Fan Forum Star

That long stare at the carousel
Old 07-30-2014, 04:32 AM
Elite Fan

Amazing moments

The carousel scene is so amazing, the stare, the rain, the song... perfect

Old 08-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks so much for these scenes, Mary! So many lovely Ted/Robin moments make me wonder how anyone could've given up on them after season two. That "Aunt Robin" thing didn't fool me for a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amethyst* (View Post)
Old 08-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Gosh, guys, it's been a few months now and I still can't believe how happy ending we got. Ted and Robin always had a connection, and it was inevitable for them to end up together.

This is still my favorite video of these two. But well, I'm a Coldplay sucker.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

It's a great vid, great song too.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 08-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Loyal Fan

This song tears me down, everytime. It supposed to be happy and cheering, but sometimes I feel sudden sadness when I 'get what I want, but not what I need'. I can't believe how patient Ted was, how patient Robin was to be around Ted all those years he was married to Tracy and not even try to do anything selfish, like what she did with Barney and Nora. She was completely selfless then. It's wonderful. But since the beginning, we could see that Ted wasn't just "another guy".
Now more than ever I understand her behavior. Why she showed up at his door and kissed him so passionately before going to Russia, why she did all those irrational things!
Old 08-05-2014, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks so much for these scenes, Mary! So many lovely Ted/Robin moments make me wonder how anyone could've given up on them after season two. That "Aunt Robin" thing didn't fool me for a moment.
The writers always kept their storyline going over the series
Old 08-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

The video is amazing

I'm also a sucker for Coldplay. There's also this new song of theirs, Oceans, which I already posted here. So perfect for them

Old 08-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been more Ted/Robin videos since the finale. I'm hoping that there will be more after the DVD comes out and people start adding some of the deleted scenes into their vids.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris (View Post)
The video is amazing

I'm also a sucker for Coldplay. There's also this new song of theirs, Oceans, which I already posted here. So perfect for them
Yep, I agree! And I think I saw it somewhere over here, so I totally got the feels. All Coldplay songs could match in some way TR relationship, on different stages obviously. That's what I love about TR and Coldplay.

In this video, I love the most, the moment, at the end when the music gets quicker and quicker, with no words, just music. And then window parallels and "Tears stream down your face and I-I-I... Tears stream down your face, I promise you I will learn from mistakes..." and Ted and Robin kiss from the season 1 finale, and the locket story, and Ted's speech about love (I never had any doubts, and this speech is one of the most wonderful in tv history)... I couldn't imagine a better ending for them, seriously, it surpassed all my greatest thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been more Ted/Robin videos since the finale. I'm hoping that there will be more after the DVD comes out and people start adding some of the deleted scenes into their vids.
Yeah! Do we know if there will be many TR scenes?
Old 08-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

I wish I had more time and, especially, talent to make videos

Old 08-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachade (View Post)
Yeah! Do we know if there will be many TR scenes?
The only one I know for sure of is the scene with Ted and Robin in the restaurant after Ted and Penny bump into her on the street in 2020. It's a shame they didn't air that scene because it was released as part of the promos for the finale.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe they wanted to hold the suspense even more, although from Robin's reaction to Ted and Tracy in Lily's party, you already know she still had feelings for him.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, but by not keeping that scene in the finale, a lot of people felt that Ted going back to Robin was a spur-of-the-moment thing. It would've helped if they showed how Ted and Robin had actually begun to reconnect while Tracy was sick, and continued after Tracy's death so it didn't seem so sudden.