Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2017, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
Love this. I'm actually a big Ted/Robin fan and rewatched a lot of episodes this past weekend with friends and just really appreciate what Ted/Robin have.
Thanks for posting! It's great to see another Ted/Robin fan!

Wait, did FF shrink down another pic I posted? Why does that always happen?

Yeah, I did appreciate how the writers did try and keep Ted and Robin somewhat realistic by having them become friends while never really ignoring the romantic aspect of their relationship, or how it never really went away. They did that in season one, when you think about it. They tried the dating thing briefly, but then decided to just be friends, yet they both had already fallen for each other and didn't admit it. Robin was jealous when she saw Ted with Victoria, and Ted was jealous of both Derek and Sandy Rivers, and even makes it rain to keep her from going on a trip with Sandy. And then Ted and Robin end up together at the end of season 1, so basically that season was a microcosm of the entire series.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Even after how their first date went she stilll showed up at the bar knowing he would be there. And she ended up meeting Lily
Old 02-01-2017, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Is that when Robin met Lily? Man, I really need to rewatch season one. Season one and two are my faves. That first season reminded me what I loved most about romantic sitcoms.

Oh, and the Best Prom Ever episode was another fave of mine. It not only had a great Ted/Robin ending, it also had a great Robin/Lily kiss.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Is that when Robin met Lily? Man, I really need to rewatch season one. Season one and two are my faves. That first season reminded me what I loved most about romantic sitcoms.

Oh, and the Best Prom Ever episode was another fave of mine. It not only had a great Ted/Robin ending, it also had a great Robin/Lily kiss.
Yes it was the purple giraffe episode season one definitely had some great episodes. I'm still on season 2 and I'm dreading the breakup
Old 02-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh yeah, the Purple Giraffe.

Yeah, I know. I dreaded that episode as well. I kinda think it was a bit rushed, and that they could've had Ted and Robin's relationship go into season 3 and have them break up then.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Oh yeah, the Purple Giraffe.

Yeah, I know. I dreaded that episode as well. I kinda think it was a bit rushed, and that they could've had Ted and Robin's relationship go into season 3 and have them break up then.
In the DVD commentary the producers said they only intended on having them together for 7 episodes but since Ted spent so much time trying to get her they stretched it out to the season finale. They also said they would make them do there kissing scenes over even if it was perfect because they loved their chemistry
Old 02-01-2017, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
In the DVD commentary the producers said they only intended on having them together for 7 episodes but since Ted spent so much time trying to get her they stretched it out to the season finale. They also said they would make them do there kissing scenes over even if it was perfect because they loved their chemistry
Just seven episodes? Man, those guys really didn't get what they had, did they? The more Ted and Robin the better! That way you get the ending you want instead of... well, what happened. We still got Ted and Robin in the end, but it should've been better.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

They realized it too late when they said Robin should have been the mother. at least we had some great moments inbetween
Old 02-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes it was the purple giraffe episode season one definitely had some great episodes. I'm still on season 2 and I'm dreading the breakup
I always do that as well.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They realized it too late when they said Robin should have been the mother. at least we had some great moments inbetween
Yeah, I could basically stretch out seasons one and two into five seasons if I were the writers. I actually think the whole Stella storyline was all part of what would lead up to Ted and Robin getting back together. The whole thing about exes having unresolved issues.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Stella was good for something

There was so much more they could have done and it would have eliminated those filler episodes and maybe more people would accept the ending
Old 02-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Stella was good for something

There was so much more they could have done and it would have eliminated those filler episodes and maybe more people would accept the ending
I agree, Amber. Way too much filler and they lost track of the Ted/Robin narrative. That's one reason why I love seasons one and two the most. And they really should've kept the storyline close to Ted and Robin throughout the series instead of just assuming they could put it on the back burner for so long and just get back to it later.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yes! They did a great job writing their relationship in the first two seasons. I felt that they kept going back to them at random times rather than building up to it...like Robin not showing any jealousy towards Stella until the wedding and Teds ILY in no pressure. They give us 30 second of it then take it away
Old 02-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes! They did a great job writing their relationship in the first two seasons. I felt that they kept going back to them at random times rather than building up to it...like Robin not showing any jealousy towards Stella until the wedding and Teds ILY in no pressure. They give us 30 second of it then take it away
Exactly! They'd go for long periods with no Ted/Robin, and then they'd throw something like Symphony of Illumination or No Pressure at us. Or they'd have Ted and Robin with other people all through a season only to have them nearly reunite at the end, like season five. That was always frustrating. But season 9 was the most frustrating.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Season 9 was so frustrating! They pretty much ignored each other until Sunrise. Then she tries to run off with him and after he refused she married Barney like nothing happened...maybe to make the audience think it was just jitters? We knew better Either way it was too back and forth
Closed Thread   Post New Thread