Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
and matty ends up... in prison lol.
Lmfao at least something unpredictable has actually happened since the beginning of the season.

Quote:
I haven't seen it yet, just about to watch it now. I knew there's no way the mess created by the first 9 episodes can be cleared up in 45 mins, but, would people say it's a semi-decent send off?
Better than season 4 finale,that's sure. Even though Psycho Franky really really tested me.
Quote:
I really couldn't take anything seriously this ep. It just made me lol through out the entire thing. It sort of reminded me one tree hill or dawson's creek.
The first 10 minutes were just awful. With the Levan being creepy and Franky going once again nuts without any reason in particular.

Icon
Old 03-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Just watched it. It was okay, definitly one of the better episodes this series and better than 408. But, not nearly as good as the gen 1 send off. Rich/Alex stole the show for me, he was wonderful. Liv was great this ep and pretty much all of the series too.

On the negative side the pacing was a little off this episode. It also did nothing to make Franky sympathetic again. I'm actually in awe of how unlikeable she has become. Also, to be honest i'm still finding it hard to see how Mini having the baby is a happy ending for her. But, at least Alo was there for her in this ep.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Extreme Fan

My feelings on the finale:

I feel like it didn't start until halfway through because all the scenes (baring one with Liv/Mini/Alo) centred around Franky. It was like a continuation of the last episode in that respect. I reached a point with Franky's character where I can't stand her but it's actually got nearly nothing to do with her character persay but the fact that she seemed to dominate nearly every single episode this season. I was so sick of her at this point.

At the point where Alex came home the episode picked up for me. I love how he crawled into Liv's suitcase and I love their friendship. However, it's true that Liv needs to learn to stand on her own two feet. Which seems odd because she comes across as one of the strongest of the girls but she's also the one who most needs connections to others/places to talk through her problems. So I'm glad to see Liv/Mini sort their stuff. They're going to need one another I think.

I truly enjoyed the resolution to Mini/Alo. I did grow to like them over this series. Did I love them. Not really but, I think their face at the party said it all, they truly are happy together and that's enough for me (an aside, how cute was Nick when he smiled when he saw them making out, a good lesson for us all I think). I think they'll make a cute family wherein Mini will wear the pants, boss Alo around, pursue a powerful job while Alo stays home with baby, but he'll still moderately worship the ground she walks on. And I think she'll totally grow in feelings with him but retain a kind of disgusted, why did I pick him, fallback

I'm glad Matty & Nick could sort their problems out and I saw more of a glimpse of the Matty I really enjoyed in S5 this episode. He'd been in hiding for well, all of this series. His scene with Rich killed me (and I had so wanted one between them too). His face when Rich tells him that he sees Grace all the time and, apparently, they talk about everything that happened. Only Rich could make Matty speechless.

Rich and Grace. I love them entirely. I'm proud of Rich for getting into Cambridge. I'm not surprised he ended up in an honours program though Cambridge? I'll ignore my disbelief. At least he was shown to be studious and intelligent from the start (remember where he spied the angel of death in S5...yep, the library). Their kiss *cries* and the fact that he got to be the one to say bye...priceless.

I wonder if the writers were intending Rich to be seen as the openended question. Because, although my Hardlet heart was crying at his assertion that he sees Grace all the time (and he wasn't talking metaphorically) my rational, psychologist self was going OMG...he's bat ***** crazy. So I hope they bring Rich back for the S7 episodes.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow, so I got a chance to watch it. I'll talk about it later, too emotional driven atm.
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybanchica (View Post)
yeah i'm not blaming GL at all.
i'm sure she was pretty much told what to write for this finale...
LMAO betcha JB is sitting somewhere twirling his mustache.

yeah I take back what I said about it exceeding Series 4, 4x08 was an astronomical pile of bull**** that never should have been aired,

was okay meh lol the Rich getting into Cambridge reminds me of Panda/Thomo Harvard, although Rich seemed quite smart...Cambridge though geez, my firend's sister got into Cambridge, uhhm after she finished her masters and came first in her class but yeah I dunno how UCAS works anyway, I applied to it once upon a time. HAPPY FOR RICH SO FREAKING HAPPY. At least if he's at Cambridge his memory cannot be soiled

the music playing during all the Franky scenes was totes corny
shudda just played pump dat pussy or something.

Alo sounds awfully like Cook, thought it was Cook I was hearing several times until I looked at the screen.

The episode felt like 20 minutes there wasn't a lot resolved really there's not a lot to say they just kind of did a quick job of it having only 40 odd minutes not including adverts.

At least it's over, now we can fall in love with Gen 4 only to have our hearts ripped and our heads ****ed in Series 8. Can't wait
Old 03-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Alo sounds awfully like Cook, thought it was Cook I was hearing several times until I looked at the screen.
that's because they tried so hard to make him the ~leader of the gang~ this series.

i lol'd when franky jumped out of the guy's van. like wtf gurl...

rich getting into cambridge was the most believable part of the ep for me.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Elite Fan

babe, there won't be a gen four.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Mehhh.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztomania (View Post)
babe, there won't be a gen four.
thank god
Old 03-27-2012, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
was okay meh lol the Rich getting into Cambridge reminds me of Panda/Thomo Harvard, although Rich seemed quite smart...Cambridge though geez, my firend's sister got into Cambridge, uhhm after she finished her masters and came first in her class but yeah I dunno how UCAS works anyway, I applied to it once upon a time. HAPPY FOR RICH SO FREAKING HAPPY. At least if he's at Cambridge his memory cannot be soiled
So proud of my bb,seriously. **** yes for him. Nothing compared to Panda and Thomas Rich has actually always been a smart guy with good grades. Also the only decent song was in that scene. Paranoid by Blach Sabbath :') Old good times.
Quote:
Alo sounds awfully
Omg Alo needed to shut his bloody mouth to be honest. When he said to Liv that Mini had to stay alone... Wtf they have not talked all the season,Alo,shut up and focus and baby poo.
Quote:
i lol'd when franky jumped out of the guy's van. like wtf gurl...
How dare you think I'm not enough nuts! I'll show you.Watch me! You dumbass,I'm Franky badass!

Seriously, Franky's dads are too good for her. Poor guys.

Blank episode,but at least I had my Mini/Liv and my Rich being all right.
Gotta go play to Mass Effect 3 I've delayed this pleasure way too long.

Icon
Old 03-27-2012, 03:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
and matty ends up... in prison lol.
to be fair matty deserves to go to prison... for S5.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 AM
Master Fan

I think one man here deserves prison and that's all for season 6... BE

I'll gather some of my thoughts about the ep since it's the last thread and all, but for now I have to say I'm so glad Rich didn't die, I was worried. But they actually gave him the last scene
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 03-27-2012, 06:02 AM
Master Fan

Soo... I think Georgia did a lovely job in wrapping up all the storylines she was given, and each character was treated more than nicely.

So there wasn't any real cliffhanger or plot twist this time. No Rich drowning, Franky falling from a rooftop or Grace coming back alive, and honestly I'm thankful for that. In many ways Skins was over after 5x08 for me as I never really felt it this season, but this episode left me quite satisfied and I'm glad everyone ended up all right, no matter what had happened before.

I didn't necessarily find the episode extraordinary or anything as a whole, but the last ten minutes were very good imo. Maybe it's because it wasn't an 'everyone' episode until the last 20 minutes, but more like a Franky one - introducing her mother was necessary for her character but it was too late now, it had great potential and THIS should have been the content of her episode - that it seemed to me quite 'slow' as a whole, but kudos to the writer for enlightening every relationship and giving closure to every character best way that she could.

My favourite part was Rich, Mini/Liv, Liv/Alex (even though he ended up being pointless) Levancest and Jess being there.
Rich saying 'bye' I'm glad he was the one who got the last word and even managed to break the fourth wall. It's like he was saying to the viewers 'this is it, life may be not perfect but move on with a smile, and say goodbye to Skins with the same attitude.' Which is kinda the state of mind this episode left me in, so kudos to Georgia Lester for that.
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh god, everything you said Mel. I'm an emotional wreck right now, because I loved this generation and just really sad so I can't say anything more.
BUT yes to everything you said!

Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Master Fan

This would have been much better as this series' 'Franky' episode imo.