Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2013, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Penn Badgley

The Accolades Thread #7 In order to get talked about you actually have to go out Penn

Accolades Thread

*** For more accolades, see
Previous Thread
*** For reviews of Penn's performance in 'Greetings From Tim Buckley, click here

Cast-Mate Praise

He has a humble, comedic air that is disarming and looks effortless – in life, at work, and in public," - Leighton Meester

Quote:
Penn is quiet, he doesn't talk about it. But he has a mini-studio in his apartment. He is so talented, and I couldn't be more happy for him. I'm friends with everyone, I have a good relationship with everyone. And I couldn't be more happy for the Jeff Buckley role in Greetings from Tim Buckley to come along for him. He looks a lot like Jeff Buckley, and he's so musically talented. So I was really happy he could showcase it in something like that.
~Chace Crawford
Quote:
“He’s very stoic and calm and confident. He's much more like Serena than I am,"
~Blake Lively
Quote:
He doesn't need to draw attention to himself; he has nothing to prove. Penn's intelligence and wit speak for themselves
~Sophia Bush
Quote:
The Project Runway mentor did have kind words for Momsen's costar Penn Badgley though, calling him a "delight" to work with, along with the rest of the cast.
~Tim Gunn
Quote:
The person I sort of bonded with the most was Penn. I found him to be a really cool guy. He's sort of going through some stuff in the business right now the I went through 20 years ago you know in my mid and late 20s was making some decisions about my life and about my career. And when we were talking I had sort of a sense memory a dejavu if you will of me in a similar place when I was doing films. Getting serious in my relationship with my now wife. I have been with China for 19 years and he and Blake have been together for a couple years now and they are a very cute couple. I enjoy seeing their interaction with eachother.
~William Baldwin

On his films

Quote:
That one might be on hold, I don't know," Thirlby said. "Maybe they don't want to compete [with Penn Badgley's take on Jeff Buckley in "Greetings From Tim Buckley"], because Penn is a total genius. I'm sure he kills it. I've seen him sing around the campfire and everything, and I definitely cannot sing as well as him."

~Olivia Thirlby
Quote:
"When Penn did that record-store scene, I was like ****ing go for it dude. And he literally went for it. He let go. He became that character, " Bello said. "And, as a Buckley fan, that’s all I could ask of somebody who played him. Penn went for it. And he got it.
~Frank Bello
Quote:
Algrant admits to almost scrapping the idea for the movie but decided to go forward after seeing Badgley's audition tape. "If I really realized how much of a challenge it was gonna be, I wouldn't have embarked on it, honestly," says the director. "There was no point. I was really searching for months and months. I got lucky."
~Dan Algrant( Director/Writer, Greetings From Tim Buckley)
Quote:
On her current celebrity crush: “Penn Badgley from Gossip Girl. I just saw him in The Stepfather and I’m pretty obsessed with him. I actually didn’t know who he was and I went to see the movie as a joke, because the previews looked scary but I wasn’t sure if it was scary. It was actually a good movie."
~Miley Cyrus
Quote:
Celebrity-wise, who would be an example of that?
Penn Badgley from Gossip Girl! I have been so in love with him for so long. I'm not sure if he has ever worn glasses, but that hair and that cute face gets me every time
~Ashley Rikards (Awkward)
Quote:
On which two celebs she’d love to have as love interests in a movie: “I would definitely pick Penn Badgley who is one of the stars on Gossip Girl because he’s my celebrity crush
~Jillian Rose Reed (Awkward
Quote:
Church's fondness for his young costars also extends to "Gossip Girl" heartthrob Penn Badgley. "There's some genuine interaction between the girls and the Penn Badgley character. Penn did a terrific job in the movie."

Badgley may not be onscreen much, but Church understands how important he is to the story. "He's still, like, the objet d'amour. He still is somebody that they're all sort of focused on lustily. And at the end of the movie, it all kind of comes to fruition for Emma's character."
~Thomas Haden Church
Quote:
I was watching a show in the UK called The One Show, and Paul Bettany, who's in Margin Call, was a guest, and the the presenter was saying it has such an amazing cast Demi Moore, Stanley Tucci etc, and Paul Bettany said 'Yes and that kid Penn Badgley from Gossip Girl, he was just fantastic' and I got all excited because he mentioned Penn, but had no-one to get excited with, so i'm posting it here haha
~FF member Bobbles' account of Paul Bettany re. Penn
Quote:
Q: In your latest movie, Margin Call, you work with people such as Kevin Spacey and Jeremy Irons. Do you feel with your strong background in TV, you approached the role any differently? - Matt Gerish
A: I worked with Kevin Spacey on a film called L.A. Confidential in the late 90s, and that was my first film in America and I still use a lot of stuff I learned from Kevin then, so I’m just a student. I’ll always be a student, that’s just my nature. So, whenever I have an opportunity to be involved with actors of that pedigree, I’m like a sponge. They don’t know I’m a sponge, because I’ll just sit there like I’m doing my job, but I watch them all like a hawk. Paul Bettany is a phenomenal actor as well and I think what’s interesting in this film is to see someone like Penn Badgley who we know from a TV show called Gossip Girl [that] you may know of. He did such a wonderful job on the film. So, to see everyone have developed the confidence within that company and I think you can attribute it largely to the fact that guys like Kevin, Jeremy, Demi… we’re all very accepting of the ensemble.
~Simon Baker
Quote:
Working with Penn was amazing. I adore him. He's so talented, you know, and I think quite an extraordinary singer and I think he was so brave and brilliant that he did this role and I'm really excited for people to see him in it. I'm really excited.
~Imogen Poots

Old 06-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks
Old 06-30-2013, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Penn Badgley

Welcome
Old 07-01-2013, 04:20 AM
Elite Fan

tftnt