Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-13-2012, 04:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztomania (View Post)
really dreading this episode. this is going into the effy territory and has the potential to be either a massive success or very stupid mess.
my sentiments exactly.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

just a few hours.. who is watching it in a stream tonight?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztomania (View Post)
really dreading this episode. this is going into the effy territory and has the potential to be either a massive success or very stupid mess.
so true
Old 02-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist (View Post)
same. rape scenes disturb me so much. rape scene or not, that scene looks extremely disturbing just from the trailer..i dont know how i am gonna watch the whole scene. ugh.
I don't think it will be rape scene exactly... some kind of abuse... Well, the entire relationship will be physical abuse, so. If the rape scene happen, it will be terrible to watch.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:26 PM
New Fan

does anyone know a streamlink?
Old 02-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Passionate Fan

I really thought this episode was going to make me like Franky...

No. It was just violence and sex. Can someone please explain to me what really happened? What was the whole purpose?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm confused, I was looking for this gif in this episode and it never came.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_vanilla (View Post)
I really thought this episode was going to make me like Franky...

No. It was just violence and sex. Can someone please explain to me what really happened? What was the whole purpose?
What happened was the worst episode in Skins UK history. There are two ways to view the whole purpose.

1. Here is what we are supposed to take from the episode. Franky is battling low self esteem due to intense guilt over Grace's death. So she is acting self-destructive by indulging in nihilism with a nihilist - Luke. This attempt to detach herself from the world and those who really love her culminates in her taking pleasure from Nick's beating. However when she is raped, she reaches a physical and emotional nadir that creates a breakthrough, a want to connect again with life. The want to reach out to the late Grace (her downward spiral is connected to her guilt) is displaced by reality - a connection to the father who loves her unconditionally. The bond with nihilism - Luke - is broken by unconditional love. The chance for redemption is shown in connection with Nick - whether it is romantic waits to be seen.

2. The purpose is to use violence and sex to raise the ratings barely disguising the lame (and played to death) tropes under option 1 and a crushing inability to create thoughtful, nuanced storytelling. This ties in with the rest of series 6's awfulness.

What is clear is whereas JB's control of series 5 resulted in rich, compelling characters and plots that felt, for the most part, organic, BE's control of series 6 has resulted in one note characterizations and plots that feel artificial, ones that lack any respect for nuance, for the gratification that can be offered by smart, insightful creativity.

While it is bothersome that there is another possible coupling in Franky and Nick that almost rivals Alo and now straight Mini in how phony it feels, the most offensive elements are found in a work that strives to titillate the viewer through violent sex while wagging their finger at the action. Cecil B. DeMille used to make a living off of such preachy moralism.

This is a show that has become as bankrupt in terms of it's integrity as it has become creatively bankrupt.

Last edited by Inesal; 02-13-2012 at 07:03 PM
Old 02-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Anyone have a link? Im desperate
Old 02-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

So Was this episode pretty disturbing? Franky gets raped?
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 02-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Passionate Fan

It was just weird... Tons of useless violence and sex. I'm sure someone else who is more eloquent than I am will be able to summarize it properly. It's really sad when you don't really have any expectations and are still disappointed.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyboy11 (View Post)
So Was this episode pretty disturbing? Franky gets raped?
What is shown ends up being more eye rolling than disturbing. Yes Franky gets raped but the storyline is so contrived, Franky's behavior is so contrived, Luke as a character is so contrived, Nick's affection for Mini is so contrived - that it becomes a case of, as with Grace's death, stifling a yawn at the contrivance. The disturbing element is the continued lack of respect the people behind the show are showing for the intelligence of those who have been loyal to the show.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

If anyone has a stream or a download link can you PM me? Thanks!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Extreme Fan

stream pls if anyone knows of one.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Possibly my least favorite episode ever. And I went into it with rather low expectations.