Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
Hi, Alex! Sorry I haven't been on. What a week this has been!

Yes, that is the letter. Ted expressed how much he loves her and how until she is ready for commitment she isn't his girl and Barney said He would take her till she's forty and Ted could have her after that. More foreshadowing!
Hah! I actually remember Barney asking Robin if they could get back together if they're both still single when they're 40, and she told him that she already promised that to Ted. So yeah, more foreshadowing.

Hi, Amber! It's okay, I'm just glad you're back. So what's been going on? You've had a busy week? I'm just waiting for my vacation on the week of Halloween. I'll be able to get some rest before the holiday madness.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hah! I actually remember Barney asking Robin if they could get back together if they're both still single when they're 40, and she told him that she already promised that to Ted. So yeah, more foreshadowing.

Hi, Amber! It's okay, I'm just glad you're back. So what's been going on? You've had a busy week? I'm just waiting for my vacation on the week of Halloween. I'll be able to get some rest before the holiday madness.
Oh yeah that's right! I forgot that Barney offered her that deal. As well as foreshadowing it was also a clue that Ted was still her number one and she had hopes they could be together one day

Yeah, I live in Vegas so our community has really come together during this tragedy. Then stuff going on at work. I'm ready to relax. Oh, that holiday madness! I used to work retail and dreaded Black Friday and the madness to come. The only thing I looked forward to was more money. As soon as it was over hours were cut again
Old 10-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh yeah that's right! I forgot that Barney offered her that deal. As well as foreshadowing it was also a clue that Ted was still her number one and she had hopes they could be together one day

Yeah, I live in Vegas so our community has really come together during this tragedy. Then stuff going on at work. I'm ready to relax. Oh, that holiday madness! I used to work retail and dreaded Black Friday and the madness to come. The only thing I looked forward to was more money. As soon as it was over hours were cut again
OMG, I'm so sorry, Amber. My heart goes out to all the people in Las Vegas. I'm just glad you're okay. Just try to relax and take it easy, okay?

Yeah, Robin could get a bit maddening at times with her underlying love for Ted while she was off with other guys, including Barney. That's why I wish that the writers could've simplified Ted and Robin's story a bit just so they didn't torture us with all that. I mean, I was able to decipher the clues, but a lot of other people couldn't.

I'm going to bed now, Amber, so I'll see you later! Goodnight and sleep well!
Old 10-08-2017, 02:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
OMG, I'm so sorry, Amber. My heart goes out to all the people in Las Vegas. I'm just glad you're okay. Just try to relax and take it easy, okay?

Yeah, Robin could get a bit maddening at times with her underlying love for Ted while she was off with other guys, including Barney. That's why I wish that the writers could've simplified Ted and Robin's story a bit just so they didn't torture us with all that. I mean, I was able to decipher the clues, but a lot of other people couldn't.

I'm going to bed now, Amber, so I'll see you later! Goodnight and sleep well!
Thank you! I'm relaxing today and it's nice

The clues were spread so far it was easy for people to forget about them. Binge watching definitely made it easier. I'm still catching things during rewatches.

I follow Cobie on instagram and check out what she posted

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ97WHIgy9c/?hl=en
Old 10-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hah! Thanks for that link, Amber! Someone else who didn't get the ending, I guess.

Maybe I had an advantage because I binge watched eight seasons over a single summer.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Hah! Thanks for that link, Amber! Someone else who didn't get the ending, I guess.

Maybe I had an advantage because I binge watched eight seasons over a single summer.
lol yup. Did you see her caption? "Aww come on man" I took it as her saying "get over it already"

Maybe..I could see how over nine years it would be easy to forget things. I also binge watched it and I thought it was pretty obvious and the more I watch the more I don't understand the outrage. It's ok not to like the ending but to say they betrayed the audience is way out there.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
lol yup. Did you see her caption? "Aww come on man" I took it as her saying "get over it already"

Maybe..I could see how over nine years it would be easy to forget things. I also binge watched it and I thought it was pretty obvious and the more I watch the more I don't understand the outrage. It's ok not to like the ending but to say they betrayed the audience is way out there.
Yep, I saw it. And I agree, it's been three years!

Well, I still think that hardcore HIMYM fans should still have seen it coming. But I also think that part of the problem was that HIMYM really didn't take off in the ratings until season 3, and Ted and Robin had already broken up by then. A lot of the new fans missed out on the first two seasons during the Ted/Robin storyline, so that might've had something to do with it.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yep, I saw it. And I agree, it's been three years!

Well, I still think that hardcore HIMYM fans should still have seen it coming. But I also think that part of the problem was that HIMYM really didn't take off in the ratings until season 3, and Ted and Robin had already broken up by then. A lot of the new fans missed out on the first two seasons during the Ted/Robin storyline, so that might've had something to do with it.
true, why keep bring them up if it wasn't going to happen? I was reading all the comments on the wiki page before the finale. I couldn't help but laugh at all the "ugh give it up Ted and Robin shippers. The writers already said it's not gonna happen" posts. Then reading it after "I can't believe they lied" " it doesn't make any sense". Many seemed to ignore the clues cause they didn't want it to happen. Season 9 was written the way it was for a reason... the whole locket story was pretty much slapping you in the face with it.

Bummer for them the first two seasons were the best!
Old 10-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

New thread: Blue French Horn Lovers|Full Circle|Endgame [T📯R] #19: Because Cobie cried when she read about Ted and Robin's reunion in the finale script!