Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2015, 11:28 PM
Elite Fan

I think the problem was he had too much hair still, even if he wasn't bald, some thinning would have been believable.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 07-25-2015, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Not necessarily. My dad passed away at the age of 53 with a thick, full head of hair.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:03 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
All of this was about pushing Robin and Barney again . . . in a thread about Ted and Robin?
sorry, brah (Karen's lovers mode)
I'm a T/R shipper and didn't buy B/R romance from the beginning but people will die eventually.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know what was worse...their aging for the finale, or the aging in the epilogue of the Harry Potter movies

Old 08-12-2015, 12:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh I miss these two!! The wigs were really hilarious haha! But regarding finale, I'm happy Robin didn't settle for anyone. She grew smarter over the years, though it's sad she was living alone this whole time.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
I don't know what was worse...their aging for the finale, or the aging in the epilogue of the Harry Potter movies
OMG, that was totally unbelievable. I actually don't think that the wigs were all that necessary, they could've just added some grey to their real hair, couldn't they?
Old 08-22-2015, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Soooooo basically no one knows how to do an older persons makeup
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 08-23-2015, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachade (View Post)
Oh I miss these two!! The wigs were really hilarious haha! But regarding finale, I'm happy Robin didn't settle for anyone. She grew smarter over the years, though it's sad she was living alone this whole time.
I agree with you.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

It is nice that she didn't settle but I hate that they pretty much stuck to the thought they implied at one point that if she was a career woman she couldn't be with someone.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 09-04-2015, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Mary! It's great to see you!

I don't think that Robin felt she couldn't have a career and a relationship, Crystal. I still think that she and Barney fell apart more because they worked better short term than long term because he couldn't really grow up. He kept frustrating her all through season 8 and 9, and she was ready to run off with Ted on her wedding day. But I do think that the writers were haphazard in showing Robin's motivations because they wanted to stick to their surprise ending, which did make Robin seem confusing to a lot of people. By the time she divorced Barney, Ted was already married and she felt like she missed her chance.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

That's what I'm saying, the writers definitely were trying to paint the picture that she couldn't do both, and once they divorced her, that made it seem even more that way. They definitely had some trouble writing her throughout the series.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 09-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

I never got that impression. I got the impression that they were trying to show that it's part of the reason why she and Barney just couldn't work. He couldn't handle giving up all he did in order for her to have her career and she couldn't handle his immaturity long term either.
I never felt that she couldn't succeed and have a man by her side. They made it clear as day that Ted would have gone to the moon and back with her. If she and Ted were ready for each other earlier, they most certainly would have made it work. Career and everything.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
I never got that impression. I got the impression that they were trying to show that it's part of the reason why she and Barney just couldn't work. He couldn't handle giving up all he did in order for her to have her career and she couldn't handle his immaturity long term either.
I never felt that she couldn't succeed and have a man by her side. They made it clear as day that Ted would have gone to the moon and back with her. If she and Ted were ready for each other earlier, they most certainly would have made it work. Career and everything.
Yeah, I agree about how they were trying to show how Robin and Barney wouldn't work back in season 8, but they did drag it out a bit in season 9. But I also agree with Crystal that Bays and Thomas didn't do the best job in writing Robin because her behavior was at times contradictory, but that wasn't really Robin's fault.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

It's like they knew what they wanted to do with her, but they had no idea how to get her to that point.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 10-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I think perhaps they did, but then they had to figure out how to extend it and what to do with her in the interm. I think that her relationship with Don is what was going to eventually show her that she did want the same things that Ted did, and the season five finale where Ted and Robin nearly had sex after Don broke her heart seemed to imply where they were going, but then they decided to do those Farhampton wedding flash-forwards beginning in season six which totally messed things up. I wish they could've done it some other way to do it that didn't create so many problems getting to Ted and Robin reuniting.