Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

Skins UK 5x08 [Everyone] Episode Discussion #2

5X08: EVERYONE

Writer: Sean Buckley
Director: Dominic Leclerc

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
On Rich and Grace's wedding day, the gang are pulling together for the happy couple. But with shambolic Alo as best man, they soon run into trouble. Will they make it to the church on time?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Total Fan

keep the ball rolling, on with the discussion~

They did so well this season! This seasons' Skins sets the bar wayyyy up high.

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

This epidode was IMO the strongest series finale of Skins yet, although a laughably small amont of time was devoted to the supposed central plot of Rich/Grace's wedding.

I still hate Maty no matter how much the writers are convinced that we should jizz our pants with adoration and intrigue whenever he deigns to appear. I feel he's responsible for both Franky's regression (that's not the right word. I know she still has demons buried, but the difference between 503 Franky and 508 Franky is shocking) this episode and Liv's regression for the latter half of the series. Her character assaassination was particularly nonsensical after all of those epiphanies she had in her ep.

I have no problem with Liv/Matty because their relationship was actually given a fairly believable and beautiful context for cultivation and development. They’re both wayward outsiders, but unlike Fratty, we were actually shown that they explored and interpreted the ways the other was misunderstood. My issue arises in that the writers made it clear Liv’s connection to Matty was integral to catalyze the long-term viability of her trust epiphany and character development. Matty was needed at least temporarily to help Liv learn that vulnerability can lead to strength instead of pain, and to allow her to cement her understanding of her own self-worth. Why would the writers waste time making the Liv/Matty relationship symbolize such a momentous stepping stone in Liv’s life only to instantaneously throw it under the bus for Fratty? Katie served a similar purpose in series 3 when the writers threw her in a dead ended relationship with Freddie to highlight the epic love between Freddie and Effy. The key difference there is that their pairing was clearly designated as nothing more than that; it was introduced as an afterthought of shallow lust in a largely unrelated episode and the relationship ran its course with an oblivious Katie as comedic couple filler. Although a frustratingly pointless plotline for Katie’s character, it was relatively harmless because it didn’t claim to be bigger. The egg is unnecessarily thrown back on Liv’s face for half a series because she regresses horribly in the wake of the Fratty conundrum.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberness (View Post)
They did so well this season! This seasons' Skins sets the bar wayyyy up high.
Yeah, I hope Skins keep up this good standard next series! *fingers crossed*

I like the fact that this series ended on a high, but still left you wondering what will happen next series. It was a good cliffhanger in the way that it showed you don't necessarily need a dramatic ending to make it a cliffhanger.

Bring on Series 6

Old 03-22-2011, 08:40 PM
New Fan

Hey does anyone have what Nick said to Gracie's dad? Something about the world being ****ed up but they're living through it anyway. It was towards the end of the episode at the church. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooge (View Post)
Hey does anyone have what Nick said to Gracie's dad? Something about the world being ****ed up but they're living through it anyway. It was towards the end of the episode at the church. Thanks!
I think it was "I don't know if you've been outside lately, but it's pretty screwed up, but no matter what comes our way we have a good go at it, because it's all we can do."
Hope that helps

Chloe & Alek
Julie| twitter
Old 03-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ah, Nickasaur .

I thought his speech in the church was sweet. Slightly cheesy, but definitely moving. ... And now I'm in the mood for a re-watch. Such a lovely episode really.

Anyone know when they're supposed to start filming again?

I can't believe I'm missing these kids already.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

i want his speech to be backed up with something substantial for him next year. i thought it was heartfelt but slightly weird coming from a guy who didnt have any friends from series 5
Old 03-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeConstellation (View Post)
Ah, Nickasaur .

I thought his speech in the church was sweet. Slightly cheesy, but definitely moving. ... And now I'm in the mood for a re-watch. Such a lovely episode really.

Anyone know when they're supposed to start filming again?

I can't believe I'm missing these kids already.
They should start filming in late June.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
i want his speech to be backed up with something substantial for him next year. i thought it was heartfelt but slightly weird coming from a guy who didnt have any friends from series 5
I hold the same hope for S6. I loved his little speech... but as always, they didn't show us any of that. When did they help him, exactly? He wasn't even considered part of the gang until 5x08, poor boy.

No Skins today, what an useless Thursday.
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 03-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

I really really really loved this generation and season. I was behind and caught up with like 5 eps yesterday and GAH soooo good! I love me Skins marathons hehe
It'll be by your side
Old 03-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
No Skins today, what an useless Thursday.
SOBBING FOREVER
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson
Old 03-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

So....I've been thinking about this.

I really really REALLY wish they'd use this song as the series finale song (S6). Is it not just perfect?

Rush - Time Stand Still
Song:
YouTube - Rush - Time Stand Still (HQ)

Lyrics:
RUSH LYRICS - Time Stand Still
Old 03-26-2011, 03:46 PM
New Fan

I loved this episode! The best out of this series. I used to like Matty but now I can't stand him, he's getting in the way of Minky! haha, well I hope something between Minky happens next season, but I have a feeling it's gonna be a one-sided thing.

My Thurday nights are so quiet now
Old 03-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Man... I was really hoping they would keep the twitters going through the break.

I'm missing this gen waaay more than I missed gen 2 when they went on break.