Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Skins USA #18: TODAY!

US SKINS DISCUSSION POST #18

Skins is a wild ride through the lives of a group of high school friends stumbling through the mine field of adolescence ... and stepping on most of the mines as they go.

We'll meet TONY; good looking, witty, manipulative - he wants everything, and usually gets it. Then there's his girlfriend MICHELLE; gorgeous and clever, just not clever enough to realize Tony may not be the right one for her. And maybe the right one is actually Tony's best friend, STANLEY. He's everything Tony isn't, and that might end up being a good thing. Of course, Stanley is stuck in a pretend relationship with CADIE, possibly the most dysfunctional girl ever to attend a high school ... or maybe that's all just another thing she's faking. You'll love CHRIS because, well, everyone does. No drug is too obscure for him to try, and no sexual mountain too high for him to climb. Complicating everyone's life is the infamous TEA. She likes girls. And girls like her. What more is there to figure out ... right? And let's not forget ABBUD, the not so devout Moslem and DAISY, the responsible one of the group who is just itching to break some rules of her own.

Be it sex, drugs, the breadth of friendships or the depth of heartbreaks, Skins is an emotional mosh-pit that slams through the insanity of teenage years. They'll crush hearts and burn brain cells, while fearlessly confronting every obstacle head on ... or slightly off.

Tony Synder (James Newman)
James Newman was a 17-year-old Senior at Saint Ann's School in Brooklyn, preparing his college admission applications
and training for the New York Golden Gloves Boxing Tournament, when his older brother Griffin suggested he audition for
the new MTV series Skins. Four months later, he was in Toronto playing the lead part of Tony for the series pilot. This is
James' first appearance in television, film or theatre.
Eura Snyder (Eleanor Zich)
Eleanor Zichy became interested in acting when at the age of ten she saw a production of Stephen Sondheim's Sunday in
the Park with George in London's West End. She has been a student of drama through courses she has taken at the Avenue Road
School of the Arts and the Dean Armstrong Acting Studio in Toronto. Next year, she will be a student at the Etobicoke School of the
Arts, an arts-academic high school in Toronto. Skins is her first professional role as an actress.
Michelle Richardson (Rachel Thevenard)
Rachel Thevenard hails from Waterloo, Ontario, but spent a good portion of her childhood in Vancouver, BC. She loves to
run and hopes to someday complete a marathon. Rachel also loves to bake with friends, and cakes are her specialty. Entering her
last year of high school, Rachel hopes she will continue with her acting career. She began acting in and around her hometown mostly
doing Shakespearean plays, but also had a stint as a member of the Pep Squad in Drayton Entertainment's production of High
School Musical. She has completed acting classes at Armstrong Acting Studios in Toronto.
Tea Marvelli (Sofia Black D'Elia)
Sofia Black-D'Elia grew up in North Jersey with her parents and older brother Kyle. At the age of 5, she began her involvement
in theatre with dancing classes at Broadway Bound. She later realized an affinity for acting and began auditioning for films and TV. At
age 17, Sofia landed her first major gig as Bailey, a recurring role on All My Children. Later, an opportunity to join the cast of Skins arose
and she was excited to be able to play the role of Tea.
Stanley Lucerne (Daniel Flaherty)
Daniel Flaherty is from Glen Rock, New Jersey. He spends his free time skateboarding, playing guitar and singing in his band,
MF Killer Starfish. Daniel started studying acting at age 11. When he turned 13, he booked his first short film, My First Kiss. He's been in
many independent and college short films over the years, as well as commercials and voiceovers. Daniel is very excited to be a part of Skins.
Chris Collins (Jesse Carere)
Jesse Carere, age 17, is from Woodbridge, ON. His parents are Milva and Vince Carere and he is the eldest of three siblings.
Jesse currently attends St. Michael's College School in downtown Toronto. He loves cinema and his favorite hobby is watching a good movie.
His favorite actors are Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, and Robert Downey Jr. Jesse's interest in acting led to his very first
role as Chris in MTV's Skins. He has always lived by the saying, "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it, you'll land among the stars."
Abbud Siddiky (Ron Mustafaa)
Ron Mustafaa was 6 years old when his family moved from India to Oshawa, ON. He's currently attending the University of
Toronto as an undergrad student majoring in International Law and Political Science. Ron's hobbies include acting, playing basketball,
watching movies, strumming the guitar and hanging out with friends. While he hopes that he will pursue a career in film and television,
he is also very academic and aspires to attend law school in the future.
Daisy Valero (Camille Cresencia-Mills)
Camille Cresencia-Mills is a native Torontonian and lives with her mom, dad and sister. She was born in July, 1993 and is
currently a student at the Etobicoke School of the Arts majoring in Drama. Camille has appeared in the TV series Warehouse 13 and the
web series Motherload. She has also studied jazz and ballet, and in her spare time likes to relax with a great book.
Cadie Campbell (Britne Oldford)
Britne Oldford is 18 years old and lives in Toronto with her stepsister, brother, parents and three pet rats. This natural clown was
a theatre major in high school and has played characters ranging from Demetrius in A Midsummer Night's Dream to Clytemnestra in the
Greek Tragedies. She's a huge "foodie" and loves cooking. The two things she is always on the lookout for are recipes to try and bands to
listen to. She is constantly searching for that new band and new sound to take over her body and soul. To her, the most important elements
in life are love, food, music and happiness.
Sofia Black D'Elia (Tea)
Sofia Black-D'Elia (sblackdelia) on Twitter
James Newman (Tony)
James Newman (jamesmilonewman) on Twitter
Camille Cresencia-Mills (Daisy)
Camille CM (camillecm) on Twitter
Rachel Thevenard (Michelle)
Rachel Thevenard (rachelmct) on Twitter
Britne Oldford (Cadie)
Britne Oldford (BritneOldford) on Twitter
Daniel Flaherty (Stanley)
Danny Flaherty (DannyFlaherty_) on Twitter
Ron Mustafaa (Abbud)
Ron Mustafaa (ron_mustafaa) on Twitter
Jesse Carere (Chris)
Jesse Carere (xjessecarere) on Twitter

Cast at MTV's VMAs 1
Cast at MTV's VMAs 2
Sofia and Camille on set
Eura and Camille on set
Ron and Daniel on set
Original cast pic

Official MTV Page
Official Site
Official Tumblr
Fan Tumblr
Official Twitter

S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 01-17-2011 at 04:26 AM
Old 01-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

i don't know if this was posted before but:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/04/ar..._r=1&src=twrhp

also:

Old 01-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Vid of the cast in NYC: here.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Banned

ugh james and sofia are too darn cute i don't even know what to do with myself.

tftntnt!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

i was talking about this is in the tony/tea thread but did sofia just give james a peck around the 0:44 mark?
Old 01-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT!

and theres a new vid up on fb Videos Posted by Skins (US): Jan 7, 2011 6:25pm | Facebook
Old 01-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

i love it! especially that little bit of michelle screaming and "trying to mount" (lolwut) stanley at the beginning.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

They uploaded two more promos as well

lol @ Abbud being a drama queen in that scene with Tea and Tony
Old 01-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Banned

Videos Posted by Skins (US): Jan 7, 2011 6:25pm | Facebook

tony kissing michelle in the kitchen at the end </3
Old 01-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

I have to say, I'm feeling strangely attracted to Stanley in the clips from his episode.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammary_Glands (View Post)
Videos Posted by Skins (US): Jan 7, 2011 6:25pm | Facebook

tony kissing michelle in the kitchen at the end </3
forever forever forever so wonderful beautiful flawless otp no one will ever match up to them
Old 01-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

after a lot of pausing and rewinding im gonna vote no. 1) hes slightly in front of her. 2) shes leaning in to high
Old 01-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

there are these new characters trailers on skins.tv

Old 01-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Banned

um tea/abbud > everyone else

did you see the way she sat on his lap in that one trailer?
1. it looks like abbud has a naval ring
2. omg james' diqq imprint! brb!
3. and another thing worth noting;

Last edited by Mammary_Glands; 01-07-2011 at 09:30 PM
Old 01-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Supreme Fan

wow, we got a lot of good stuff today! i've only seen eura's character trailer and lol, i like it. brb watching the rest.