Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Tea Marvelli | Sofia Black-D'Elia #19: Because she's not afraid to flash her boobs in front of her friends.

w e l c o m e t o t h e 19th tea marvelli / sofia black-d'elia a p p r e c i a t i o n t h r e a d

001. xmidnightx
002. bebrave
003. MTG11687
004. Mammary_Glands
005. shut_uo_ste
006. bbertocchi
007. breaking silence
008. LongIslandIcedTea
009. BlackHalo
010. Antiquity
011. Counting_Clowns
012. Kvaker
013. Raiponce
014. cecizeta
015. PermanentCatcher
016. love ridden
017. ShortyK125
018. ThePurpleNinjaTurtle
019. Emily_Jawbreaker
020. Cookie_Sponge_Winchester
021. DGSAFDMD
022. BuildingCastles
023. Tobiko
024. lisagslack14
025. jaycee19
026. policebox
027. xlennie
028. n3a5ncy
029. Linder
030. beth bluth
031. Love2angel12
032. Andra
033. emzandnaomifan
034. Lovely_Truth
035. snuggle17
036. lizpotter4cp
037. Live in Love ~
038. WatchThisSpace
039. VariationEnigmatiques
040.Raiponce
041. diu12
042. dstar
043. NOLA504
044. iLoveChair
045. Scheming Star
046. makebelieve
047. Syrine
048. SergeantPepper
049. JamieScott

{ 01 } { 02 } { 03 } { 04 } { 05 } { 06 }

{ 01 } { 02 }

{ 01 } { 02 } { 03 } {04} {05} { 06 } { 07 } { 08 } {09 } {10 }
{ 11} { 12 }{ 13 } { 14 } { 15 } { 16 } { 17 } { 18 }

Because nobody matches up to her.
Because she can do something that Tony can't.
"Is it too much to ask for someone to be interesting?"
"Tea will become the most important thing in the world to us."
Openly gay and enigmatic. The tag along. The wild card. The Sleeper.
"I've been told I give off the wrong impression -- I can't possibly see why."
"I don't do drama. I don't like girls who do drama."
"I'll be direct: I like girls."
Because Tea doesn't do drama.
Because she likes to draw smokin' hot girls.
Let's be direct: Tea likes girls. And we like Tea.

~ Shaz ~
Old 02-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Extreme Fan

me likes the name of the thread
Old 02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Is this better than Tea? What do you think?

YouTube - Trying to learn Northern Soul dance...
Old 02-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

I see you have read the other posts on skins.tv? We really love this site today. It's kind of funny though.

TFTNT

Finally we are starting a new topic. Is it one thread each week now?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't know. Before ep1 aired the thread moved faster, but since [who know what happened] things got intense, but still we won't go anywhere, right people?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

tftnt!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Tftnt!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

That virgin story is so many things - hilarious, dimwitted, ignorant, a sign of ingrained heterosexism, etc. However it maybe also gives insight into what BE was thinking and how maybe his thought process was itself naive of certain viewers (ones who think virginity can only be lost with a man for instance) and not meant to cause the reaction we have seen.

I compare two sequences.

One is Tea and Betty having sex. They start kissing against the wall of the exterior of the club, they are so caught up in passion they have to stop halfway up the steps to make out, they are then shown in bed in a sequence of many edits and positioning (the most provocative being Tea and Betty sitting up facing each other) culminating in multiple orgasms for Tea. The next morning their naked bodies are in embrace.

The other is Tea and Tony having sex. A drinking Tea kisses Tony. She moves to a couch. He begins have sex with her on the couch. She looks disinterested and not into it. It is over immediately. She calls it "terrible" and then says women that like sex with a man are stupid.

So we have sex that is long, filled with multiple orgasms, and completely satisfactory for Tea vs. sex that is extremely short, unsatisfactory, and "terrible" for Tea. More simply put. Sex with Betty - incredible. Sex with Tony - terrible.

What BE fails to comprehend is that when it comes to a predominantly straight viewing audience, this is not enough and that there is often a mental override of what is shown. What he fails to also comprehend is that many audiences, whether female or male, view solely from the male POV. With that combo it becomes all about Tony and his want of a woman Tea (with Tea's wants not really figuring in). BE's failure is to a point about a lack of comprehension of how audiences react. I don't think BE's intention is bad. I think his lack of comprehension of how audiences can react and his lack of knowledge on lesbian representation have led him down this path - one in which what he probably saw as exciting and original is, to lesbians, the same junk that have been inundated with for far too long. In a way, BE's belief in the audience may have backfired. Unlike BE, many lesbian viewers knew what the reaction would be, knew that Tea/Tony would start being shipped, and knew that what was supposed to be original was not original.

Last edited by Inesal; 02-03-2011 at 09:56 PM
Old 02-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

I totally agree with you about BE, Inesal
But, I don't think Tea had sex with Tony, they just started making out and he...well...
~ Shaz ~
Old 02-04-2011, 01:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Good morning/arvo/evening my lovely fellow Tea stalkers lovers tftnt

Sammmiekins
Old 02-04-2011, 05:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

That post was fantastic and absolutely right. Everyone is like T/T are so fantastic together and their "thing" (whatever it was) was so hot. It's like they completely ignore tea's reaction and that's partly due to BE's bad writing at the end. He should've made it clear to everyone. I know that he didn't mean anything bad but it was naive to think that this wouldn't happen. And it doesn't really help lesbians to be taken seriously. It's sad but it happened. That's why I don't get his comment about how this is a sweet story since the "sweetness" was ruined with that crap and people's reactions. IF they get a second season I want him to right his wrongs. If he doesn't do it then, I'm done with him but until then.....we'll see what will happen. Although there's one thing I won't excuse. Tea having feelings for Tony because everyone will be like "Oh this is such a tragic love story. If she wasn't gay she could be with him. Too bad she's gay......." and yxou know this is exactly what will happen and we don't need to look for these comments. I usually try to avoid the places where you can find those but they are everywhere. But at least he even adressed thse issues on twitter. I don't think he fully gets why this is so annoying but at least he cdommented on it.

I feel like monday's episode is a kind of make it or break it thing. The situation is pretty tense among the fandom. I don't think it's too much to ask for a lesbian not to have any feelings like that for a guy and if he thinks that would be a new and original story then he is not worth my time. But I hope that he doesn't ruin this show fo me because I want to like it and I love the actors, maybe not their acting but they are really nice. PLEASE BE, don't ruin it.

The sex thing is just another thing in Tea's episode that left everyone questioning. No one even knows what exactly happened like no one can say for sure what tea was thinking at the end and I don't like to not know these things, because now everyone sees them like they want to. I fear that monday's episode will make this thread move faster for an hour or two and then it will die down if things go wrong. I don't want that.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

They didn't have the fckn sex C'mon, 2 seconds barely can be sex
~ Shaz ~
Old 02-04-2011, 05:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey, don't tell that to me! I'm completel with you
I feel sorry for Michelle. Come on, they can't seriously want to make us believe Michelle would be begging someone like that to sleep with her. I mean, why???
Old 02-04-2011, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

Because she loves him (I don't understand it either ) and feels this is the only way she can have him?
Tea won't go with someone like that, ever
~ Shaz ~
Old 02-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Maybe he's a little bit mmmh, .....erghm... better (?) when they have sex. Otherwise Michelle needs someone to show her that there's more to sex.

Maybe Americans prefer to post on other boards. That's my explanation. I mean, the gen 3 character threads are being posted in but it's basically only this thread out of the US gen. I'm just talking about character threads. It's sad.