Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
Thanks, Alex!

Yes..Lily kept imagining what the front porch would look like with Karen and Robin being married to Ted. To me it was another clue that the only way Robin and Ted could end up on the front porch together is by individually growing and achieving what they wanted out of life. That's why the 40 deal was included in that episode
OMG, yes! Lily imagining Ted and Robin married in the future, which was yet another clue about where the show was going! And I forgot that the 40 year pact took place in the same episode.

I hope you're enjoying your vacation, Amber!
Old 08-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi, Alex

Another clue: in season 3 "Blah Blah" says "I'm just some random girl to make Robin jealous, and after she takes you back, you probably won't even remember my name" flash forward to the episode "Gary Blauman" Future Ted in 2030 remembers her name...after years of reconnecting with Robin
Purplerose82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Hi, Alex

Another clue: in season 3 "Blah Blah" says "I'm just some random girl to make Robin jealous, and after she takes you back, you probably won't even remember my name" flash forward to the episode "Gary Blauman" Future Ted in 2030 remembers her name...after years of reconnecting with Robin
Hi, Amber!

OMG, what was Blah Blah's name again? They said it in the Gary Blauman episode.

And that's right! That's another clue that Ted was gonna end up with Robin! Man, that one totally went by me.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Amber!

OMG, what was Blah Blah's name again? They said it in the Gary Blauman episode.

And that's right! That's another clue that Ted was gonna end up with Robin! Man, that one totally went by me.
I believe it was Carol..they dropped hints left and right
Old 08-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I believe it was Carol..they dropped hints left and right
Carol! Thank you! I remember she thanked Ted in that episode when he finally remembered her name.

I hope you're having a good vacation, Amber! Are you home yet, or are you still on vacation?

I'm gonna be on a home vacation next week, so I'll be online a lot more because I won't be working. I'll see you tomorrow!
Old 08-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm home now! I need a vacation from my vacation

Enjoy your vacation, Alex! Looking forward to more Ted and Robin discussions
Old 08-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Amber! You need a vacation from your vacation? Well I'm glad you're home, and I hope you had fun on your vacation.

Yep, next Thursday I'll be off work for a week, but I'll be staying home so I'll be here posting a lot more and having more Ted/Robin discussions.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Hi, Amber! You need a vacation from your vacation? Well I'm glad you're home, and I hope you had fun on your vacation.

Yep, next Thursday I'll be off work for a week, but I'll be staying home so I'll be here posting a lot more and having more Ted/Robin discussions.
lol I didn't want to come back to reality

Old 08-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, thanks for that pic, Amber! OMG, I miss Ted/Robin from seasons one and two. They should've made that last at least the first three seasons.

You didn't want to come back to reality? I'm sorry you didn't get to stay on vacation.

I'm going on vacation next week, so I'm out of reality for a while.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

It definitely could have lasted longer. In the commentary the writers said they only intended in having them be a couple for 7 episodes but seeing how great they were they decided make it a season.

Oh well it's life I'm planning our next vacation so that gives me something to look forward to

Enjoy your vacation, Alex!
Old 08-11-2017, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Seven episodes? How could you only have Ted and Robin be a couple for seven episodes? And of course they were great! So why not have it extend into season 3 and then break them up?

OMG, you're already planning your next vacation? Good luck with that, Amber!

I'm not going anywhere for my next vacation next week, so it's gonna be a staycation.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Seven episodes? How could you only have Ted and Robin be a couple for seven episodes? And of course they were great! So why not have it extend into season 3 and then break them up?

OMG, you're already planning your next vacation? Good luck with that, Amber!

I'm not going anywhere for my next vacation next week, so it's gonna be a staycation.
I thought the same thing! How can they have their central characters involved for 7 episodes. I saw the paleyfest interview where they said they wanted to avoid the "will they won't they" but they didn't completely avoid that anyway.

Well vacation will be next summer. Gotta start saving and planning now tho! Staycations are nice and plenty of time for seasons 1 and 2 rewatch
Old 08-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I thought the same thing! How can they have their central characters involved for 7 episodes. I saw the paleyfest interview where they said they wanted to avoid the "will they won't they" but they didn't completely avoid that anyway.

Well vacation will be next summer. Gotta start saving and planning now tho! Staycations are nice and plenty of time for seasons 1 and 2 rewatch

Yeah, I think that Bays and Thomas really didn't have things mapped out well enough. I think that because they didn't know how long their show was gonna last, they assumed that 7 episodes was gonna be enough. I think one season wasn't enough if you look at the entire series.

Oh, I see. Well, I hope you're planning on doing something cool next summer! :sum:

Yeah, I just might do some season 1 and 2 rewatches.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I think that Bays and Thomas really didn't have things mapped out well enough. I think that because they didn't know how long their show was gonna last, they assumed that 7 episodes was gonna be enough. I think one season wasn't enough if you look at the entire series.

Oh, I see. Well, I hope you're planning on doing something cool next summer! :sum:

Yeah, I just might do some season 1 and 2 rewatches.
Yeah, and when they found out season 9 was the last it was the perfect time to focus back on them. I guess they were in a hurry so they had all those fillers...every season focused on them in one way or another tho
Old 08-13-2017, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, and when they found out season 9 was the last it was the perfect time to focus back on them. I guess they were in a hurry so they had all those fillers...every season focused on them in one way or another tho

Yeah, but those fillers just made everything drag. Like I said, I wish they'd have spent maybe the first half of season 9(or the firsts six episodes) on the wedding and the rest on how Ted and Robin got back together. I think that would've been a much more interesting story than the wedding that never ended.