have been awesome if she was the mother!

I think it would have been great if Robin explained the Russia thing in diner scene. It would have been the perfect time to explain it since she pretty much spilled her guts on how she felt about Ted. Oh yeah she did close her eyes and hesitated before she said it giving the impression she was about to go the other way before she decided to say "no" and notice she didn't give an answer until after he cancelled the deal? But yeah all her actions and body language didn't match up and after she moved out she was depressed and wanted Ted back in her life
Old 04-29-2017, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Amber! Sorry for disappearing. I nodded off and fell asleep. My weekend hours just changed and now I'm 5am to 2pm every day.

I loved Quinn as well. She was well suited to Barney. I also didn't buy how she and Barney broke up because of that stupid pre-nup that was the size of War & Peace.

Yeah, I think as the show got nearer to the end there were things that the writers just forgot about or dropped because they were trying to wrap everything up. Why do the whole Russia thing and then have Robin tell Ted "no" after she came back and then not explain it later? That only gave the haters reason to criticize the finale because they couldn't understand it. I kept waiting for a scene where Robin would explain why she said that, but it never happened. They just skipped through so much stuff at the end to get to the end of Ted's story, and it was all just so rushed, I wanted to slap them.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

lol it's ok happens to me too. I used to work similar hours and some days I would be fine all day and others I couldn't get out of bed

Yeah I agree about Quinn. I really enjoyed that proposal though.

I think there were plenty of opportunities to bring it back up. That is the scene that people hold on to the most. Even though many scenes to follow contradicted what she said it still would have been nice to hear it from her
Reply   Post New Thread