Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beached (View Post)
You are doing it right. If you love it, say so There's plenty from the past in Skins that I adore but got a hammering, usually from the sort of bellends that aren't capable of forming their own opinions. It's not their opinion that counts, is it?
Exactly.

The thing is people are always going to disagree on episodes and whether they like them or not, but then there will be a lot of people who like the episodes.

For example when I was just a casual viewer I watch S4 and really liked it then I found out a lot of people didn't like it... well, it was kind of shocking for me at first.

For me I've liked all the episodes of this series, but of course continuity is a real problem this series, but if I don't really take that into consideration, it's be pretty enjoyable.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDEMNED666 (View Post)
Spoiler:
but who else is Nick going to end up with without needing to cast someone else from outside the gang?

However, having said that, I didnt mind Carly as a cameo girl
I think Nick will end up alone, mostly because of the whole Matty situation. Its going to blow up, for sure.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Addicted Fan

The thing about Skins and the relationships the show has had in its history

Sometimes the couples which seem the most unlikely are the ones which work out in the end

EG Rich and Grace should never have happened at all because Rich and Grace's taste in music were complete opposites

The only relationship which worked because the people were similar was Tony and Michelle, but that's because they were two jocks initially
Old 02-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The thing about Skins and the relationships the show has had in its history

Sometimes the couples which seem the most unlikely are the ones which work out in the end

EG Rich and Grace should never have happened at all because Rich and Grace's taste in music were complete opposites

The only relationship which worked because the people were similar was Tony and Michelle, but that's because they were two jocks initially
I think Naomi and Emily were sorta similar. Im not completely sure though
Old 02-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Zero (View Post)
I think Naomi and Emily were sorta similar. Im not completely sure though
For "keeping up with appearances" purposes Naomi was uncomfortable with disclosing the relationship by going with Emily to the school prom
Old 02-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
For "keeping up with appearances" purposes Naomi was uncomfortable with disclosing the relationship by going with Emily to the school prom
Yeah, you right. She was conservative, Emily wasnt
Old 02-29-2012, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

Inseal and LNJ, you guys are my heros. Couldn't have said anything better myself.

You can still enjoy the show purely for entertainment, but I think people who are negatively critiquing the series are doing so from a perspective grounded in characterization and continuity issues.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just to Mini's "obvious sex issues": I don't think it's that obvious. Nick was the wrong guy for her, he didnt love her, he betrayed her with Liv and she even knew that, and first times are always ****, especially when you are scared. She was also scared that Nick might find out she's still a virgin.
We saw her (maybe) ****ing with Nick in Liv's S5 episode, and she could have stopped it, if she didn't want it. She didnt. One possible reason was that she was hoping to get Nick back, but she actually knew it was lost. Sex with Nick was painful to watch, yes, but it reminded me at my own first times, they were horrible and I'm still not lesbian because of that.

I mean, Mini is not 100% straight, but I never got the gay vibes from her. Never. Just because her sex with Nick was ****, and she had a little girl crush on Franky (and IMO it wasn't more, it's completely logical that she tries to give up already in the season 5 finale on Franky (in the end) when she sees that there's real attraction between both of them) she isn't a lesbian. Maybe she can be bisexual.
But I still don't get people's problem with Malo, and I'm pissed.
They had sex in Morocco because Mini was horny, she thought she could give the whole sex thing a second chance and with Alo she didn't need to feel inferior like she felt with Nick, thats just logical. So she was more relaxed and deffo she could enjoy it more.
And it happens so often that feelings can come between friends with benefits, we never had a story like this imo. (Ceffy didn't count imo, because they never really said thats just friends with benefits)

Sorry if I insulted someone, but I don't think series 6 is bad (and Malo is the main reason why people think that, along with Frick.)
Old 02-29-2012, 03:13 AM
Extreme Fan

I read the last comments posted here. Kill me if you want, but I share the same opinions as Inesal and LNJ and I disagree with Dark-Zero, but I don't think that matters anyway. Some people enjoy s6, some don't. I'm not enjoying it; I did enjoy s5. I even enjoyed s4 if you take out the whole Effy storyline.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:26 AM
Loyal Fan

No hate or anything but if you guys seem to think its is getting worst, i honestly dont think you should watch it. IMO, it seems like it would be wasting your time to watch something you dont like enjoy and you have to drag yourself to watch it. I would tell you all who dont find Skins the same to honestly watch Misfits S1-2 or go back and just watch Gen 1 since to most fans, its amazingly perfect. It should give you a break between S6 and a possible S7. You could save you 3-4 hours of your future.

Also, dont take this as an insult, im just suggesting it.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minyita (View Post)
Just to Mini's "obvious sex issues": I don't think it's that obvious. Nick was the wrong guy for her, he didnt love her, he betrayed her with Liv and she even knew that, and first times are always ****, especially when you are scared. She was also scared that Nick might find out she's still a virgin.
We saw her (maybe) ****ing with Nick in Liv's S5 episode, and she could have stopped it, if she didn't want it. She didnt. One possible reason was that she was hoping to get Nick back, but she actually knew it was lost. Sex with Nick was painful to watch, yes, but it reminded me at my own first times, they were horrible and I'm still not lesbian because of that.

I mean, Mini is not 100% straight, but I never got the gay vibes from her. Never. Just because her sex with Nick was ****, and she had a little girl crush on Franky (and IMO it wasn't more, it's completely logical that she tries to give up already in the season 5 finale on Franky (in the end) when she sees that there's real attraction between both of them) she isn't a lesbian. Maybe she can be bisexual.
But I still don't get people's problem with Malo, and I'm pissed.
They had sex in Morocco because Mini was horny, she thought she could give the whole sex thing a second chance and with Alo she didn't need to feel inferior like she felt with Nick, thats just logical. So she was more relaxed and deffo she could enjoy it more.
And it happens so often that feelings can come between friends with benefits, we never had a story like this imo. (Ceffy didn't count imo, because they never really said thats just friends with benefits)

Sorry if I insulted someone, but I don't think series 6 is bad (and Malo is the main reason why people think that, along with Frick.)
So to sum it up you are a Malo shipper so therefore the consistent depiction of Mini falling for Franky in series 5 is "a little girl crush". Because that is all it is when a young woman starts falling for a woman. Just a "little girl crush" that clearly will be overcome by real love which can only be between a woman and the man who brings her to an orgasm.

By the way, it is no longer 1954 where such fallacies were pushed.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
No hate or anything but if you guys seem to think its is getting worst, i honestly dont think you should watch it. IMO, it seems like it would be wasting your time to watch something you dont like enjoy and you have to drag yourself to watch it. I would tell you all who dont find Skins the same to honestly watch Misfits S1-2 or go back and just watch Gen 1 since to most fans, its amazingly perfect. It should give you a break between S6 and a possible S7. You could save you 3-4 hours of your future.

Also, dont take this as an insult, im just suggesting it.
I watch all the eps when they air in case smth good happens, but for example I haven't downloaded Nick's ep because I don't want to watch it again. And no, we don't go back to gen1, it's enough to watch s5 to see smth good. Oh, and Misfits is brilliant, even the 3rd series. I love Rudy.
I can re-watch any old show as many times as I want, that doesn't make me a hater of what airs in the present. It's just about appreciating smth or not. Oh, and even s4 seems amazingly perfect compared to s6.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inesal (View Post)
So to sum it up you are a Malo shipper so therefore the consistent depiction of Mini falling for Franky in series 5 is "a little girl crush". Because that is all it is when a young woman starts falling for a woman. Just a "little girl crush" that clearly will be overcome by real love which can only be between a woman and the man who brings her to an orgasm.

By the way, it is no longer 1954 where such fallacies were pushed.
Even if I weren't a Malo-shipper, I'd still say that. Yes, imo it's a little girl crush. If it wasn't "just a little girl crush", tell me, why doesn't she seem to bother that Franky goes on with Matty in the end of S5? She had a girl crush, it was blatant, yes, but things happen, and imo she's over her, because it was obvious that Franky was in love with Matty. I don't see real love between Mini and Franky in the end of series 5. Yeah, it could have been developed in series 6, but otherwise it couldn't have been developed. Minky got a pretty open ending in series 5, so anything could have happened, and it happened that Mini seems to be over Franky, and decides to start enjoying sex with men, I don't see nothing wrong with it.
Mini was never completely lesbian imo. We didn't have any proof that she likes just girls. She could also be bisexual (that's what I still think tbh).

Naomily wasn't just a little girl crush, I got serious and deep feelings from both of them, while Mini seemed to have a girl crush (it's not even deep love, she liked franky, she cares about her, but I don't think she really loved her in a romantically way) and Franky was busy being in love with Matty. So that's why Minky never worked for me, but whatever.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by diu12 (View Post)
I watch all the eps when they air in case smth good happens, but for example I haven't downloaded Nick's ep because I don't want to watch it again. And no, we don't go back to gen1, it's enough to watch s5 to see smth good. Oh, and Misfits is brilliant, even the 3rd series. I love Rudy.
I can re-watch any old show as many times as I want, that doesn't make me a hater of what airs in the present. It's just about appreciating smth or not. Oh, and even s4 seems amazingly perfect compared to s6.
I didn't say you go back to Gen 1, I said you should. It seems you were insult by my comment, so I'm going to leave this conversation alone.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I didn't say you go back to Gen 1, I said you should. It seems you were insult by my comment, so I'm going to leave this conversation alone.
By that comment and other of your recent comments. It's like we're idiots because we can't appreciate the ''greatness'' that is s6. At least let us decide what we like and what we don't.