Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Courtz!

I'm So excited for this movie!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Mask (View Post)
JADE How are you?

Ok, I wish it was Gen 1 focused with Gen 2 sprinkled on but I'll take this too
I'm okay. How are you? I miss you. You should post here more.

Same, but this means we'll get a bunch of CE.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Total Fan

Not sure it's relevant but Afterellen (who is best buds with E4 and got to watch the entire S4 in advance) have now confimed with the E4 Production Team that the movie is 100% a go.

So there you go, yet another confirmation.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:57 PM
New Fan

Help!!! Survey: Do u think Skins is the real life?

Hi, everyone. Here is Cherry.
I'm an international student in UK, and now i'm doing a small research project about media effects. As I'm a big fan of Skins, I choose this drama as my research subject.
Now I have to finish a simply questionnaire about the drama within several days, in order to get enough data, I really really need all of your help!!!
Followings are the questions, if you are interested in this survey and could reply for it, it would be amazingly great!!!

(This questionnaire will mainly focus on S01 and S02, as they used the recurrent characters.)

1.You are:
A. High school student; B. University student; C. At work; D. None of above

2.Your favourite character in Skins(S01&S02) is: Anwar /Cassie /Chris /Maxxie /Michelle /Sid /Tony /Jal /Sketch or others

3.What makes you like him or her? (or What you like the most inside this character?)

4.Did you cry for a certain scene?
If YES, do you remember what it is?
If NO, what is the most impressive scene or quote for you?

5.To what extent, do you think the teenage life presented in Skins can find itself in the real life?
A. It is totally the reflection of the real teenage life.
B. Most of the narrations are similar to the real teenage life.
C. Only several scenes come from the real teenage life nowadays.
D. It is completely a fictional world.

6.Have you ever found a certain scene similar to your own experience? (or Have you ever feel a certain scene finds an echo in your heart? )

7.What makes you fancy Skins so much? (or What makes you a fan of it? )

Hope everyone could help!!! Great appreciate for your patience!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

1.You are:
B. University student

2.Your favourite character in Skins(S01&S02) is:
Cassie & Sid & Effy

3.What makes you like him or her? (or What you like the most inside this character?)
Effy was really interesting as a character, so mysterious and gorgeous ha
Sid was so lovable, the underdog, you had to root for him and Cassie. Cassie was a bit of an underdog too, with Sid and her love life. They were just the sweet ones you wanted to suceed.

YES. When Chris died, it was heartbreaking.

5.To what extent, do you think the teenage life presented in Skins can find itself in the real life?
~ but obv. it's all concentrated into a small group of people which might not be as likely.

6.Have you ever found a certain scene similar to your own experience? (or Have you ever feel a certain scene finds an echo in your heart? )
I think I could empathize with Cassie, being overlooked and feeling inferior to Michelle, or Sid, everyone has those people in their life they love but don't fully appreciate them (Tony)

When it came out it was like no other show, it was fresh and funny and dramatic and had a great cast and a great soundtrack. It wasn't preachy, it wasn't fake. it had all the little bits and all the big bits going for it
Old 04-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

1. You are:
B. University Student

2. Your favourite character in Skins (S01&S02) is:
Tony & Effy

They were enigmatic, charismatic, intriguing and the catalyst for everything that happens in the series.

4. Did you cry for a certain scene? If YES, do you remember what it is? If NO, what is the most impressive scene or quote for you?
There were loads of scenes from Generation 1 that moved me to tears. They were: (1) Sid's father died. (2) Sid was on the beach, turned to Michelle and told her he was soo lonely. (3) Chris was rushed to the hospital. (4) Jal told his brothers about her being pregnant and they hugged. (4) Chris' death (5) Cassie all alone in New York, ate an apple and "Hometown Glory" plays. (6) Jal's speech during Chris' funeral. (7) Sid and Tony saying their goodbyes at the airport. (8) Pretty much the entire S2 finale. As for Generation 2, they were only quite a few but: (1) Effy's suicide attempt. (2) Effy telling Freddie "I love you" over and over again in the hospital (because I knew what was gonna happen next). (3) Effy calling out Freddie's name when she hears his voice in her head. (4) Effy reading what was written in Freddie's diary. (5) Karen looking for her brother in Naomi's house.

5. To what extent, do you think the teenage life presented in Skins can find itself in the real life?

6. Have you ever found a certain scene similar to your own experience? (or Have you ever feel a certain scene finds an echo in your heart? )
Chris. When he found out that his mum had abandoned him and he hid in that closet. Yeah, I have abandonment issues.

7. What makes you fancy Skins so much? (or What makes you a fan of it?)
Because it changed my life. It was the stillpoint of my downward spiraling world at the time when I first watched it.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

1.You are:
C. At work

2.Your favourite character in Skins(S01&S02) is: Cassie and Sid and Effy and Freddie for all generations

3.What makes you like him or her? (or What you like the most inside this character?) I like Sid and Freddie for some of the same reasons. They're more normal and all this craziness tends to be going on around them and they try to react to it all. I love Cassie and Effy because they're so complicated. You just never know how they're gonna react to something or do next.

4.Did you cry for a certain scene? Yes
If YES, do you remember what it is? When Freddie died
If NO, what is the most impressive scene or quote for you?

B. Some of the situations are more out there of course since its TV but MOST are based in something real that I can understand.

6.Have you ever found a certain scene similar to your own experience? (or Have you ever feel a certain scene finds an echo in your heart? ) Freddie's struggle with mental illness and wanting to believe he could help Effy and make things right.

Its very different from american TV. It has a very distinct attitude and style to the writing and cinematography and music.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

1.You are:
B. University student & C. At work

G1: Cassie, Effy, Sid, Chris // G2: Cook, Katie

I don't know, there's so much I could say about them. I loved Cassie's and Effy's uniqueness, Sid's & Chris's comedy, and Cook's & Katie's depth.

If YES, do you remember what it is? The scene is in Sid's S2 episode when he and Tony are at the club and he breaks down and tells him his father has died. The most impressive scene for me however is in Effy's S1 episode when she overdosed.

B. Most of the narrations are similar to the real teenage life. - Gen 1
D. It is completely a fictional world. - Gen 2

The feel of Gen 1, the closeness of the group, is was the "echo in my heart". It's what kept me watching. These kids were like a family and I loved that and could relate to it. It's not so much one scene in particular, as it is a small reflection of myself in different characters.

The cinematography, the music, the characters, the writing, everything really. The one thing I love most about it is that it's a teen drama that doesn't preach to you what right or wrong should be. It is what it is.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

^ Your answer to number 6 is lovely! I feel the same way as well. You're making me miss Gen 1 again.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

Opening auditions were held for Gen 3 yesterday. I can't believe the new gen is already being lined up. Time goes so quickly.

Check it out: http://www.jackbristol.com/newscentr...n-bristol-4117
Old 04-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Elite Fan

i wonder how these auditions go. do they already have a characters in mind or do they just form ones from those they pick?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantPepper (View Post)
i wonder how these auditions go. do they already have a characters in mind or do they just form ones from those they pick?
No the actors try out for certain parts I think that they have some script pages to read from.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for clearing that up. i want the sides exposed.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

For gen 2 they had a video showing the auditions. And yeah, they already have some script pages.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

1.You are:
B. University student & C. At work

Anwar /Cassie /Chris / Sid

I liked each of them for something different. Anwar mainly because he was a fun and adorable character. As for Chris/Cassie/Sid, I could relate to them the most. They were unique characters, Cassie was lost, had to find her way, she was living in her own world. Chris was the funnies character, I loved his humour, I loved that he just lived his life even though he had so many issues, his life wasn't perfect but he made the most of it. Sid was just adorably lost.

If YES, do you remember what it is?

Chris dying and his funeral. Also Tony/Sid in the club, when Sid told him that his father died.

B. Most of the narrations are similar to the real teenage life. - generation 1
D. It is completely a fictional world.

I could relate to bits and pieces of every character in the 1st generation. And I definitely could relate to some of the family issues, since my family isn't perfect to put it delicately.

The friendships, the closeness of the group. The characters, the music, cinematography.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.