Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2014, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

My friend just finished watching the series on netflix and she loved the ending. When I told her about the controversy over it, she didn't get it. She said "but the whole show was about Robin. What were people expecting?" Which is exactly true. It's the only thing that made sense!
Old 12-20-2014, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's exactly what I've been saying all along! I knew that other people like your friend would get the ending. It is the only ending that fits the Ted/Robin narrative from day one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedSandy (View Post)
I remember people were quoting that episode when talking about S9 b/c in a way Robin had invited her ex to her wedding too so people were wondering if TR would run away together or something. Obviously that didn't happen, and thankfully not, it would've been a total blow to Barney. I like that they took their time to live their lives and realize that they still feel something for each other.

Sorry for just barging into the conversation btw, I used to post here regularly (I designed the OP too haha) and I just wanted to talk about TR somewhere that wasn't so... negative.
That's quite alright. You aren't barging in at all. We appreciate anyone joining in the conversation. Thanks for designing the OP! I wish more people posted here regularly. And yes, the "never bring an ex to your wedding" curse was definitely hanging over all of season 9.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:35 PM
Extreme Fan

According to some, Carter and Bays claimed that Ted and Robin's reconciliation was at best, ambiguous. Which is confusing, because I had assumed that they did get back together.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If it was supposed to be ambiguous, then Ted's entire story to his kids was a huge waste of time. You only tell a story about a woman on a scale that epic if you're in it for the "happily ever after."
Old 12-23-2014, 11:58 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
According to some, Carter and Bays claimed that Ted and Robin's reconciliation was at best, ambiguous. Which is confusing, because I had assumed that they did get back together.
Carter did not claim it.
"According to some" - it's just a misinterpretation of his words about the future of Ted and Robin.
https://twitter.com/CarterBays/statu...02436670550017
https://twitter.com/CarterBays/statu...81979016093697
https://twitter.com/CarterBays/statu...03940978667520
Bays mentioned how death is part of any relationship, pointing out that, “…if you leave the camera running on When Harry Met Sally , this is what happens.”' (http://wesleying.org/2014/10/02/high...y-himym-panel/)
https://twitter.com/CarterBays/statu...04727016398849 (about the future of B / R)

The authors do not know what will happen in the distant future.

Last edited by SerBtl1991; 12-24-2014 at 03:34 AM
Old 12-28-2014, 09:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Those who had opposed Ted and Robin's reconciliation in the finale claimed that he had regressed from getting over her. But couldn't one say the same about Robin and Barney's reconciliation in Season 8, following their Season 5 breakup . . . and Marshall and Lily when they had reconciled after Lily had broke their engagement?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I find that to be a true statement
Old 12-29-2014, 02:01 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Those who had opposed Ted and Robin's reconciliation in the finale claimed that he had regressed from getting over her. But couldn't one say the same about Robin and Barney's reconciliation in Season 8, following their Season 5 breakup . . . and Marshall and Lily when they had reconciled after Lily had broke their engagement?
True , some too much "eating a sandwich"
Old 01-03-2015, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow! Thanks for posting that interview with Carter Bays and Craig Thomas! I loved what they said about the finale. And I think that people who believe that Ted "regressed" when he got back together with Robin missed the point that Ted and Robin got back together precisely because they weren't the same people they were back in 2005. They got back together because in 2030 they were finally at a point where they did want the same things and were ready to be a couple.

Spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoHUs8J7x94

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 01-03-2015 at 06:52 PM
Old 01-05-2015, 05:47 PM
New Fan

the official ending was Legen... wait-for-it... Dairy! LEGENDARY!
At last, TeddyBear&RobinSparkles will Last Forever. so will Marshmallow&Lilypad, bitch! (until one of them die, of course)
Ted is blessed by 2 loves of his life. Tracy had given him family and 2 kids. he will always love her until the end of his days and beyond. you'll see...
Robin is finally ready for Ted after she had accomplished her career dream: famous traveller journalist. sure, she aparted from The Gang consisting of a married couple who she never sees anymore, ex-husband hitting on ****ty cops, and the guy she should have ended up with with beautiful mother of his children. now, after 14 years of bitter love life, she has 5 dogs again and settles down in New York. so, she's ready to embrace Blue French Horn from 25 years ago
Tracy&Max will LITERALLY Last Forever (see? this is the right use, Robin)
in my mind, I kinda think that the dying Tracy asked Robin to be with Ted once he's ready to move on and being The Mother of their kids (remember drawing of Aunt Robin & The Kids at zoo and beach) since she's the one who talked Robin into 2 marriages (BR&TM) while Robin fleed and locked Ted when he refused to runaway with her in BR wedding and she RSVP'd NO to him because of heartbreak, lingering feelings and regret in TM wedding. Mother of God
Barney finally found his true love in his daughter Ellie while other women (including Robin) can't tame Barnacle Jr.
happy happy Lily Day...

Theodore Robinsevelt For President!
Self5! Stinson oot!

Last edited by Wait-For-It; 01-10-2015 at 05:02 PM
Old 01-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's interesting about Ted 2033. You think he's already married to Robin? I'll have to check that episode out again.

Also, you should try to keep all of the Ted/Robin posts on this thread and not post them on other shipper threads like the Ted/Tracy thread, okay?

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 01-05-2015 at 06:36 PM
Old 01-07-2015, 11:48 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
That's interesting about Ted 2033. You think he's already married to Robin? I'll have to check that episode out again.

Also, you should try to keep all of the Ted/Robin posts on this thread and not post them on other shipper threads like the Ted/Tracy thread, okay?
thank you, mod!
I beg your pardon as a new fan since i'm both T&R and TM shipper
yeah, 20-years-from(2033)-now(2013)-Ted shown 2013-Ted his ring on left hand

Self5! Stinson oot!

Last edited by Wait-For-It; 01-10-2015 at 05:01 PM
Old 01-08-2015, 01:09 AM
New Fan

Ted has learnt it hard way that there's no such thing as The One. who comes after The One? The Next One. this is the art of letting go and moving on. Ted let go of "The One Robin" to love his soulmate The Mother. TM let go of her deceased "The One Max" to love her soulmate Ted Mosby. six years after TM passed away, Ted let go of his deceased soulmate to love his The One Robin AGAIN

Self5! Stinson oot!

Last edited by Wait-For-It; 01-10-2015 at 05:00 PM
Old 01-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

And let's be real here. Had Robin said she wanted to have kids and get married, she'd be the one he'd have married from the getgo. So the mother is technically the "next one." And I don't mean this in a way that discredits Tracy in any way. It's just how life goes. Tracy was the one who gave him the life he's always wanted and was ready for him at the time. And then it came back to robin. It shouldn't discredit anything.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wait-For-It (View Post)
thank you, mod!
I beg your pardon as a new fan since i'm both T&R and TM shipper
yeah, 20-years-from(2033)-now(2013)-Ted shown 2013-Ted his ring on left hand
Oh, that's quite alright, Wait-For-It. I was once a new poster and shipper back when I first joined FF on the Heroes board, and I had to learn FF etiquette as I went along, so I understand. And I'm gonna go look up that episode, because that one totally slipped by me.

Oh, and would you like to be added to our shipper list? Also, what should I call you? I'm Alex, by the way.

Yeah, but I think Robin wasn't the only one who needed time to grow. Even if Robin did want kids and a marriage back when Ted met her, he still wasn't the man he needed to be in order for things to work between him and Robin. He needed to go through all the stuff he went through in order to be the guy who was no longer looking for "the one," and was instead ready to accept "the one he wanted." He said he didn't want perfect, he wanted Robin, but he still needed to become a better Ted Mosby before that.