Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

i suppose if they date it means they should be 24/7 inseparable together ...
balh those 'reporters'
Old 01-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&B4ever (View Post)
i suppose if they date it means they should be 24/7 inseparable together ...
balh those 'reporters'
lol they need to leave people alone.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

I want that coat on Zoe!

You know what they call the couple hipsters, but I think the hipster is only Zoe. Penn to me looks like he's just lazy to find something more decent to wear. LOL.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

Nah, did you see his reading selections? He's a total hipster. lol
Old 01-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Hipster seems to be just a catchall for a badly dressed intellectual.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

Oh no! How dare he go have fun without his girlfriend 2cm away at all times. Gossip is so ridiculous these days.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie (View Post)
Nah, did you see his reading selections? He's a total hipster. lol
I didn't. What was his reading selections? (bookworm here interested)
Old 01-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Elite Fan

^
Quote:
The 23-year-old actress and 25-year-old actor bought a variety of books including Kurt Vonnegut’s “Cat’s Cradle” and R. Buckminster Fuller’s “Utopia or Oblivion: The Prospects for Humanity.”
he's part lazy part hipster

idk
i thought hipster meant pseudo(sp?) intellectual lol
Old 01-11-2012, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&B4ever (View Post)
^

he's part lazy part hipster

idk
i thought hipster meant pseudo(sp?) intellectual lol
I guess it's a generational thing. To me a hipster is just kind of a poser. A person who dresses like a hipster to be cool, but who isn't actually well read enough to be an actual intellectual. But, now I think it just means anyone whose into fringe stuff (like reading obscure books and liking obscure movies).
Old 01-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

i like how he can switch on his hipster-ness in his free time but be all dapper when its time for that
+Penn has got an interesting personality overall.

btw hopefully JC mentioned him in his 4 min speech

Quote:
Rosie O'Donnell Trashes Critics at National Board of Review Awards Gala

Rosie O'Donnell at the National Board of Review GalaNigel M Smith
After starting an hour late, last night's National Board of Review 2011 Awards Gala, which celebrates a slate of winners who were announced more than a month ago, blandly plugged along.

And then, around its midway point, surprise presenter O'Donnell took to the stage wearing what looked like a shiny drape to award the documentary "Crime After Crime" with the NBR Freedom of Expression Award.

The comedienne then launched into an assault on the National Society of Film Critics for naming "Melancholia" best picture of the year over the weekend ("If I had the choice between giving birth to a flaming child on the floor of an igloo, or watching that film again, I would choose the birth of my child"); trashed Denmark and Woody Allen in one swift coup ("I’m happy to hear that Lars von Trier is not here today. He’s from Denmark. **** it, I don’t know where that country is, I’ll never look for him, or Woody Allen. Pedophile? Who’s to say?"); and pissed off some, if not all, of the Board. ("I’m so happy that they were talking about the **** on the tables. Because I’ve learned there are no gift bags, it’s gonna be a ****ing free-for-all... this is one crazy-ass black-tie dinner.")
"I’m happy to hear that Lars von Trier is not here today. He’s from Denmark. **** it, I don’t know where that country is." -- Rosie O'Donnell

Nothing upstaged O'Donnell's one-woman show; not even Best Actor winner (and frequent jokester) George Clooney, who was on his best behavior in accepting the award from his "The Descendants" director Alexander Payne.

Keira Knightley came close when she payed tribute to Michael Fassbender -- the night's Spotlight winner and her co-star in "A Dangerous Method" -- by saying: "If I had to be spanked by anybody, I'm glad it was by you." So did Best Actress presenter Frances McDormand who matter-of-factly stated that she didn't know who the National Board of Review was. She also didn't seem to care.

Elsewhere, Breakthrough Directorial Debut winner J.C. Chandor ("Margin Call") became visibly emotional after delivering a four-minute (!) speech, Breakthough Performance winner Rooney Mara sang praises of her "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" director David Fincher, despite him urging her not to do so via email a few hours earlier, and presenter Naomi Watts thanked her director on "The Ring," Gore Verbinski (there to accept the Best Animated Feature award for "Rango"), for teaching her how to scream.

Rosie O'Donnell Trashes Critics at National Board of Review Awards Gala | Filmmakers, Film Industry, Film Festivals, Awards & Movie Reviews | indieWIRE

Quote:
Verbinski was followed by Oscar winner Jeremy Irons, one of the many fine actors who were convinced to work for the young first-time director J.C. Chandor on Margin Call because of his marvelous script, which produced a first-rate and timely thriller. Irons presented the best breakthrough director award to Chandor, who subsequently recounted the funny garb in which Irons was adorned when he arrived on set to shoot a scene in a corporate boardroom, out of which he changed into boxers and a wife-beater before commencing in a table read-through. Chandor thanked Irons and his entire cast for delivering his words in a way that made him forget they were his own, and in so doing giving him a career.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rac...tenders-280399

Last edited by science girlfriend; 01-11-2012 at 10:25 AM
Old 01-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Penn Badgley

Yeah that list defines a hipster.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

thanks for the info
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

R. Buckminster Fuller? I read many of his books in college. Would it be a hipster thing if I read his work too? LOL. His books are really good, in my faculty we used to always use him as reference in our thesis.

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, very interesting choice. It a very smart in depth novel about the satire of progressions in America. Yes, I read that one too, recently.

Wait, does this means I'm a hipster too? Because I definitely don't look like it. All in all, because Penn read R. Buckminster Fueller, he wouldn't have a problem surviving political sciences in college easily.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:16 AM
Elite Fan

need to read these too
Old 01-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Penn Badgley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly.Shearman (View Post)
R. Buckminster Fuller? I read many of his books in college. Would it be a hipster thing if I read his work too? LOL. His books are really good, in my faculty we used to always use him as reference in our thesis.

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, very interesting choice. It a very smart in depth novel about the satire of progressions in America. Yes, I read that one too, recently.

Wait, does this means I'm a hipster too? Because I definitely don't look like it. All in all, because Penn read R. Buckminster Fueller, he wouldn't have a problem surviving political sciences in college easily.
It takes more than a book list to become a hipster so you're safe.

If you take his views, new look, and his articulation he's a hipster..
Closed Thread   Post New Thread