Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
Hi, Alex!

See, we need more T/R fans on here to point out what we missed
Hi, Amber! Yeah, good point. I forget that even I miss some things from time to time. Of course, Trilogy Time is from the dreaded season 7, and I kinda blocked out most of that season for obvious reasons. Again, Trilogy Time seemed to be foreshadowing that Robin was still going to be who Ted ended up with even though it was also foreshadowing his marriage to Tracy. That's what was maddening about the show and I feel that the writers were tone-deaf to their audience. Their ending really wasn't going to satisfy anyone, so they should've just stick with one narrative instead of... well, what they ended up doing.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:11 PM
Graphics Team

I actually liked season 7 a lot more than season 6 for example. There were a lot of T/R cantered episodes in there. Knowing the ending, "No Pressure" is still sad to watch, but not in the same way it might have been back when it aired. You just need to know the motivation behind Robin's "no" to understand the narrative.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos blues (View Post)
I actually liked season 7 a lot more than season 6 for example. There were a lot of T/R cantered episodes in there. Knowing the ending, "No Pressure" is still sad to watch, but not in the same way it might have been back when it aired. You just need to know the motivation behind Robin's "no" to understand the narrative.
Well, season 7 had some good Ted/Robin moments, but it also had some really stressful and heartbreaking moments as well. Season 6 might've been Ted/Robin-free, but there wasn't much in the way of heartbreaking or frustrating episodes. It was pretty much a neutral season for the most part. "No Pressure" was a tough one to watch, though. Although Marshall's "not yet" at the end was a dead giveaway as to how the story would end. But the motivation behind Robin's "no" was really tough given that most people accepted it as genuine and the actual reason for it was never clearly explained by the writers. They explained it after the fact in interviews, but it would've been nice to have had a clarification on the show. I assumed it was because Robin had just learned she couldn't have children and she was trying to get Ted to give up on her because she couldn't give him the family she knew he wanted.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:19 PM
Graphics Team

I like myself a bit of Angst. In season 6 they kind of diminished T/Rs relationship too much. Some prime examples being "Hopeless" and "Baby Talk".

I think one of the key moments of the show was a scene from 7x01 "The Best Man". Robin said: "If you have chemistry, you only need on other thing: timing. But timing is a bitch." I think that pretty much sums up their relationship.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I like myself a bit of Angst. In season 6 they kind of diminished T/Rs relationship too much. Some prime examples being "Hopeless" and "Baby Talk".

I think one of the key moments of the show was a scene from 7x01 "The Best Man". Robin said: "If you have chemistry, you only need on other thing: timing. But timing is a bitch." I think that pretty much sums up their relationship.
Oh, so you liked the torture? Well, I admit that season 6 didn't give us a lot to look forward to, but season 7 was really rough if you were a Ted/Robin shipper. Yeah, the "timing is a bitch" quote was really appropriate for that season, because their timing was excruciating for me.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

I hate that Baby Talk episode! Ted's "it's nice to be needed and it's not something guys get from you" contradicts everything! Before and after this episode showed that Ted was her go to person for everything I love how people (not saying you btw) hang on to this scene to try to prove don't belong together. I personally think it was just to prop up the other relationship.

The Hopeless episode is interesting too. There's a deleted scene where Ted and Robin talk about how awesome their relationship was.( It was right before Marshall asks for her number) After that it shows Robin smiling and lily asks what she is smiling about and she says "I don't know" then follows Ted upstairs to the apartment hmmm

Last edited by Purplerose82; 06-30-2017 at 02:23 PM
Old 06-30-2017, 02:23 PM
Graphics Team

Whenever someone brings up that point from "Baby Talk" I just tell them that the entirety of the s8B and s9 proved that that other couple would never work and that Ted was ultimately the one that "got" (as in understood, no pun intended) Robin.

Last edited by chaos blues; 06-30-2017 at 03:01 PM
Old 06-30-2017, 02:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Whenever someone brings up that point from "Baby Talk" I just tell them that entirety of the s8B and s9 proved that that other couple would never work and that Ted was ultimately the one that "got" (as in understood, no pun intended) Robin.
Yes! Ted was always there for her while the other one blew her off as shown in seasons 8 & 9. How heartbreaking it was for him to watch her marry someone else when it was him who loved her all along. True love wins!
Old 06-30-2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I hate that Baby Talk episode! Ted's "it's nice to be needed and it's not something guys get from you" contradicts everything! Before and after this episode showed that Ted was her go to person for everything I love how people (not saying you btw) hang on to this scene to try to prove don't belong together. I personally think it was just to prop up the other relationship.

The Hopeless episode is interesting too. There's a deleted scene where Ted and Robin talk about how awesome their relationship was.( It was right before Marshall asks for her number) After that it shows Robin smiling and lily asks what she is smiling about and she says "I don't know" then follows Ted upstairs to the apartment hmmm
Hi, Amber! I missed you here!

OMG, I forgot the Baby Talk episode. I need to go see that one again. OMG, and what is this deleted scene you're talking about?
Old 06-30-2017, 04:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi, Alex! Hopefully I can come on here more..my kids are out for summer and keeping me so busy

So, the deleted scene was Robin asking Ted why he was acting weird he basically said that they had an awesome relationship and how he would smile before she even walked in the room. He was afraid that if his best relationship could fall apart that it could happen with Zoe. I'll have to watch it again..it's been a while since I've seen it so I could be forgetting something. Now it makes sense why she was all smiles after that
Old 06-30-2017, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Hi, Alex! Hopefully I can come on here more..my kids are out for summer and keeping me so busy

So, the deleted scene was Robin asking Ted why he was acting weird he basically said that they had an awesome relationship and how he would smile before she even walked in the room. He was afraid that if his best relationship could fall apart that it could happen with Zoe. I'll have to watch it again..it's been a while since I've seen it so I could be forgetting something. Now it makes sense why she was all smiles after that
That's okay, Amber. A lot of FF posters are having the same issues with kids. Just post when you have time.

Oh, so did something happen after that scene? And I take it that this was a season 6 episode, since Zoey was in it? And I really wish now that they had kept that scene in. Why do they always delete the great Ted/Robin scenes when they know the story is gonna end with Ted and Robin?
Old 06-30-2017, 04:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
That's okay, Amber. A lot of FF posters are having the same issues with kids. Just post when you have time.

Oh, so did something happen after that scene? And I take it that this was a season 6 episode, since Zoey was in it? And I really wish now that they had kept that scene in. Why do they always delete the great Ted/Robin scenes when they know the story is gonna end with Ted and Robin?
It was in the Hopeless episode when Ted and Robin were pretending to be a couple and they were standing at the bar talking. After, Marshall came up and asked for her number (he and lily had a bet on who could get the most phone numbers) then the next scene they were walking back to the apartment and lily asked Robin " what are you smiling about?" Robin said "I don't know" then she followed Ted up the stairs to the apartment
Old 06-30-2017, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It was in the Hopeless episode when Ted and Robin were pretending to be a couple and they were standing at the bar talking. After, Marshall came up and asked for her number (he and lily had a bet on who could get the most phone numbers) then the next scene they were walking back to the apartment and lily asked Robin " what are you smiling about?" Robin said "I don't know" then she followed Ted up the stairs to the apartment
OMG, really? And which season was Hopeless? OMG, I can't believe I forgot so much of the middle part of the series. I only remember the first four seasons and the final two. So does that mean that something happened with Ted and Robin? Oh, I'd love it if that were true! Thanks, Amber!
Old 06-30-2017, 05:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yup season 6! I wish I could upload it somehow and send it to you. If you have the DVD it's in the extras. I think it was dumb to leave it out! I hope something happened between them. It was weird how at the beginning of the episode Robins reaction to fake dating Ted was "aww man why?" To all smiles at the end after their talk. More proof that she covers up how she feels
Old 07-01-2017, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yup season 6! I wish I could upload it somehow and send it to you. If you have the DVD it's in the extras. I think it was dumb to leave it out! I hope something happened between them. It was weird how at the beginning of the episode Robins reaction to fake dating Ted was "aww man why?" To all smiles at the end after their talk. More proof that she covers up how she feels
Hi, Amber! I'm sorry I left so suddenly. I had to go to bed because I worked in the morning.

I only have the DVD's for the first two seasons, obviously. I've wanted to get more, but my DVD player is broken. I play DVD's on my laptop, but I haven't bought any new DVD's because I'm trying to pay off my credit card and I have to save money.

What was the name of that episode again? I was gonna look it up on Wiki.