Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
get outta here with that bs.
Sorry? How about no? it doesn't matter if I don't know Rachel in real life, I'm still pretty sure she's a real person. And please keep in mind bashing real persons is not allowed, as Nia already told you. Thank you.
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 03-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Brilliant, Innocent, Concerned. She is obsessed with Mini's baby because for one, she cares for every person in the group. Second, she doesn't want the baby to end up like her, a orphan( this is why she was trying to tell Alo to go back with Mini, even though she said the wrong words)
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Zero (View Post)
She is obsessed with Mini's baby because for one, she cares for every person in the group. Second, she doesn't want the baby to end up like her, a orphan( this is why she was trying to tell Alo to go back with Mini
this kind of makes sense to me.

i think you should share your opinion about a character or episode like you did just now, instead of telling people that they just don't get it or that they are sheep - bcos that just never goes well, unless you actually do enjoy this.
anyway, by sharing your opinion on the characters like this, there's a chance people might understand where you're coming from. or not. but that's just how stuff is
Old 03-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Saying you know Franky is like saying you can correctly interpret the ****ing Bible.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybanchica (View Post)
Best comment

Back to the episode anyway.

I can't deal with Rich being amazing. He was in so many scenes and he was so precious. Not to mention rather attractive with the eye-liner.I have missed him so much.
Was he supposed to be Hook or just some random pirate?
Quote:
YES, Rich is my baby and every time I saw him this episode I wanted to hug him. He was perfect
Pretty much. When Alo says he wants to run away and Rich tries to call him,I don't know,I've felt like he was going to tell him that running does not make the pain go away. He had such a broken face.
And also all the pictures of him and Gracie in the locker :'(
Quote:
Lighter than all the other eps, they really needed a bit of a rest from the drama and I guess you could only get that from Alo
It had some comedy moments that reminded me of generation 1 to be honest.
Quote:
Will is an amazing actor and so is Freya, I keep saying that every week, but it's the first thing I notice with each passing episode.

Edit: The soundtrack was amazing. Finally! It's the first episode of the season I'm liking the music.

Icon
Old 03-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Stop deleting my damn posts, I didn't call him anything.
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
Old 03-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Our opinions about that seem to differ, check your pms please
Old 03-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
mte. that's what i loved most about it. the kids party was a bit like abi's party in the pilot.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

Man, they made Alo the leader of the gang, gave him the nice girl and ten times the screentime of the other males combined... and here we are talking about Franky. What they need to do to make him the focus on his own episode? Poor boy
Old 03-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybanchica (View Post)
mte. that's what i loved most about it. the kids party was a bit like abi's party in the pilot.
Same here It's been ages I wasn't laughing like that on Skins. And Will is just an excellent actor he can pull off comedy and drama both very well.

I liked the moment with his uncle also.
Even though I don't think that sleeping in a playground is actually a smart move when you're declared pedophile

Icon
Old 03-06-2012, 04:32 PM
New Fan

Err I'm not sure if it is ever appropriate to be vindictive or spiteful, online or in real life, and I think one of the best pieces of advice came from "myusername" when they told Dark-Zero to give their reasoning and understanding of things instead of simple demands with substance. If we all try to bring our own well thought out opinions to the table and share them in a civilized manner, then the board will obviously be a better place.

Dark-Zero, as for your thoughts, I never connected Mini's baby to Franky's abandonment, that's a good thought! And while her concern/love/dedication to everyone in the group was certainly a trait I believed to have defined her throughout series 5, I'm afraid her actions thus far in S6 forced me think otherwise. Her total willingness to abandon all her friends she supposedly loved so much in 601 completely countered that understanding of her, and beyond that I feel like she's been on and off in regard to her caring for the group. So I'm not sure I totally buy that aspect of her, just because the content of the show has sort've proven otherwise, but I really like your theory on why she's so drawn to the baby!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Let's just move on and discuss the episode please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
Yes, I was going to say this! The comedy remind me so much of generation 1, so this episode was definitely a good one for me.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Also, if anyone has any questions concerning your confusion towards Franky, ask me in Franky/Dakota's thread.

But like Forelsket said,

What was everyone's take on the ending? I didnt really think that was a proper way to end the episode, it didnt actually feel like an ending of a Skins's episode. Like there was more to be desired.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

A not so bad episode by the extremely low standards of series 6 (and a lousy by one in the context of Skins history), the Alo episode is heavy with the anvil while progressing the series not one iota. Alo is Peter Pan and if that sledgehammer of symbolism of refusing to grow up is not enough he escapes temporarily into a relationship with a woman who also is not grown up (literally in her case).

The reality is the people that need to grow up are the writers of series 6. While not weighted down with reactionary sexual politics as prior episodes, this episode is still staggeringly heavyhanded.

Poppy, like Alex, is a character far more enjoyable than the series 6 nonsensical reinterpretations of series 5's fascinating characters. Poppy and Alo actually have some chemistry and it is a shame, even if it is obviously coming, that Poppy is a minor.

I agree with the assessment with Freya, a fine actress let down by this show, shows some considerable acting chops here. It is a shame that the Alo/Mini relationship is so contrived and so bogus in every regard that scenes that could have power instead are riddled with a staggering inauthenticity.

At this point, several things have come out of series 6 (both in what is shown and the retcons). Same sex attraction between women is a sign of immaturity and must be grown out of. Adrogyny is a sign of immaturity and must be grown out of. Non-monogamy and/or an inability to commit to a relationship are signs of daddy issues that must be grown out of. Thinking of having an abortion is a no-no (for understanding a woman's place is to have babies is a sign of growing up).

Alo's episode does not focus on a gay man or a woman so the reactionary politics aren't in play as much. But in the end, it is the same old junk that has destroyed this series, a tired plotline mired in creative bankruptcy. Apparently instead of getting a series dealing with the complex relationships of series 5, we are getting a sermon (with plenty of titillation to go with the moralizing) about how growing up is fitting classic roles of femininity and masculinity (intriguingly Alex, the one LGBT character after the retcons, seems more a probable prop for Liv's story to find resolution). Cecil B. DeMille storytelling was passe a long, long time ago and for good reason.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Alo had more chemistry with Poppy in 15 mins than in all his scenes with Mini...awk.

Watching Malo "develop" is like watching paint dry. They're bludgeoning us so hard with endgame foreshadowing, it's practically seizure inducing. While I don't ship Malo, at the end of season 5 I could've agreed they'd be kinda cute. Now they've been replaced by two cardboard drones I don't like at all (but to be fair that's 3/4 of the characters). They've been used for nothing but dick innuendo and sexual comic relief the entire series, and now they're suddenly in love? Their ~epic love is hard enough to swallow without the rationale being that Alo's the first guy to not treat Mini like **** and that they "can't do any better than each other" (Will's own words)

No disrespect to Malo shippers, just my opinion.