Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

[QUOTE=bailamicorazon;61635505]

Quote:
Matty asking (demanding?) Nick to deal with those thugs was asking a bit much... but he was probably in danger, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Nick's betrayal of his brother, and then the scene with Franky answering Matty's call at the end... pretty uncalled for, in my opinion.
It's to show that while love exists there is still obvious tension between them. Also they are setting up the epic Matty vs. Nick showdown. The rest is a mess. The manner in which it happened was disgusting. Franky's behaviour in this episode is approaching barely redeemable.

Quote:
On the plus side--that group scene was fantastic. I love how everyone is at different places emotionally--Rich was very mature.
I agree but it's odd to me how Franky gets a pass and Matty doesn't. I guess the term catalyst escapes the understanding of these characters. Also Franky is amazingly forgiven for associating with Luke knowing his involvement in the matter? Too much lopsided storytelling.

Dakota Blue Richards. MyBliss Interview.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

I'm assuming the actor who played Nick's dad had a scheduling conflict. The biggest disappointment of the ep for me was how Nick's issues with his father were just dropped. Although at the rate S6 is going, I'm hardly surprised that pyschological issues were thrown under the bus in favor of angsty romance.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

I sure they are all mad that Matty ran from the accident. I get why he ran, I don't like it, but I get it. I blame Luke more than I blame Matty or Frankie for the accident. I don't believe that Matty should be stuck in Morocco and abandon by everyone. Especially his own brother, Matty screwed up yes, but he's still Nick's brother.

Grace was the most loving, giving, kindest soul. She would probably be the first person to outreach her hand in support to Matty if it had been Liv who had gotten hurt instead of her.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:11 AM
Extreme Fan

what a *****fest of an ep and series. i can't
Old 02-28-2012, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

Ok the gang scenes at the club,the bathroom scenes and the Nale kiss were so beautiful.Very strong and emotional.One of the best this season to be honest.

I liked the girl Nick had sex with. Hilarious.

I have two complaints though.Except for Franky
I thought the mafia storyline was boring and those guys speak italian so good just as I speak good german,I swear.
Secondly WHERE THE **** IS RICH? LET HIM HAVE FEW SCREENTIME.
I swear I'll crash everything down if he won't have a decent amount of scenes next episodes,jfc.
I loved his moment though. Perfection Why are you so good? It was a quick moment but you could feel Rich,Mini and Nick different pains all over.Intense.

I'm a **** sorry *kiss*
Alex/Nick are really the best. Can they at least keep on having scenes together?Thanks a lot.I hope next time Nick will call Alex directly instead of Alo

Frick could have been kind of cute but I wasn't ready for the sex. GROSS. Even though I liked the bathroom shot. It was lovely.

Speaking of shots finally there were some amazing shots with Nick and this flawless sky I've missed so much.
Quote:
The kiss with Alex was just fanservice.
I'll pretend it's legit canon.

Icon

Last edited by Zefiro; 02-28-2012 at 05:24 AM
Old 02-28-2012, 05:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
Ok the gang scenes at the club,the bathroom scenes and the Nale kiss were so beautiful.Very strong and emotional.One of the best this season to be honest.
Sean was really incredible in those scenes. I didn't really like the bathroom situation, but Sean just totally sold it to me.

Quote:
I liked the girl Nick had sex with. Hilarious.
Oh my god she really was hilarious I wasn't expecting her to be like that at all so I really enjoyed that scene!

Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sean was really incredible in those scenes. I didn't really like the bathroom situation, but Sean just totally sold it to me.
Exactly. I could feel him losing control,that's why I liked it to be honest.

But the tension between Nick,Mini and Rich surprisingly calming things a bit was the cherry on top.

Icon
Old 02-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forelsket (View Post)
I wasn't expecting her to be like that at all so I really enjoyed that scene!
She's good, could've been entertaining as a main character even. She reminds me a tiny bit of Abigail.

Quote:
Franky needs to know Matty was set up because she keeps pissing on him and it makes me mad because it wasnt his fault. Damn you Liv, damn you. Tell somebody
Same. I find it hard to believe that Liv or Nick wouldn't have by now but I'm basing that on what I saw in S5, so more fool me.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Since I'm in a logical state of mind, I'll give this episode a 9.5/10. I don't like Frick but I understand how it happened so it's ok( Seriously, I despise Frick with a passion)

Nicks club scene was a top 5 skins scene imo. Too powerful and emotional from majority of them. I like how Nick is starting to relax because of Franky. Tbh though, i want Matty back, **** those dealers. I'm mad a Franky because she doesn't care. I'm a Franky Stan so it hurts me to see her ****ing with everyone. Luke, Matty and Nick in less than a year?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:01 AM
New Fan

I think this season is even more insular than S4? And as underused as Pandora and some of the others were in that season, at least they were actually around, it's a bit laughable to track certain character's (Matty, Rich) involvement this series. I almost wish they'd just killed Matty, given the pregnancy to Rich and Grace, and then we'd at least only be missing one character instead of three (and we could have possibly been spared from Malo or at least pregnant!Mini).

I was mainly left unaffected by Nick's episode. I love his character as a kind of lovable goof, so the fact that he led this pretty insular episode was eh to me. Like others have said, I LOVED the confrontation scene at the club, but of course it could only last two minutes tops before more angsty forbidden romance and some gangster-altercation. I hate the gangster-dealer storylines/characters SO much. Always my least favorite portions of the show, they're so stupid. But yeah, I loved the club scene because we actually got insight into what characters thought about outside of their romantic partners. I'm pretty sure that was the ONE scene this series (outside of her episode, of course, and some of 61) where Mini said something that wasn't related to Alo. It was great to see her at first defend Nick from Alo's pestering, sort've reminded me of how great their friendship could've been.

Man this season really is such a mess. This is SO far from the S6 I imagined, or anyone imagined based on S5. I think changing showrunners made such an enormous difference, because it's clear there are just very different views on characters and compatibility and arc potential. Looking at the former two gens, Chris and Jal from Gen1 and I guess Chris and Katie from Gen2 are the only couples that started in the second season that were inter-group, but the Tony-Michelle and Sid-Cassie romance was definitely given equal focus as Chris-Jal and in Gen2 Freddie-Effy-Cook was obviously the primary focus with Emily-Naomi getting a fair amount too. But right now, not a single relationship from the former season in remotely in-tact! Nick-Franky and Mini-Alo are the main romances and they were both born within S6 without any semblance of a hint in the former one, and obviously Rich-Grace has been split via death while Matty's exile has put an end to Matty-Franky/Matty-Liv (no complaints there). It just seems like the writers essentially threw away all the foundation they had been given and paid no respect to the work done in S5, and that's such a shame because there was so much potential!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

I did miss Rich, hopefully with Alo's episode there will be more Rich.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)

But the tension between Nick,Mini and Rich surprisingly calming things a bit was the cherry on top.
rich was so precious.

Quote:
yep. although i still find his truluv for franky nonsensical sean really rocked that scene. and i liked the description of what love feels like. (a part of me would give anything for you to disappear or w/e)

matty is really being shat over this series, in regards to franky calling him a selfish pussy.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -LNJ- (View Post)
I think this season is even more insular than S4? And as underused as Pandora and some of the others were in that season, at least they were actually around, it's a bit laughable to track certain character's (Matty, Rich) involvement this series. I almost wish they'd just killed Matty, given the pregnancy to Rich and Grace, and then we'd at least only be missing one character instead of three (and we could have possibly been spared from Malo or at least pregnant!Mini).
Man this season really is such a mess. This is SO far from the S6 I imagined, or anyone imagined based on S5. I think changing showrunners made such an enormous difference, because it's clear there are just very different views on characters and compatibility and arc potential. Looking at the former two gens, Chris and Jal from Gen1 and I guess Chris and Katie from Gen2 are the only couples that started in the second season that were inter-group, but the Tony-Michelle and Sid-Cassie romance was definitely given equal focus as Chris-Jal and in Gen2 Freddie-Effy-Cook was obviously the primary focus with Emily-Naomi getting a fair amount too. But right now, not a single relationship from the former season in remotely in-tact! Nick-Franky and Mini-Alo are the main romances and they were both born within S6 without any semblance of a hint in the former one, and obviously Rich-Grace has been split via death while Matty's exile has put an end to Matty-Franky/Matty-Liv (no complaints there). It just seems like the writers essentially threw away all the foundation they had been given and paid no respect to the work done in S5, and that's such a shame because there was so much potential!
I agree 100%. It's like you're reading my mind
Old 02-28-2012, 12:31 PM
New Fan

Have to say I am rapidly losing hope in this season. It is just a mess.

Clearly Franky isn't really into Nick and is just being spiteful to Matty, but when exactly did Nick develop these "can't live without you feelings", especially as a few months prior he was declare the same level of love of Liv.

My only hope is that the show down will involve Nike confirming that Matty hadn't told Franky and the others the whole truth about Luke and the drugs.
As for Nick calling Franky a head ****. Firstly - how did he come to that conclusion. Secondly - how dare he use a line which was so beautifully delivered by Matty in S5. I just want Matty back but as to whose episode that will be in reminds to be seen.

Last edited by CruisingMatty; 02-28-2012 at 12:41 PM
Old 02-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -LNJ- (View Post)

I was mainly left unaffected by Nick's episode. I love his character as a kind of lovable goof, so the fact that he led this pretty insular episode was eh to me. Like others have said, I LOVED the confrontation scene at the club, but of course it could only last two minutes tops before more angsty forbidden romance and some gangster-altercation. I hate the gangster-dealer storylines/characters SO much. Always my least favorite portions of the show, they're so stupid. But yeah, I loved the club scene because we actually got insight into what characters thought about outside of their romantic partners. I'm pretty sure that was the ONE scene this series (outside of her episode, of course, and some of 61) where Mini said something that wasn't related to Alo. It was great to see her at first defend Nick from Alo's pestering, sort've reminded me of how great their friendship could've been.

i don't think i've ever seen so much wasted potential in a show.